The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on March 05, 2004, 11:24:55 am

Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: wombat on March 05, 2004, 11:24:55 am
I hate it when that happens.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Mite on March 05, 2004, 11:30:37 am
I'm so using the line from the last panel the next time I've got a hangover.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: starlight on March 05, 2004, 12:27:29 pm
Wow, that shoe's quite a bugger, yo
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 05, 2004, 01:55:20 pm
You'd think with all his piano money Ray could afford a blanket that covers his whole body.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 05, 2004, 03:22:08 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
You'd think with all his piano money Ray could afford a blanket that covers his whole body.

See, the point is that, even with all of his money and his fancy electronics, Ray personally lives in squalor -- the squalor of his soul. It is a METAPHOR.

Either that or he's waking up in a cheap hotel.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 05, 2004, 03:37:04 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Either that or he's waking up in a cheap hotel.


Yep, that's what he METAPHOR!

Ba-dump-bump!
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 05, 2004, 03:46:31 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Either that or he's waking up in a cheap hotel.


Yep, that's what he METAPHOR!

Ba-dump-bump!


That sounds suspiciously like a pun. You're gonna get ba-anned. You're gonna get ba-anned.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 05, 2004, 04:54:03 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I found it a little odd that Lazarus was still on Ray's foot, even in bed.  Of course, the Old Windmill probably aided in that decision process.  Props to V's 'squalor' metaphor, though I prefer the term 'seedy'.


That's because Lazarus is some kind of symbiote and its bonding to Ray. It needs to be on his foot to absorb various EM impulses and thermal energy from him in order to survive. Kind of like Venom or a babelgiraffe but with more business sense.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 05, 2004, 05:01:27 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
That's because Lazarus is some kind of symbiote and its bonding to Ray. It needs to be on his foot to absorb various EM impulses and thermal energy from him in order to survive. Kind of like Venom or a babelgiraffe but with more business sense.


Does this mean Ray will have to lop off his own foot to be rid of the shoe?
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Ben-San on March 05, 2004, 05:36:12 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Does this mean Ray will have to lop off his own foot to be rid of the shoe?


It will probably suffice to set up a mannequin coyly out of sight with a bare foot sticking out and a little speaker hooked up to a microphone, and have Mr. Bear man the microphone saying things like "If only I truly, TRULY comprehended the repercussions of the Federal Reserve Board's decisions, I could finally conquer the world and show those fools at Harvard Business School who the true genius is!" while, at the same time, Ray practices belching his greatest hits through a mouthful of tequila. Something to that general effect would probably lure Lazarus off Ray's foot.
(It was not my intention to begin with a run-on sentence. It just sort of happened.)
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 05, 2004, 06:07:29 pm
Good Lord!  Have we descended to writing Achewood Fanfic?  May God have mercy on our souls.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: slink on March 05, 2004, 06:29:29 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

Does this mean Ray will have to lop off his own foot to be rid of the shoe?


Nah, sounds like he's gonna piss Lazarus off enough that the shoe leaves him of it's own accord.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: wombat on March 05, 2004, 06:36:51 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Good Lord!  Have we descended to writing Achewood Fanfic?  May God have mercy on our souls.


Well it probably had to happen sometime.  Can we just agree to keep the stories where Ray and Roast Beef have sex in a clearly warning-labelled separate thread?
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 05, 2004, 06:46:37 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

Does this mean Ray will have to lop off his own foot to be rid of the shoe?


Nah, sounds like he's gonna piss Lazarus off enough that the shoe leaves him of it's own accord.


Ah. Kind of like how Tick and Arthur managed to survive their encounter with the Red Eye.

Quote from: "wombat"
Can we just agree to keep the stories where Ray and Roast Beef have sex in a clearly warning-labelled separate thread?

If we descend into slash fiction I think Jough will kill the board, wipe the server, shred the HDs, and salt the earth.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: ferocious j on March 05, 2004, 07:39:34 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
If we descend into slash fiction I think Jough will kill the board, wipe the server, shred the HDs, and salt the earth.

