The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 05, 2004, 04:40:22 am

Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: pmcd9 on March 05, 2004, 04:40:22 am
Can I get a shout out for this album?  It's Ronnie James Dio's finest moment and damn near Richie Blackmore's too.  I saw a latter day version of Rainbow perform, but this band (the same that made Rainbow Rising) was the band that really did it.  I was fortunate to see Cozy Powell pound the skins for Brian May some 10 years ago.  He's one of the greats and it really sucks that he's dead.

~Paul
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 04:25:56 am
No one in here digs Richie Blackmore, that's fucked up.

~Paul
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: slink on March 06, 2004, 04:40:45 am
Who?
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: Mite on March 06, 2004, 04:41:33 am
Yeah, well you don't like Jasper Ffonde, so ppphhhhhbbbbtttt.
 :D
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: Limmo on March 06, 2004, 04:42:02 am
I dig Ritchie Blackmore, to a limited degree.  He's an excellent guitarist, but I can't stand Ian Gillan's voice, so there's only about 3 Purple tunes floating around here.  Rainbow never appealed to me for some reason, even though I love Dio-era Sabbath.  OK, I take that back - God help me, I still look back fondly on some of the Joe Lynn Turner red leather jacket era.  

But now that he's turned into a guy whose license plate says RENFAIR (http://blackmoresnight.com/photos/promo/001.htm), give break please.

ETA: wow, now that was a cluster posting.
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 04:58:00 am
Quote from: "slink"
Who?


C'mon slink, you're the moderator of this forum and you don't know who Richie Blackmore is?  That's embarrasing.

~Paul
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 04:59:39 am
Quote from: "Mite"
Yeah, well you don't like Jasper Ffonde, so ppphhhhhbbbbtttt.
 :D


Well I might, but there was really nothing there to recommend him.  A Dodo that goes plock, what the hell does that even mean?

Sorry all, i'm in a really cranky mood.

~Paul
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 05:02:56 am
Quote from: "Limmo"
But now that he's turned into a guy whose license plate says RENFAIR (http://blackmoresnight.com/photos/promo/001.htm), give break please.


You should give him a break, he's an old man.  Funny though as I was listening today I was thinking this shit rocks like a m/f, but these lyrics are straight up renfair.

~Paul
Title: Rainbow On Stage
Post by: slink on March 06, 2004, 05:57:13 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"

C'mon slink, you're the moderator of this forum and you don't know who Richie Blackmore is?  That's embarrasing.

~Paul


Well, I could go find out, but the name put me off - Rainbow that is.
Dio-era Sabbath also puts me off (I could only stand early Sabbath).
While I listen to a fair amount of old music, though I hate to call it old, since it's just music goddamnit, I don't have the same amount of knowledge of band members for some of the bands I only listen to the odd bit by, as for newer bands. And there are very few newer bands that I like as much as pre 90's stuff.