The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on March 05, 2004, 07:51:48 pm

Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: jough on March 05, 2004, 07:51:48 pm
No mention of these?  Has anyone tried them yet?

I think they look really snazzy, even if I would never actually use them on my PC.
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: CortJstr on March 05, 2004, 08:27:54 pm
I'm not big on changing icons. I don't usually have others on my machine but I like to keep things lean and findable. So the icons would normally only show up as little tiny shortcuts.

And why is Ray in the hat?
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: misterhaan on March 05, 2004, 09:12:52 pm
i too think they look good, but what the crap am i going to use them for?  well nothing -- that's what.  so they will just sit in my icons directory until the end of time or something.
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 05, 2004, 09:16:52 pm
I just installed Homestar Runner icons a couple weeks ago.  So I'll have to give it some time before Beef becomes My Documents.
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: misterhaan on March 05, 2004, 09:47:58 pm
anyone else notice that there's a desktop.ini and a thumbs.db file in the zip?

thumbs.db adds a useless 11k, and the desktop.ini tells us that whoever made the zip file used the todd's van icon for this directory, which was on his desktop under sandbox\ache_icons\achewood_icons\

just found that interesting . . .
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: slink on March 05, 2004, 09:53:34 pm
You mean anyone here uses XP?
Woah!

I can't see me using any of them either funnily enough but then I never usually use specialised icons anyway. Too erm, un-utilitarian for me.
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: St_Zartan on March 06, 2004, 06:48:22 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
And why is Ray in the hat?


EVERYONE likes to see a man in a "Handsome Pork Pie Hat."
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: conure on March 06, 2004, 09:41:25 am
They look good as pics, but icons that look at you are creepy no matter who. Hmm, not fer me.
Title: Achewood Icons for XP
Post by: doomglobe on March 06, 2004, 05:12:23 pm
basically I think they are okay, I sometimes need a unique icon to mark a shortcut to a directory that I use alot, so I dont have like fifty little folder icons marking the directory I am using to store information about all the projects I am working on.  But when I finish a project or a client runs out of money, I archive the folder and stop using a shortcut (my quicklaunch bar is already wrapped 3 times across my 1600x1440 res screen) and I dont like to reuse icons like that because they dont do any good if I cant remember what they are for. so probably they are gonna be good for a few months, and then one by one filter into disuse.