It's the only way to be sure.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jough on March 05, 2004, 07:49:32 pm
I would've called the thread "stage one retinal failure."
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: wombat on March 05, 2004, 07:57:11 pm
Jough doesn't like my thread titles *sniff*.  I guess this means it's all over between us?  I knew I shouldn't have been such a tease about the steam tunnels.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: sailor on March 05, 2004, 11:26:51 pm
Did anyone else think that this strip looks like Onstad did't draw it. dude needs to quit with this camera angle experimentation.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 05, 2004, 11:34:16 pm
If at any point anyone posts slash here, I'll help Jough with the ritual purging. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN.

(Yeah, I used to be a Lord of the Rings fangirl. Never again will I have a fandom sullied! ... picture me with fire in my eyes, shaking a fist at the cruel world, and this sounds a whole lot better.)
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Mite on March 06, 2004, 01:27:01 am
Quote from: "sailor"
Did anyone else think that this strip looks like Onstad did't draw it. dude needs to quit with this camera angle experimentation.

I didn't notice it at the ass-crack of dawn when I first read the thing, but on second glance, Ray's face looks hell of decrepit. And not just from the booze.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 06, 2004, 02:06:25 am
I just wrote it off as a bad angle. To keep Ray's face and the shoe in the shot he should've kept Ray's face to the side like in panel 5 or it's opposite the whole time. Looking at the bottom of his head like that is just wrong.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: slink on March 06, 2004, 02:33:13 am
I actually liked the angle and what it did to Ray's face.
Something about it. Don't know what.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 06, 2004, 03:37:06 am
I also wondered if this was a guest strip.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Choop on March 06, 2004, 04:17:10 am
Man, you KNOW guest artists can't remember what happens from one strip to the next!

We TALKED about this! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05122003)


(UMPH)
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Mantonio on March 06, 2004, 06:14:11 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I found it a little odd that Lazarus was still on Ray's foot, even in bed.  Of course, the Old Windmill probably aided in that decision process.


Ray also neglected to remove his glasses.  Did the Old Windmill aid in that decision process as well?  I know I've been drunk - I mean whole bottle of Johnny Walker Red + 3/4 bottle of Courvosier + x number of beers + some screwdrivers, but that's never caused me to wear my glasses to bed.  

Oh, and the greatest line in this strip? - Old Windmill is tasty!
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 06:24:27 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I know I've been drunk - I mean whole bottle of Johnny Walker Red + 3/4 bottle of Courvosier + x number of beers + some screwdrivers, but that's never caused me to wear my glasses to bed.


Why do people like to brag that they nearly poisoned themselves to death.

~Paul
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Mite on March 06, 2004, 06:38:13 pm
Heck - I fall asleep with my glasses on sometimes even without the benefit of booze. That's what happens when you're too blind to see a book even when it's 6 inches in front of your face.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 06, 2004, 06:56:30 pm
Quote from: "Mite"
Heck - I fall asleep with my glasses on sometimes even without the benefit of booze. That's what happens when you're too blind to see a book even when it's 6 inches in front of your face.


Can I get a w00t from my doggz who can't even read the E on the eye chart?

W00t!
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 06, 2004, 07:06:24 pm
Ahem.  (Glasses since age 3 and fallen asleep in them regularly, both booze and non-booze related.)

WOOT!
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 07:18:43 pm
I just love women who wear glasses.  I have a huge crush on Brett Somers.

~Paul
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 06, 2004, 07:43:07 pm
You're a very sick man, Paul.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jough on March 06, 2004, 08:12:11 pm
August, you've had glasses since you were 3?  That's hardcore, bro.

I've had mine since I was seven, and when I was trying on the frames in the store I totally freaked out because I figured I'd look like a geek.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 08:20:29 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I've had mine (glasses) since I was seven, and when I was trying on the frames in the store I totally freaked out because I figured I'd look like a geek.


It's true.  Hey I found a recent picture of Jough.

