The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on February 27, 2004, 12:13:09 pm
-
Well. I wasn't sure about seeing Philippe for President come back, but I really liked this one.
It was a good way to make you think he was all gonna approach the subject, then just casually sidle away from it with Philippe's naivety.
Although in the very last panel, I do believe is what Andalucia keeps referring to being wrong with Philippe's head.
-
i love the fact that you can tell what pat thinks of same-sex marriages purely by how he is standing.
-
I like how it's almost as if Philippe doesn't want to get into that discussion with Pat. He's all talking over him, not letting him get a word in edgeways. But then he just goes on to draw Homosexuals like his mother never thought to tell him about it.
-
I like how it's almost as if Philippe doesn't want to get into that discussion with Pat. He's all talking over him, not letting him get a word in edgeways.
Wow, he is a politician! ::rim shot::
And in that last Philippe panel it looks like instead of gaving his whole head look down his face moved down while leaving the rest of his head behind. Weird. Eerie.
-
i love the fact that you can tell what pat thinks of same-sex marriages purely by how he is standing.
That, or Pat's inner turmoil regarding his own latent homosexuality is driving him to confrontation anywhere he can find it.
Meanwhile, he sits at home, crying into a bottle of Old Postal Worker, dreaming of the steps of San Francisco City Hall.
He may need to stay off the beach, but all he can hear is the joy of lifting another conch to his ear.
-
The funniest part for me was that the monkey looks appropriately gay.
-
One of my favorite cartoons from the 70's was "The Great Gay Ape"
(http://www.wcnet.org/~powder77/grapeanim.gif)
Gay Ape! Gay Ape!
-
i love the fact that you can tell what pat thinks of same-sex marriages purely by how he is standing.
I don't know, I can't tell what Pat's position is just by his posture. Perhaps my gaydar isn't so well-developed.
I think Pat's going to be nasty to Phillippe no matter what his position is. He's just poised to snap and vent his irritation fumes all over Phillippe's nascent campaign.
-
One of my favorite cartoons from the 70's was "The Great Gay Ape"
Gay Ape! Gay Ape!
Wow! The background in that gif is only slightly less repetitive than an actual Hanna-Barbera cartoon!
-
Philippe really does look weird. It's a good strip otherwise, but...
-
i love the fact that you can tell what pat thinks of same-sex marriages purely by how he is standing.
That, or Pat's inner turmoil regarding his own latent homosexuality is driving him to confrontation anywhere he can find it.
Meanwhile, he sits at home, crying into a bottle of Old Postal Worker, dreaming of the steps of San Francisco City Hall.
He may need to stay off the beach, but all he can hear is the joy of lifting another conch to his ear.
I assumed Pat would be violently against gay marriage to cover his own tendencies. Plus he just seems to be a republican anyway.
-
i love the fact that you can tell what pat thinks of same-sex marriages purely by how he is standing.
That, or Pat's inner turmoil regarding his own latent homosexuality is driving him to confrontation anywhere he can find it.
Meanwhile, he sits at home, crying into a bottle of Old Postal Worker, dreaming of the steps of San Francisco City Hall.
He may need to stay off the beach, but all he can hear is the joy of lifting another conch to his ear.
I assumed Pat would be violently against gay marriage to cover his own tendencies. Plus he just seems to be a republican anyway.
I think Pat is in quite a conflict about his gayness. His political party tells him gay is bad, and he wants to believe it, but c'mon, porkpie hat, darwin giraffe bolo tie ring, gilmore girls?
Pat is hell of gay.
and Philippe and just totally scored Chucklebot's vote.
-
Not all Republicans are against gay marriage, just like not all Democrats are homosexuals - just most of them.
-
Not all Republicans are against gay marriage, just like not all Democrats are homosexuals - just most of them.
It's a losing battle, Jefe. Just like all Democrats want mandatory forced sodomy and satan worship in public schools, all Republicans want the poor to be forced into slavery to manicure their lawns and all gays rounded up and made to fight for their amusement.
