The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Bozack on February 24, 2004, 01:36:55 am

Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Bozack on February 24, 2004, 01:36:55 am
Coming from the thread about today's comic: If you had your own liquor, what would it be called? Label images encouraged. I'm working on mine.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: V-Adore on February 24, 2004, 04:01:16 am
This may be biased by my current mood, but right now my liquor would be "Tiny Quivering Ball of Rage and Pain Dark Ale." (extra bitter.)
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Choop on February 24, 2004, 04:59:56 am
"Ye Olde Slurr Factoree" - a barely-distilled, fast-aged grain alcohol which basically turns into fire as soon as it comes into contact with air.

"Schutzbrillehersteller" - (translates to "eye protector manufacturer") high-content lager which takes you from 20/20 to beer goggles faster than you can conceive. Guaranteed to get you laid. not guaranteed.

"Ye Olde Janx Spirit" - oh, snap. That one's taken.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 24, 2004, 03:04:41 pm
Old Cranky Bastard:  pre-mixed manhattans.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2004, 02:42:04 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
"Ye Olde Slurr Factoree" - a barely-distilled, fast-aged grain alcohol which basically turns into fire as soon as it comes into contact with air.


We actually have a chemical where I work that does exactly that.  It's some crazy fucked up shit that is combustible with air.  The only way to put it out is cover it up with sand or foam.  Water only makes it worse.

~Paul
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Mite on February 25, 2004, 02:46:21 am
Definitely "I Ain't Putting Up With Anybody's Bullshit" brand gin. Serve very, very cold. Drink while alone, and in the dark, if possible.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2004, 02:50:17 am
SHIT IN YOUR FACE beer.  It gets it's name because that's how you feel in the morning, like someone has literally shit in your face, but it's only $1.99 for a sixer of tall boys so it's an acceptable trade off.

~Paul
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2004, 03:12:00 am
"Daaaaaaaamn!" pure grain alcohol. Why should Everclear have the market cornered?
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: jough on February 25, 2004, 03:16:16 am
"THIS DICK AIN'T GONNA SUCK ITSELF" brand Sake.  Americans should drink more sake.

And the tag line would be:

Sake Sake Long Time
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Mite on February 25, 2004, 03:16:49 am
After listening to some New Pornographers, I'd like to add "Slow Descent" red wine. Comes in a plastic bottle.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2004, 03:30:58 am
Quote from: "jough"
"THIS DICK AIN'T GONNA SUCK ITSELF" brand Sake.  Americans should drink more sake.

And the tag line would be:

Sake Sake Long Time


Sometimes, I say sometimes I really lilke the way you think there Jough.

~Paul
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Nabubrush on February 25, 2004, 03:51:57 am
Bile Producer Tequila - now with ring and tapeworms.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: AugustWest on February 25, 2004, 04:13:35 am
How 'bout Pozeur brand vodka?  Put it in a fancy bottle with the slogan, "Even though you can't tell the difference, you'll pay the difference."

Or maybe "Roofie" brand PGA -- "Specially brewed for punch spikin'!"

and perhaps, "I Can't Believe I Have Such Enormous Genitals" brand beer -- From the folks that brought you the Hummer!
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: St_Zartan on February 25, 2004, 05:31:17 am
Quote from: "Mite"
After listening to some New Pornographers, I'd like to add "Slow Descent" red wine. Comes in a plastic bottle.


This spirit should come with a guarantee that one's own horrifying internal decay will be translated into a punchy pop song within six to eight weeks of the diagnosis. Also none of this flaking out and saying she's the vocalist sometimes - if I am going to die by your poisonous gravity, I get Neko Case papering the walls.

Quote from: "jough"
Americans should drink more sake.


Right. I happen to love sake, and I am what common parlance refers to as a Reasonable Human Being. Sake is delicious and makes me absolutely fuck*ng bananas. If capital-A Americans drank more sake, we'd be looking at fuck*ng Thunderdome in less than five years.