(http://www.playbill.com/images/photos/reilly.jpg)
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jough on March 06, 2004, 08:34:14 pm
Even more recent:

(http://www.enzogiobbe.com/celebs/Peter_Bogdonovich2.jpg)
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 06, 2004, 09:27:22 pm
I've fallen asleep with glasses on in entirely non-alcoholic contexts -- mostly because, as mentioned, reading in bed is hard without them when you're hardcore astigmatic/myopic, as I am.

(Been in 'em since 4, personally. And, having seen pictures, I did look like a total dork.)
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 06, 2004, 09:37:42 pm
Quote from: "jough"
August, you've had glasses since you were 3?  That's hardcore, bro.



It's true.  My Dad's cousin is married to an opthalomolgist (sp?).  They were at our has one day and noticed a portrait of me.  He diagnosed me with a weak eye muscle from the portrait.

I put 'em on when I get out of the shower in the morning and take 'em off just before I fall asleep (usually).  They're part of my head.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Mite on March 06, 2004, 09:46:44 pm
I started to need 'em when I was about 4, but my parents didn't believe me. I'd always wanted glasses (everyone in my family has them), so my folks thought I was just being sneaky. Then, when we got our eyes checked in 1st grade, my eyes were so bad the eye doctor all but accused my mom of neglect.

And oh *man* did I look like a dork. It was about 1986, so I was a tiny, tiny girl with huge-ass glasses. I looked like a 5 year old version of Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 06, 2004, 09:47:05 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I put 'em on when I get out of the shower in the morning and take 'em off just before I fall asleep (usually).  They're part of my head.


So you don't wear glasses between the bed and the shower? That would be quite difficult for me. Plus how would I read on the toilet?

I at least got to take them off while wrestling. My friend had to keep his contacts in or he couldn't see the other guy a whole .25" from his face.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2004, 09:58:06 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So you don't wear glasses between the bed and the shower? That would be quite difficult for me. Plus how would I read on the toilet?


I read this post without glasses, but I wouldn't have to lean in and/or squint so much if I had 'em on.

~Paul<---In Glasses since age 35
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 07, 2004, 02:12:57 am
I don't think I could deal with contacts, either, especially given that I have basically no memories or self-image constructed from before I wore glasses. I doubt I would recognize myself.

Besides, putting a little piece of plastic directly on my eye = bad for no-fine-motor-skills V.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2004, 02:36:52 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Plus how would I read on the toilet?



It's odd.  As I age it's becoming easier for me to read without my glasses.  First step towards -- <GASP> -- bifocals.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2004, 02:40:17 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I don't think I could deal with contacts, either, especially given that I have basically no memories or self-image constructed from before I wore glasses. I doubt I would recognize myself.

Besides, putting a little piece of plastic directly on my eye = bad for no-fine-motor-skills V.


I tried contacts for about 6 months 20 years ago.  Way too high-maintenance for slobby me.  Also, the whole poking myself in the eye thing was an issue.

The glasses are a part of my self image.  I could afford to have the LASIK (or whatever acronym we've reached now) because I've got a reserve account from work that would pay for it.  But I just don't want to.  I wouldn't feel quite like myself.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2004, 03:37:05 am
I'm too squeemish for surgery. I could only even consider it if I was completely out. But you have to be all away and staring up while they cut your eye. That is so wrong.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jay-ell on March 07, 2004, 04:44:11 am
W00t!  

I got glasses when I was 8, contacts at 14.  I still wear my contacts for special things -- big fancy dates and such -- but I wear my glasses for everyday.  First, I see better in them -- astigmatism, you know -- and second, like August, they're a part of my personality.  When I wear my contacts, it's because I'm playing a role.  My glasses are kind of my shield from the outside world -- I like my new frames because they're heavier and easier to hide behind.  Pedro wants me to get refractive surgery, but I'm hesitant because, basically, I fear change.  Not having to put on my glasses in order to make it from the bed to the bathroom would be a major lifestyle change.  My 20/20 husband with perfectly straight teeth just doesn't get it.  

