The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bozack on February 23, 2004, 07:06:32 pm

Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Bozack on February 23, 2004, 07:06:32 pm
 My God, it's...it's made of stars. (http://turnpikefilms.com/spots/nutrigrain.html)
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: AugustWest on February 23, 2004, 07:30:35 pm
I shattered my hand.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 23, 2004, 08:04:01 pm
It's too bad it's not a real commercial.  This one would make me happy if I ever saw it on television.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 23, 2004, 08:52:40 pm
Stupid work computer not having a soundcard. Stupid not being able to install Flash because of permissions. Stupid restaurants always having Coke instead of Pepsi.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: andalucia on February 23, 2004, 09:15:48 pm
That was rad.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: thegipper on February 23, 2004, 10:15:02 pm
i just grew a mustache because of that!
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Choop on February 23, 2004, 11:40:16 pm
I can't moderate this thread because I can't watch movies right now.

I'm grounded from QuickTime because I should be working.

I'll find a suitable home for you yet, sweet dear thread.


*sniff*
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 23, 2004, 11:58:29 pm
Maybe it's best I didn't watch this at work. I may very well have quit.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: pmcd9 on February 24, 2004, 02:53:16 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Maybe it's best I didn't watch this at work. I may very well have quit.


I'm waiting for it to download.  Uh, am I about to be transformed?

~Paul
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2004, 03:29:01 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Maybe it's best I didn't watch this at work. I may very well have quit.


I'm waiting for it to download.  Uh, am I about to be transformed?


You'll feel great.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Nabubrush on February 24, 2004, 03:53:36 am
No workee.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 24, 2004, 07:14:25 am
Man, That is AMAZING. I have fizzle in my fashizzle. I feel GREAT.

The chick is hot. And the black dude looks EXACTLY like Clint Howard in Blackface. I had to play it back slow to be sure it wasn't.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 24, 2004, 07:31:57 am
I feel GREAT!

I was able to transfer this to my digital camera, and have been showing it to random people on the street (well, at the movie theatre, anyway) asking them if they feel great, and if the commercial makes them want to purchase Nutrigrain bars.

Every damn one of them said Yes.

And at least three people that I ran into afterwards yelled to me from across the street "I FEEL GREAT!"

God, I love this fuck*ng country.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 24, 2004, 03:03:26 pm
Hell yes I want some Nutri-Grain bars now! I'll take two dozen!
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 24, 2004, 03:44:17 pm
You know... I'm, on the whole, immune to advertising. But I want a nutrigrain right now.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2004, 04:59:44 pm
Luckily when I watched it I had half a box of raspberry in the kitchen. But now I need to run to Safeway because I need more.

Did this remind anybody else of Husk Musk? If the Nutrigrain guy had some of that he'd be the single most unstoppable force in human history.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 24, 2004, 05:34:54 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Did this remind anybody else of Husk Musk?


Canadian sled-dog scent for men?
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Flenker on February 24, 2004, 05:46:44 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did this remind anybody else of Husk Musk? If the Nutrigrain guy had some of that he'd be the single most unstoppable force in human history.


Danny Husk??  I didn't think of that until now.  and the possibility that Nutrigrain guy could get some Husk Musk scares me.  Bad
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2004, 06:14:01 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Did this remind anybody else of Husk Musk?


Canadian sled-dog scent for men?


http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/five/huskmusk.html
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 24, 2004, 06:24:47 pm
OOOOoooooooook. Probably doesn't quite work in transcription. Or something.
Although I am going to start using the word 'sub-tastic'.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 24, 2004, 06:27:20 pm
I still feel greeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 24, 2004, 06:51:11 pm
Ooooffffffffffffffffff.
Go ahead and hit me!!
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 24, 2004, 07:01:14 pm
I shattered my hand and I feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2004, 07:38:47 pm
Quote from: "slink"
OOOOoooooooook. Probably doesn't quite work in transcription. Or something.
Although I am going to start using the word 'sub-tastic'.


Those ignorant in the ways of Kids in the Hall with get no sympathy from me. Only head-crushin.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 24, 2004, 07:41:58 pm
Cort, you are one of the Daves I know.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 24, 2004, 08:03:58 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Those ignorant in the ways of Kids in the Hall with get no sympathy from me. Only head-crushin.


Oh my god. It's them!?
Aaaaah.
I adore Kids in the Hall! Haven't seen anything but Brain Candy in about 8 years at least though, since it doesn't get shown over here anymore.
But it has always been one of our favourite things ever.

So I will squish your head.
I actually found a place I could download some Kids in the Hall episodes, but what with only having a modem, and no one ever sharing them...

Anyway, back to feeling greaaaaaaaaat!

(And yes, while I think we saw all of them, we may have not caught a series. And I don't remember that one at any rate. But now I understand what you mean moustache wise - since it will have been the one who plays the gay dad in Brain Candy (can never remember their names now) with the moustache yes?)
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: wombat on February 24, 2004, 08:14:37 pm
That's Scott Thompson, one of the rare Kids whose last name does not begin with Mc.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2004, 08:14:56 pm
That's him exactly. Same voice and everything. And the boss was Dave Foley.

I thought "KitH" in the address would give it away. But now I have "Daves I know" stuck in my head.

I need to go listen to my Vacant Lot mp3's now.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jay-ell on February 24, 2004, 09:29:16 pm
I think we're all missing an important theme, here.  

