The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: jough on March 03, 2004, 02:11:47 am
-
Hey kids,
I'm re-designing a web site and have a need to draw a perfect cube, all 3D and stuff.
My problem is that I have no idea how to draw one, other than by hand.
Can anyone recommend an easy programme to use to draw a cube or sphere, etc.? I'd like to be able to shade it with pretty gradient lighting effects, too.
And I need to be able to make it by the end of business tomorrow.
-
Hmmm. Only thing I can think of offhand would be Blender (http://www.blender3d.com). It's fairly easy to use to do something that simple. Simply open it up, hit the space bar with the penis in the main window and select cube, and lights, and set em, before rendering with your chosen settings. If you need any more help with it, if you go that route, gimme a yell tomorrow.
It's all freeware too.
-
Cool, thanks. I downloaded Maya (they offer it for free for non-commercial uses) but it's daunting. I just need to be able to make a wireframe cube, and possibly render it and add simple shading.
I'll give Blender a try.
-
Man, Maya's not daunting. If it was, I wouldn't have an insanely high-paid job with a games company or film studio working on character animation and special effects...
Ah fuck.
Not helped by the fact my book is 2 versions out of date already.
-
I installed Blender but everyting in the UI is *really* tiny. I can't read any of the text and it's hard to press the tiny buttons, so I don't know if it works or not because everything is very very small.
And the version of Maya I downloaded puts a watermark over everything that pretty much completely obscures what you're trying to look at.
I've already uninstalled it. Feh. I was considering buying a copy but then I couldn't even evaluate it because their demo was so obnoxious.
Hell, my client would be paying for it anyway...