He is, however, red/green colorblind.  I asked him once if he'd have surgery if it could give him the ability to see color like everyone else.  He said that he absolutely would.  I don't get that.  I mean, in the springtime, when the grass is greenest, he says it looks like the ground is on fire.  What could be cooler than that?  

Oh, yeah.  Not being a mutant.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jough on March 07, 2004, 04:54:24 am
I've never worn contacts, and am far beyond being able to now.

I put my glasses on my desk (it's low and within arm's reach of my bed) when I go to sleep, and pick them up and put them on before I even leave the bed.

I take them off pretty much only to sleep and shower.  They're pretty much always dirty, even five minutes after I've just cleaned them.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2004, 04:55:49 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
 I mean, in the springtime, when the grass is greenest, he says it looks like the ground is on fire.  What could be cooler than that?  



This is like my favorite thing.  The vibrant, explosive green of the grass in early spring.  I love it and this explains a lot about why I live where I do.  When I get my money, I'm buying a digital camera and I'll post pictures of where I live.

Mrs. West and I were just talking about this very thing earlier today.  Thursday everything was still brown and grey.  Suddenly POW on Friday there are flashes of green everywhere.  We have crocuses.  The forsythia will be blooming soon.  I can plant lettuce as soon as it dries up a little.  There'll be big-ass thunderstorms soon.

I love this time of year.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2004, 05:04:35 am
Quote from: "jough"
I've never worn contacts, and am far beyond being able to now.

I put my glasses on my desk (it's low and within arm's reach of my bed) when I go to sleep, and pick them up and put them on before I even leave the bed.

I take them off pretty much only to sleep and shower.  They're pretty much always dirty, even five minutes after I've just cleaned them.


You clean your classes?
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Choop on March 07, 2004, 05:10:52 am
In glasses since 9th grade (12? 13?) and first got contacts at 17, for acting. Except for the past month or so, I tend to alternate between the two daily. I got a new set of frameless specs, so it's not so big an issue with me. The reason I prefer contacts is that I'd rather others not consider them part of my face - plus, my eyelashes are long enough to rub against the lenses. Contacts are a good way to let people know that, Hey- I'm not just a pair of glasses, plus they more accurately reflect perspective, since they don't shift your percieved focal point out to in front of your face like glasses do.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Choop on March 07, 2004, 05:11:47 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
You clean your classes?


I have a special shammy (chamois?) for mine.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 07, 2004, 05:22:45 am
See, were I a sociologist, I'd be desperately tempted to see if the correlation suggested on this thread between older age of first receiving glasses and higher tendency towards contact usage actually held.

My optometrist was recommending contacts for me for a while, mostly because my prescription is so high that my lenses are getting really hella thick. However, I'm almost certain that astigmatism makes contact lenses suboptimal, and astigmatism is something I have rather too much of.

I have a glasses chamois around here somewhere, but I don't know where it is, so it's shirt edges for me.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jay-ell on March 07, 2004, 05:25:22 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
my eyelashes are long enough to rub against the lenses.


Figures.  Men always get the good eyelashes.  


Quote from: "CortJstr"
You clean your [g]lasses?


Some of us are neurotic that way.  That, and we like to actually, ya know, see.  

I have to clean mine daily, because I get nose prints on the outsides every time Pedro kisses me.  I guess I kind of like that.  Especially when he kisses me outside in cold weather and my glasses get all foggy.  It just might be the most adorable thing in the universe.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2004, 05:40:20 am
I find that one of the (few) benefits to wearing a tie is that it can be used as a handy, lint-free lens polishing cloth.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: slink on March 07, 2004, 05:56:40 am
Quote from: "jldunston"

Figures.  Men always get the good eyelashes.  


All my girlfriends bitch at me about that (that is SO's and non). And I too have the problem with them touching the lenses which feels horrible.
I really shoudl wear glasses since I am quite long sighted, and both my eyes are scarily different (people putting on my glasses always want to throw up immediately). But I haven't bothered to get new lenses in ages.
Costs money you know!
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2004, 06:44:42 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"

When I get my money, I'm buying a digital camera and I'll post pictures of where I live.


