The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on February 23, 2004, 10:49:38 am

Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: wombat on February 23, 2004, 10:49:38 am
I have nothing to say about this strip, just wanted to jump in and make sure the thread title was relatively safe for work...

That's a strange countertop or whatever that Beef is eating at, though.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: andalucia on February 23, 2004, 12:35:17 pm
Uh, yeah, I'd say... less than classic.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: palm trees on February 23, 2004, 01:36:05 pm
because, of course, every webcomic strip must be instantly classic, people.



yeah, the strip made me laugh out loud. i also like beef's panel asking what the tube is, it's like he's reading from an autocue, deliberately and obviously setting it up for ray showing him the intense cream.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: AugustWest on February 23, 2004, 02:02:47 pm
That's a different kind of 'roid rage.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: CortJstr on February 23, 2004, 02:29:25 pm
I thought the tube was pretty funny. Of course I always like product names like that. Like "Hey Fatso, Eat This" brand diet cat food from Garfield. Or "Krazee Glu: Official Sponsor of Delta Psi Hazing Week" from the Tick.

I just wish there was a Mr. Yuck on it.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 23, 2004, 02:38:46 pm
I say, classic! This thread made me laugh, as well. Ray's gentleness, his grunt, and the bottle name make it.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: Bozack on February 23, 2004, 04:25:39 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Of course I always like product names like that. Like "Hey Fatso, Eat This" brand diet cat food from Garfield. Or "Krazee Glu: Official Sponsor of Delta Psi Hazing Week" from the Tick.

Or "A Whole Shitload of Class", from When I Grow Up.
JUST ALL REPRESENTING THE WEBCOMICS DAWG.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: AugustWest on February 23, 2004, 04:48:40 pm
Must we also infer that Lyle has "Gentleness" problems as well.  Nothin' worse than that damn painful rectal itch!  Perhaps it explains Lyle's, well, testiness.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: jough on February 23, 2004, 06:20:58 pm
I like how the tube's label starts out PG-13, and then decides to just go for broke.

But because I am a weak-minded Westerner who is drawn to things big and shiny, I read the tube first and laughed-out-loud before reading the rest of the strip.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: CortJstr on February 23, 2004, 07:56:57 pm
This is why I'm convinced that there should be a brand of alcohol called "Hate World, Revenge Soon." I'm thinking tequila or whiskey.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: AugustWest on February 23, 2004, 08:17:31 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
This is why I'm convinced that there should be a brand of alcohol called "Hate World, Revenge Soon." I'm thinking tequila or whiskey.


If it was a Bourbon you could call it "Old Postal Worker".
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: wombat on February 23, 2004, 08:37:05 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"


If it was a Bourbon you could call it "Old Postal Worker".


This made my day.  Possibly my whole month.  Thank you.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: AugustWest on February 23, 2004, 08:51:20 pm
Aw shucks, ma'am.  Twern't nuthin'.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: V-Adore on February 23, 2004, 09:09:05 pm
Crowning glory of this strip for me: the fact that it is not just Ray's gentleness, but his Gentleness. With a capital G.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 23, 2004, 09:40:01 pm
Why Gentleness though? What does that even mean?

And if he was gentle with it, he probably wouldn't have a damn hemmorhoid. Especially one so bad it makes him limp.

Maybe it's because of this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212003).
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: thegipper on February 23, 2004, 10:23:26 pm
That strip was very lifetime movie.  

Do you reckon the illegal doctor is a Eugene Landy type or something?
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 23, 2004, 10:44:13 pm
A lifetime movie? Robert Urich is dead and there are no female characters. I don't think a lifetime movie is even possible. If Ray were a chick and Female Beef said "What is that, some vagisil or some such ointment or salve?" Then maybe you'd have something....
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: sailor on February 23, 2004, 11:59:36 pm
Ray would not have such problems with his hemmroid if he didn't insist on wearing a thong all the damn time.

i mean, shit.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: Bozack on February 24, 2004, 12:53:10 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
This is why I'm convinced that there should be a brand of alcohol called "Hate World, Revenge Soon." I'm thinking tequila or whiskey.


If it was a Bourbon you could call it "Old Postal Worker".

Man, is there enough interest in "What would you name your liquor?" to start a thread about it in Kitchen? Given that there's already "Liquid Banjo," of course.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: St_Zartan on February 24, 2004, 01:11:44 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Crowning glory of this strip for me: the fact that it is not just Ray's gentleness, but his Gentleness. With a capital G.


Seconded. This, too, from the cat that used to spend every Friday night down at the Fuck Races.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: pmcd9 on February 24, 2004, 02:49:49 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
A lifetime movie? Robert Urich is dead and there are no female characters. I don't think a lifetime movie is even possible. If Ray were a chick and Female Beef said "What is that, some vagisil or some such ointment or salve?" Then maybe you'd have something....


I think you have a future in Hollywood, because as I understand it, that's exactly how these things come about.

~Paul
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: thegipper on February 24, 2004, 07:10:29 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Maybe it's because of this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212003).


i should have been more clearererer.  colonel ephraim's treatment of cats is highly questionable and barry bostwick is alive and kicking if need be.
Title: That illegal doctor he drinks with (Feb 23)
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 24, 2004, 07:26:23 am
True! And the cast of designing women is usually available also for Lifetime movies. Parker Stevenson is probably available also.