The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: andalucia on March 01, 2004, 12:45:09 am

Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: andalucia on March 01, 2004, 12:45:09 am
Has the board always done this?  It's the first time I'd encountered it (I usually open all threads with new posts in multiple tabs and reply to them semisimultaneously), and I'm curious as to the purpose...
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: jough on March 01, 2004, 12:48:43 am
It has always done this.

It's flood control to stop machines from posting 10,000,000 posts in 3 seconds.

Seriously, if you're trying to post within 10 seconds of your last post, you're just not thinking through your posts enough.
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: V-Adore on March 01, 2004, 12:51:36 am
I also find it useful to preventing that old "accidentally hitting 'Submit' twice and then having to go back and delete the accidental second post" problem.
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: wombat on March 01, 2004, 12:55:34 am
I've had it happen when I tried to edit a typo immediately.  Which isn't something that would let anyone post 10,000,000 times, is it?

But OK, maybe I should be proofreading my posts more carefully.
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: AugustWest on March 01, 2004, 01:06:34 am
After all, how are we ever going to win the coveted "Best Copy Edited Message Board" Award (a/k/a The Silver Eraser) with such a plethora of typos and grammatical errors.  And don't get me started on run-on sentences!
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: slink on March 01, 2004, 01:07:55 am
Quote from: "wombat"

But OK, maybe I should be proofreading my posts more carefully.


Proogreading?! what the hell is that!?

Goddamn, I tried to screw that up by not looking at the screen while typing, but my ability to visualise typing in my head, kinda screwed it up for me.
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: CortJstr on March 01, 2004, 01:38:15 am
Dammit, and I spent all that time programming a bot to post here and sign up for Yahoo accounts.
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: AugustWest on March 01, 2004, 01:41:33 am
Quote from: "slink"
Proogreading?! what the hell is that!?


I think it involves Anthony Burgess novels.

No wait, that's DROOGreading.  Nevermind.
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: andalucia on March 01, 2004, 04:50:52 am
Hehe.
Title: "You cannot post so soon after your last post"
Post by: jough on March 01, 2004, 05:32:35 am
Then again, for you post-whores, I may set it to only let you post once a day.

THAT'LL MAKE YOU CHOOSE YOUR WORDS MORE CAREFULLY