The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on March 09, 2004, 07:34:07 am

Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: jough on March 09, 2004, 07:34:07 am
Just put your arm around it and call it "Timmy."

Lovely.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: palm trees on March 09, 2004, 10:46:57 am
:( i don't want philippe to become a hard-nosed rightwinger. hard-nosed rightwingers don't do hugs. or special friends. then again, maybe he'll get elected with his new politics and cash flow, then use his presidential powers for love instead of evil.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: andalucia on March 09, 2004, 11:30:42 am
I suppose that could happen... but I worry, oh I how I worry.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: slink on March 09, 2004, 12:33:50 pm
Stunnning.

Now i'm crawling back to bed. I feel terminally ill. So Phillipe will be by shortl to call me Timmy.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: Steve Hogan on March 09, 2004, 02:01:39 pm
HAPPINESS IS A WARM STEM CELL!

(http://www.cc.nctu.edu.tw/~achin/stem%20cell.jpg)
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: conure on March 09, 2004, 02:31:55 pm
I lurve Ray's powerful new golf game. Truly a natural man...
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 09, 2004, 03:21:56 pm
Freakin' Republican shoe!  Piss off!
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: V-Adore on March 09, 2004, 03:58:20 pm
See, am I the only one thinking that it was inevitable that the two arcs which would have both done best as a single gag strip were inevitably going to intersect?

I dunno. I just suspect that Lazarus is swiftly wearing out his welcome with me.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: Bozack on March 09, 2004, 04:55:33 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I dunno. I just suspect that Lazarus is swiftly wearing out his welcome with me.

giraffe and imaginary magic shoes stink after three days- The Notorious F.R.A.N.K.L.I.N.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: CortJstr on March 09, 2004, 05:36:34 pm
How will Beef react to this development? Will he fight the powers of Ray or resign as campaign manager?

And what's the deal with the maakies link?
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2004, 06:15:16 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
The difference being Barry Bass was dumped after the third day while Lazarus has stayed on.


Lazarus has proved he can stay on a cat paw for a long time; if the shoe got flushed Barry could get it on his fin and use his new-found business powers to have his revenge. What fun.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: palm trees on March 10, 2004, 04:51:21 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
See, am I the only one thinking that it was inevitable that the two arcs which would have both done best as a single gag strip were inevitably going to intersect?

I dunno. I just suspect that Lazarus is swiftly wearing out his welcome with me.


gahhh. you know that phillipe running for president with this kind of backing could reulst in some sort of insane underworld-US takeover by a primary scool otter and that it could seriously rupture the underworld country, and make it an insane place.

but then, i've been hitting the vodka pretty hard. respect, everyone.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: AugustWest on March 10, 2004, 04:58:34 am
Quote from: "palm trees"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
See, am I the only one thinking that it was inevitable that the two arcs which would have both done best as a single gag strip were inevitably going to intersect?

I dunno. I just suspect that Lazarus is swiftly wearing out his welcome with me.


gahhh. you know that phillipe running for president with this kind of backing could reulst in some sort of insane underworld-US takeover by a primary scool otter and that it could seriously rupture the underworld country, and make it an insane place.

but then, i've been hitting the vodka pretty hard. respect, everyone.


Naw, you're pulling my leg!

I'm drinkin' rum tonight...
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 10, 2004, 06:05:57 am
Just because Lazarus is ruthless, does that mean he's conservative? He may see the business potential in stem cell research. I'm just sayin'.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: sailor on March 10, 2004, 08:45:13 am
ok , 1st panel, Ray seems to be floating about four inches off the green or so, no?

maybe i'm not aware of complex golf shadows.

or, maybe i'm just too drunk and observant.
that is so not a word, you DICK
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: jough on March 10, 2004, 06:42:55 pm
I think that's the divot Ray just cut, not the shadow of his shoe.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: sailor on March 10, 2004, 10:14:22 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I think that's the divot Ray just cut, not the shadow of his shoe.


