The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on March 03, 2004, 10:17:05 am

Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: palm trees on March 03, 2004, 10:17:05 am
:D this is the best thing
the last panel is just my favourite picture of ray ever
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: Ben-San on March 03, 2004, 11:16:25 am
I'm halfway hoping this doesn't become a story arc. Not that I think it would make a bad story arc; I just think that it would be funny to have this with no leadup and no followup.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: starlight on March 03, 2004, 12:07:50 pm
Definitely trippy...
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: andalucia on March 03, 2004, 12:23:08 pm
At least it explains the re-runs...
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2004, 02:14:12 pm
I'm kind of hoping it's a stealth story arc. Like the next few strips are about Todd or Pat or whoever then sometime next week we find out Ray is now CEO or Google or something.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: V-Adore on March 03, 2004, 04:00:40 pm
I sort of enjoy this, but yes, I would enjoy it much more if it just sort of existed and didn't have an arc about it.

Just wait: Ray is going to be a huge business leader, and President Philippe is going to have him sued for antitrust.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: St_Zartan on March 03, 2004, 04:13:52 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: V-Adore on March 03, 2004, 04:26:46 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.

I assumed this wasn't so much "hey, look, the board on which I lurk gave me a GREAT IDEA" as "hey, I appear to be posting a semi-nonsense/semi-inside-joke strip -- maybe I should post supplementary material elsewhere."

Not that I'm entirely praising this development, though. I'd hate to see Achewood turn into one of those "you have to pay for ANYTHING YOU SEE TO MAKE ANY SENSE" strips.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2004, 04:42:27 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip

Huh.
I assumed this wasn't so much "hey, look, the board on which I lurk gave me a GREAT IDEA" as "hey, I appear to be posting a semi-nonsense/semi-inside-joke strip -- maybe I should post supplementary material elsewhere."

Not that I'm entirely praising this development, though. I'd hate to see Achewood turn into one of those "you have to pay for ANYTHING YOU SEE TO MAKE ANY SENSE" strips.


That's not really what the serializer is, though. It's just a screen shot of the strip in progress with lots of little scraps and clips littered around it. Like blank speech bubbles and Pat making faces and stuff.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: ferocious j on March 03, 2004, 07:45:06 pm
It is pretty cool; I've always wondered what a strip in progress looks like.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: palm trees on March 03, 2004, 08:24:22 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.


i think instead of posting comics onstad should send me all his money

(worth a try)
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: arlucasinc on March 03, 2004, 09:23:29 pm
Maybe Ray can get that rap label up and running now. And retool his contract with Sony.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: sailor on March 03, 2004, 10:45:13 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
eeing "the process" would be hell of more interesting than reading a comic i've read 300 times.


Quote from: "Onstad"
Today at Serializer: behind the scenes of today's strip


Huh.


It's not a coincedence. You see, I'm the one who dropped that shoe for Ray to find. While in possession of Lazarus, I became CEO of "the Unique Guy" -fashion for men. Using my wealth and power, I made Onstad do my bidding. As a reward, I conveinently "dropped" Laz in Ray's yard.

Shit, don't you people understand the machinations of the ruling class?
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: V-Adore on March 04, 2004, 03:20:02 am
Well, fair enough. I had assumed the Serializer content involved some sort of explanation as to why we were getting a strip about a magical loafer named Lazarus. Strips-in-progress are also neat, but, well...
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: jay-ell on March 04, 2004, 03:29:58 am
Isn't Lazarus the name of an actual brand of shoe?  Or am I thinking of the (now-defunct) department store?
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: AugustWest on March 04, 2004, 03:39:07 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
Isn't Lazarus the name of an actual brand of shoe?  Or am I thinking of the (now-defunct) department store?


Our Lazarus isn't defunct.  It's just been renamed Lazarus-Macy's.
Title: I AM LAZARUS - 03 March
Post by: CortJstr on March 04, 2004, 03:42:52 am
I had never heard of any of this. I was shocked that when one googles Lazarus that Macy's was higher on the list than any reference to the biblical person. And shockingly few mention of Batman: The Animated Series.