-
Well what's wrong with that?
-
I read a wonderful line in Mrs. Miniver last night (which is a terrific book, by the way). Something to the effect of, "Too much talk about the right-wing and the left-wing when what one is interested in is the wishbone."
-
I'm letting the political discussions slide today, since it's kinda on-topic, but don't let me catch you little monkeys bickering or it'll be fifty whacks with a wet noodle for each o' ye.
-
all Republicans want the poor to be forced into slavery to manicure their lawns and all gays rounded up and made to fight for their amusement.
So would this be on Fox or Spike?
-
all Republicans want the poor to be forced into slavery to manicure their lawns and all gays rounded up and made to fight for their amusement.
So would this be on Fox or Spike?
I think you would get better results if gays did the lawn and the homeless brawled. Otherwise you have a shitty looking lawn with a drunk passed out in the middle of it AND you have to watch sissies slap each other.
/homelessphobia
/homophobia
carry on.
-
Three days ago, on the subway, two homeless men fought eachother, literally a foot from where I was standing.
THIS CITY IS COMPLETELY DAMN INSANE.
-
New to New York, Bozak?
-
THIS CITY IS COMPLETELY DAMN INSANE.
Yeah, and ain't it grand?
[/nostalgia]
-
One of my favorite cartoons from the 70's was "The Great Gay Ape"
Gay Ape! Gay Ape!
Wow! The background in that gif is only slightly less repetitive than an actual Hanna-Barbera cartoon!
It's "Building here, building there, building a little more over there" as opposed to "Table, chair, lamp"
Gay marriage is not a threat to marriage. Hot easy chicks are. Yow!
-
New to New York, Bozak?
Ahh, about a year, all in all. I'm actually heading back South for a while.
-
i love the fact that you can tell what pat thinks of same-sex marriages purely by how he is standing.
That, or Pat's inner turmoil regarding his own latent homosexuality is driving him to confrontation anywhere he can find it.
Meanwhile, he sits at home, crying into a bottle of Old Postal Worker, dreaming of the steps of San Francisco City Hall.
He may need to stay off the beach, but all he can hear is the joy of lifting another conch to his ear.
I assumed Pat would be violently against gay marriage to cover his own tendencies. Plus he just seems to be a republican anyway.
But if Pat's a Republican, how come he made Roast Beef rent that Noam Chomsky video that one time? Myself, I bet Pat combines the most annoying political positions from the right and the left and adopts that as his own noxious philosophy.
-
See, I'm thinking Pat doesn't rent out all of his videos- just those he regrets buying in the first place, and only in order to cover the losses of purchasing them. Those he likes? Yeah, he doesn't let them leave the house, period.
-
i love the fact that you can tell what pat thinks of same-sex marriages purely by how he is standing.
That, or Pat's inner turmoil regarding his own latent homosexuality is driving him to confrontation anywhere he can find it.
Meanwhile, he sits at home, crying into a bottle of Old Postal Worker, dreaming of the steps of San Francisco City Hall.
He may need to stay off the beach, but all he can hear is the joy of lifting another conch to his ear.
I assumed Pat would be violently against gay marriage to cover his own tendencies. Plus he just seems to be a republican anyway.
But if Pat's a Republican, how come he made Roast Beef rent that Noam Chomsky video that one time? Myself, I bet Pat combines the most annoying political positions from the right and the left and adopts that as his own noxious philosophy.
That's what I'm screaming. Pat's a true independent with an instinct for the offensive.
-
Yeah, I have to agree with August. I can't see Pat tying himself down to any given party, because the moment any of their opinions disagreed with him, he'd be off like a screaming howler monkey. (No offense to Homosexuals, of course.)
mmmmm, forced sodomy...
-
oh my word
has onstad changed pat's eyebrow's in the top right panel or am i just going insane? i'm sure he looked much more angry before.
my money's still on insane, though.