Well listen to you Mr. Learning Head! Maybe YOU oughta run for office!
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: wombat on March 10, 2004, 11:38:27 pm
Why not?  Messageboard-tyrant is probably just as relevant (or irrelevant) experience for being president as being governor of a state.  In fact I'll bet Jough's already got a foreign policy.

If you win can I be Secretary of the Interior? I don't really understand what it is but I know it sometimes has something to do with wild animals.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: Mite on March 11, 2004, 12:12:41 am
I totally call head of the NSA. Or maybe chairman of the joint chiefs of staff? Or a SCOTUS appointee? Where would be best to wield massive power with little to no public accountability?

Wow, it's tough to type with one hand asleep.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: jough on March 11, 2004, 12:27:45 am
Unfortunately, I cannot run for president YET, as I am not 35 years of age.

But I suppose it's never too early to start the "Dempsey 2008" campaign.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: CortJstr on March 11, 2004, 12:51:28 am
Quote from: "jough"
Unfortunately, I cannot run for president YET, as I am not 35 years of age.

But I suppose it's never too early to start the "Dempsey 2008" campaign.


May God have mercy on us all.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2004, 02:53:13 am
Dibs on Toastmaster General!

Oooo, or do I want to be Secretary of the Inferior?
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: jough on March 11, 2004, 07:39:30 am
I'm still picking out several first ladies.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2004, 11:21:54 am
I'd settle for second or third lady.  Probably just as well, spend less time standing around at vacuous events wearing a fixed unnatural smile and an ugly pastel dress.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: jay-ell on March 11, 2004, 04:27:22 pm
Ooooh, oooh!  Dibsies on Chief of Staff!  

And Wombat, I'm surprised you didn't call First Lady ;)

[Edit: Dammit, I did that thing again where I replied *before* reading the second page.  It wouldn't matter so much if I didn't always make the most obvious joke...]
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: CortJstr on March 11, 2004, 05:19:51 pm
I wouldn't mind a high ranking position in the FCC. Then TV will get really fun. Goodbye shit-sucking "family hour"!
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: Limmo on March 11, 2004, 07:25:20 pm
I insist upon being made Secretary of Led Zeppelin Bootlegs.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on March 11, 2004, 08:20:12 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I totally read that as CHEF of staff at first.


I summon IRON CHEF OF STAFF (http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/card-bio.html)!

Allez bourgeoisie!
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: miles on March 16, 2004, 01:14:21 am
Well, I am just getting caught up on the message board.

What I really love about this strip is that it's totally the kind of conversation you'd expect from two important, powerful, rich and politically influential businessmen.  But, it's taking place between a thong wearing cat standing on two legs while golfing and his shoe.  His only shoe.  A talking shoe.

Favorite line: "Don't talk during my swing."  It fits so perfectly.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 16, 2004, 03:33:21 am
Quote from: "jough"
I'm still picking out several first ladies.


While you're busy on that front, I want to be the Drug Sultan. Fuck drug czars. Sultans are where it's at.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: andalucia on March 16, 2004, 02:32:20 pm
I think I'll go for Comically Inept Mad Scientist.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: slink on March 16, 2004, 05:26:25 pm
If the Drug Sultan needs a drug tester, i.e. minimal effort, lots of drugs.
Let me rephrase that actually, since I've grown up...
If the Drug Sultan needs a pot tester...

Maybe a whiskey tester for the President himself too.

Yea. Whiskey, pot and food testing.

Oh yea.

If it had to be serious I'd have to be like, the Minister for Music or some shit. Maybe Minister for Internal Conflict to try and keep the rest of the world out of harm.
Title: Lazarus's Politics - 9 March 2004
Post by: andalucia on March 16, 2004, 06:26:51 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Yea. Whiskey, pot and food testing.


Damn.  Reëvaluating my choice of role.  Perhaps I could be the Tim-Leary-kind of Mad Scientist.  Yes, that'd do.