August won.  Congratulations, but I thought it was decided to keep this information secret.  Wait, am I the only one that didn't know this?

~Paul
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jough on March 07, 2004, 07:25:44 am
I think we all suspected.

Of course, he could be talking about his tax refund.

Or the money he's been embezzling from the gov't.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2004, 07:29:23 am
Quote from: "jough"
I think we all suspected.

Of course, he could be talking about his tax refund.

Or the money he's been embezzling from the gov't.


I'll be e-filing tomorrow night.  My refund should be here in 10 days or so.  What did you think I was talking about?
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2004, 08:48:08 am
Quote from: "jough"
I think we all suspected.


Well YEAH, but now all the suspense is gone.  I guess now the only question we have to wait til April to discover is how much.

Say August, what camera have you got your eye on?

~Paul
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2004, 03:57:07 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
My optometrist was recommending contacts for me for a while, mostly because my prescription is so high that my lenses are getting really hella thick.


For the  same reason my doctor tells me to get the smallest frames I can. It makes the lenses seem thinner since so much is cut off.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: Choop on March 07, 2004, 04:07:04 pm
I've got worse astigmatism than near-sightedness, and I'm still able to see with contacts. However, I'll never be a candidate for any eye surgery because my pupils are ridiculously big-- too close to where they usually do the slice-em' dice-em'.

I know I'm making myself out to look like some sort of Anime creation, but rest assured my proportions are all correct, except for my eyelashes and pupils.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 07, 2004, 05:31:58 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
My optometrist was recommending contacts for me for a while, mostly because my prescription is so high that my lenses are getting really hella thick.


For the  same reason my doctor tells me to get the smallest frames I can. It makes the lenses seem thinner since so much is cut off.

Yep, doing that too. And they're still coke-bottles... admittedly, not as badly as they were when I was still in plastic frames, so every little bit helps.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: jough on March 07, 2004, 07:34:10 pm
I guess I'm weird - I prefer a wide field of vision to a less-nerdy appearance.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: slink on March 07, 2004, 08:14:18 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I guess I'm weird - I prefer a wide field of vision to a less-nerdy appearance.


Which in itself is nerdy enough!
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: CortJstr on March 08, 2004, 05:47:40 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I've got worse astigmatism than near-sightedness, and I'm still able to see with contacts. However, I'll never be a candidate for any eye surgery because my pupils are ridiculously big-- too close to where they usually do the slice-em' dice-em'.


Good to know. Every doctor I see remarks I have the biggest pupils they've ever seen.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: slink on March 08, 2004, 04:19:22 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Good to know. Every doctor I see remarks I have the biggest pupils they've ever seen.


Likewise. Well not doctors, but everyone always asks me whether I'm stoned. Which, well...
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AugustWest on March 08, 2004, 04:28:44 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Good to know. Every doctor I see remarks I have the biggest pupils they've ever seen.


They say that to me too.  But that's just because I'm a teacher at the Marlon Brando School for the Absurdly Obese.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 08, 2004, 09:28:07 pm
Between the ages of roughly 0 and 13, I was unable to go to a doctor's appointment* without the doctor exclaiming that I had big tonsils. Absolutely huge tonsils.

They're still there, but I guess the rest of the world caught up in tonsil size and now I have nothing to write home about.

* Aside from the eye doctor, who had no reason to ever see my tonsils.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: V-Adore on March 08, 2004, 10:05:23 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

Last Doctor guy visit on the 'go ahhhh' check he said they "Wobble like dashboard hula girls" .

I was a little underwhelmed by his choice of non-medical descriptive terminology.

Wow, that is terrifying. I will endeavor entirely not to think about it anymore. Scary.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: andalucia on March 08, 2004, 11:03:39 pm
I think you should be pleased that you have such Ironic Retro Throat Accoutrements.
Title: The cat is having an argument with his powerful shoe 3/5/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2004, 05:15:29 am
I wanna know if his uvula goes like the tail on a felix the cat clock...