Namely, babies eeeeeverywherrrrre.  

baaaaaabies!

(I think she wants to eat them.)
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 24, 2004, 09:39:02 pm
Like, 500 babies.

That chick actually was kinda hot until she started to contort her face freakishly.

And damnit, I STILL feel grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2004, 12:13:21 am
They had yogurt Nutri-Grain bars in the vending machine today. I was scared to buy it in case it tainted the greatness induced by regular ones.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Mite on February 25, 2004, 02:31:01 am
Did you check out the other commercials there? The starbucks one made me yawn for a good solid minute. Dammit, just thinking about it made me yawn again. Good stuff.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2004, 02:39:00 am
Missed opportunity.  I was at the Weight Watchers tonight and the leader was hawking the WW nutrition bars and she compared them to Nutrigrain.  I had just gotten there (late) and didn't snap to what she was saying until it was too late and the moment had passed.  I could have made a hell of a scene.  Dammit if i'd had a nutrigrain this wouldn't have happened.  I'll feel great tomorrow.  Tonight i'm too tired.

~Paul
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 25, 2004, 03:18:13 am
Quote from: "Mite"
Did you check out the other commercials there? The starbucks one made me yawn for a good solid minute. Dammit, just thinking about it made me yawn again. Good stuff.


I watched the other ones.  I liked the lunatic one.

And yeah, that Starfucks ad was yawnfully contagious.  What a great spot.

I watched that one a few times, because the filmmaking was really quite exquisite.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 26, 2004, 03:29:32 am
I feel so great I even made my own commercial (http://jough.com/video/nutrijough.avi).
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: CortJstr on February 26, 2004, 04:19:22 am
I'm glad I'm not homeless right now.
.
.
.
.
.
Well, extra glad.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 26, 2004, 01:36:49 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I feel so great I even made my own commercial.


Now, even sans Nutrigrain, I feel great!

Is there any way we can put you in charge of all advertising... ever? I might watch TV again were that to be.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Limmo on February 26, 2004, 05:37:02 pm
Goddamnit what the HELL kind of codec do I need to actually watch this and not just hear the audio?
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 26, 2004, 05:59:22 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Goddamnit what the HELL kind of codec do I need to actually watch this and not just hear the audio?


Divx (http://divx.com).

Quote from: "slink"
Is there any way we can put you in charge of all advertising... ever? I might watch TV again were that to be.


Thanks.  That was my first movie, too.  I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to use Premiere, and ended up using a nifty little free tool called VirtualDub.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 26, 2004, 06:41:57 pm
Quote from: "jough"

 I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to use Premiere, and ended up using a nifty little free tool called VirtualDub.


Yea. Premiere is hell. And VirtualDub is pretty nifty. Used both a bit, although a while back. Only cause to use VirtualDub now is to try and fix the odd divx file that I downloaded.

I reckon we should just force you to go off make a random movie every week.
All opening a Joughpike Films website.
All downloading huge divx movies on a shitty modem connection.
All getting hella drunk waiting.

It's now snowing, and I feel great.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2004, 06:54:33 pm
Dude, that link required me to either pay $19.95 for the codec or agree to some Gator powered Adware.

Your film sounds good.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 26, 2004, 07:28:49 pm
Try and downlaod the Nimo codec pack. There you can get the safe version of divx codec, as well as most other codecs you will ever need.
It can clash with XVid occasionally however. But it sounds like that won't matter to you.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Limmo on February 26, 2004, 08:01:26 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Dude, that link required me to either pay $19.95 for the codec or agree to some Gator powered Adware.

Your film sounds good.


Seconded.  And the Nimo Codec page flat-out tells you to be careful about the adware you'll wind up with. Not tech-savvy enough to be dealing with this shiznit.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 26, 2004, 08:10:59 pm
Don't you people ever update Windows?  I encoded the damn thing into Divx because I figured it would have fairly universal support.

Okay, because I love you all:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Nimo_Codec_Pack.htm

Click the "Download" link.  Install using the defaults if you don't know what you want/need.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2004, 08:32:39 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Don't you people ever update Windows?  I encoded the damn thing into Divx because I figured it would have fairly universal support.

Okay, because I love you all:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Nimo_Codec_Pack.htm

Click the "Download" link.  Install using the defaults if you don't know what you want/need.


It worked and I was able to see the commercial.

Now I feel great.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: Limmo on February 26, 2004, 08:53:48 pm
Now I FEEL GREAT TOO!!!!!!!!
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 26, 2004, 11:50:45 pm
Jough, words can not describe your performance in the last scene.

I'm speechless.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 27, 2004, 12:03:04 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Jough, words can not describe your performance in the last scene.


It is indeed, the thoroughly priceless one.
I watched it again earlier. I'm sure I'll have to watch it tomorrow before I sit on a train, and I'll buy a Nutrigrain before too, so I can feel great all the way to Edinburgh.
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: jough on February 27, 2004, 02:54:14 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Jough, words can not describe your performance in the last scene.

I'm speechless.


That's the third take.  The first two weren't... well, insane enough.

I don't know if it comes across, but I just thought: How would Howard Dean do this?
Title: Best. Commercial. Ever.
Post by: slink on February 27, 2004, 12:11:02 pm
Quote from: "jough"

I don't know if it comes across, but I just thought: How would Howard Dean do this?


Wow. That actually comes across.
Stupendous.