The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on February 25, 2004, 12:05:07 am

Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: palm trees on February 25, 2004, 12:05:07 am
i feel a great pain right now.

i am a good person. i promise.
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: St_Zartan on February 25, 2004, 01:46:48 am
I still like you, palm trees.
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: AugustWest on February 25, 2004, 02:13:13 am
I think we should all call palm trees between 5:30 and 8:00 pm and tell him, "You. Are. Rad."
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: jough on February 25, 2004, 03:14:27 am
I love how Ray always takes a nice long sip while he's thinking of ways to fuck with people.
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: palm trees on February 25, 2004, 04:27:08 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I think we should all call palm trees between 5:30 and 8:00 pm and tell him, "You. Are. Rad."


i think the fact that you have just pinpointed my exact evening shift time slot means you are more rad, and much more terrifyingly psychic, than me.
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: palm trees on February 25, 2004, 04:27:51 am
edit: i didn't see the other topic was locked so FUCK WHAT THIS POST ORIGINALLY SAID. sorry.

the phone is essentially an extension of ray
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: St_Zartan on February 25, 2004, 05:22:52 am
Quote from: "jough"
Goddammit people we can't have two threads for this strip.


RIVERS AND SEAS BOILING!

HUMAN SACRIFICE,
DOGS AND CATS, LIVING TOGETHER,
MASS HYSTERIA

(also I just hang up on telemarketers without a sound because it is humane like lethal injection because I know that they are not allowed to stop talking or deviate from the script or be alive or spontaneous)

(people with bad jobs also can possibly have hard times and crazy electric bills and kids with bad teeth)
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: V-Adore on February 25, 2004, 05:44:20 am
I tend to just hang up. My logic is that, well, it wastes less of both their time and mine, you know?

But were I going to be an asshole to a telemarketer, I'd take a cue from Ray.
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: jough on February 25, 2004, 06:10:39 am
If they start right into their spiel, I'll say "Can you hold on a minute?" and then put the phone down and go back to work.  Sometimes it takes them five minutes to hang up.

I figure that way I'm doing my part to slow them down so they can't call as many other people.
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: slink on February 25, 2004, 11:04:40 am
That was a thing of complete and stunning beauty!
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2004, 02:16:00 pm
I just signed up for that list and stopped getting calls. But that's just me.
Title: i am a telemarketer - 24 Feb. - ADD THE DAMN DATE, PEOPLE!
Post by: Formica on February 25, 2004, 05:48:55 pm
Quote
St_Zartan sez:
(people with bad jobs also can possibly have hard times and crazy electric bills and kids with bad teeth)

And sometimes, you get calls from people with accents who start hollering at you for being racist for not wanting to talk to them (true story). The spectrum, I says, is a wide one, with many colors making up the whole of telemarketing's coherent light beam of consumerism.

Every time I start to think the assholiness of Ray's existence is becoming his dominant trait, he busts out with things like his Gentleness and the sport of telemarketer crushing.

Oh, hi. I'm new. Ferocious J might recognize me, but only because I warned him of the pending insect/arachnid-based apocalypse coming to the Bay Area.

Assuming we don't get washed off the face of the earth - I have cat 5 strung up across my cube like a clothesline, with my socks hanging from it. rulz.