WE LIKE CARS DRIVING IN OVALS BUT WE CANNOT DRINK HARD WITHOUT STABBING RELATIVES, OR PERHAPS BURYING OUR CHILDREN IN CELLARS WITH GALLON JUGS OF IODINE

WOOOOOOOOO STATES' RIGHTS
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: V-Adore on February 25, 2004, 05:55:50 am
I'm surprised nobody's suggested "So Not Afraid of the fuck*ng POLICE" brand tequila.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Ben-San on February 25, 2004, 06:00:44 am
"I Could Be Macho If I Tried, Dammit" brand peach cordial.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 25, 2004, 07:00:01 am
"Long-Time Companion" Peach Schnapps

"Gag Reflex" Ouzo

"Dinner Ejector" brand Fruit-flavored Malt Beverages
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 27, 2004, 08:44:22 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
if I am going to die by your poisonous gravity, I get Neko Case papering the walls.


We loves us some Neko Case in Chicago. She is purty, has one of the best voices ever, is nice, and is damned funny to boot.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Mite on February 27, 2004, 11:55:27 am
Have you seen those nudie pictures of her on the net? You ain't seen purdy yet.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 27, 2004, 03:08:32 pm
What what?!?
I know she did a much too sexeeheeeee pin-up shot (http://www.sympathyrecords.com/calendar/2000/february2000.html) for Sympathy for the Record Industry, but I think Neko Case nudie pix are an urban legend.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: slink on February 27, 2004, 03:22:30 pm
Broken Shins Murphy Irish Whisky, which tastes like pure Methanol, and has roughly the same effect.

The Shane McGowan Tooth Rotter, which is actually a cocktail, made from 6 parts Coke, 2 parts Scotch, 2 parts Vodka, 2 parts Rum, and a half lb.  of sugar. The christmas release plays Fairytale of New York when you unscrew the cap.

And... who the hell's Neko Case!?
Damn Atlantic.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Nabubrush on February 27, 2004, 03:23:01 pm
Like I didn't love Neko Case enough, her favorite cocktail is Maker's on the rocks! And I bring the thread full circle!
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: slink on February 27, 2004, 03:27:31 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Like I didn't love Neko Case enough, her favorite cocktail is Maker's on the rocks! And I bring the thread full circle!


And her favourite films and TV are Lynch. But then from all the descriptions of who she is I can just tell her music may well suck big time...?
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 27, 2004, 04:51:47 pm
Quote from: "slink"
And her favourite films and TV are Lynch. But then from all the descriptions of who she is I can just tell her music may well suck big time...?


Well, I like it, for whatever the hell that's worth.  I suggest you listen to it rather than make guesses based on the fact that she likes David Lynch.  Blacklisted channels Patsy Cline, The Virginian is a more upbeat country/bluegrassy sort of thing.  Go here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006BTC6/104-2058189-2658314?v=glance) to hear samples from the former, or here (http://www.puremusic.com/listen15.html).
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: jough on February 27, 2004, 05:52:05 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"

We loves us some Neko Case in Chicago. She is purty, has one of the best voices ever, is nice, and is damned funny to boot.


Is she some kind of musical performer?  Because Google is letting me down.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Mite on February 27, 2004, 07:14:40 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
but I think Neko Case nudie pix are an urban legend.

Oh they're out there, and they're awesome.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: jough on February 27, 2004, 08:31:13 pm
Quote from: "Mite"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
but I think Neko Case nudie pix are an urban legend.

Oh they're out there, and they're awesome.


That's easy to say - but can you produce links to prove it?

Huh?  Can you?

CAN YOU?
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Mite on February 27, 2004, 09:11:19 pm
I knew somebody was gonna call me on it, and google's letting me down at the moment. I seen 'em though, I swear.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: pmcd9 on February 28, 2004, 12:32:49 am
Quote from: "Mite"
I knew somebody was gonna call me on it, and google's letting me down at the moment. I seen 'em though, I swear.


I've seen 'em too, dammit, I knew I should have saved them.

~Paul
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 28, 2004, 04:54:43 am
They ran in Cutie or Kutie or something like that.

And there you have it:
http://www.kutie.com/html/fotos/neko.html

I love Blacklisted. Especially Deep Red Bells: http://xenex.*****bee.org/Music/existangst/Neko_Case_-_Deep_Red_Bells.mp3. Indeed. Her pedal steel player is awesome and very fun to watch.

Of course, I am some alt.country asshole, I think.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Bozack on February 28, 2004, 08:05:09 am
I love how we've now subdivided ourselves into alt.country assholes with crushes on Neko Case and hell no depression also a love of cartoon cats.

ALSO:
because this is my thread DAMMIT and i'm taking CONTROL again:
Crazy Drunk Hillbilly- "IT'S A ROOTIN' TOOTIN' AWWW GOD SOMETIMES I CRY!"
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 28, 2004, 08:08:04 am
Your second subdivision confuses me, but I am going where there's no depression (the bathroom).
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Mite on February 28, 2004, 02:19:21 pm
I'm seconding the alt.country assholeness. Tonight I'm going to see Southern Culture on the Skids. Not as good lookin' as Neko (thanks for the link, btw), but awesome nonetheless.

How 'bout "Booty Call" brand malt liquor?
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: AugustWest on February 28, 2004, 10:43:35 pm
Hell, I was alt.country when alt.country wasn't cool.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 29, 2004, 03:27:14 pm
When was alt.country not cool? I call bullshit.

That is, I Call Bullshit brand liquor. When you get drunk enough you tell everyone that you're on to them.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: V-Adore on February 29, 2004, 09:08:19 pm
I have no idea whether I'm an alt.country asshole or not, so I am unclear on whether or not to mock you, but I do internet-heart "Deep Red Bells" desperately.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: pmcd9 on February 29, 2004, 11:52:12 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have no idea whether I'm an alt.country asshole or not, so I am unclear on whether or not to mock you, but I do internet-heart "Deep Red Bells" desperately.


That song appeared on Carlos D's mix and it's beautiful.

~Paul
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: V-Adore on March 01, 2004, 01:22:09 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have no idea whether I'm an alt.country asshole or not, so I am unclear on whether or not to mock you, but I do internet-heart "Deep Red Bells" desperately.


That song appeared on Carlos D's mix and it's beautiful.

~Paul

Yes, this would be where I heard it first. I would elaborate on my love for it, but this is the Kitchen and not the Conservatory.

Another new liquor: "I Can't Believe It's Not a Soft Drink," for those of us who have issues with booze tasting like booze.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: AugustWest on March 01, 2004, 01:37:09 am
How about a malt liquor called "The Man" as in "I coulda been something, but The Man held me down."
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: CortJstr on March 01, 2004, 01:44:00 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
How about a malt liquor called "The Man" as in "I coulda been something, but The Man held me down."


Going with that theme: The Flu. "I can't come into work today. I got The Flu last night."
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: wombat on March 01, 2004, 02:09:11 am
Damn, I don't know enough about alcohol to be any good at this game, but now I think I should try to get mole rats into every thread tonight.  Something like Damaraland Bitter - Has a Bite like a Mole Rat.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: V-Adore on March 01, 2004, 03:14:17 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Damaraland Bitter - Has a Bite like a Mole Rat.

You could probably sell massive quantities of this -- more on college campuses with good biology programs.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: jay-ell on March 03, 2004, 10:15:36 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
http://www.kutie.com/html/fotos/neko.html


Oh.  Oh, my.
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: slink on March 03, 2004, 11:18:29 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"

Oh.  Oh, my.


What's happened to your carefully monitored little world in your absence?
Title: If I Had A Liquor....
Post by: Flenker on March 26, 2004, 07:53:16 am
WELL I DO DECLARE

she does not have much clothes on