The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on March 12, 2004, 10:08:01 am

Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: palm trees on March 12, 2004, 10:08:01 am
bing-bang, one-two. punchline set up, exectuted.
it made me chuckle, although it's clearly just setting up a final awesome powerful deep shoe showdown (shoedown?). rock.
Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: CortJstr on March 12, 2004, 02:03:23 pm
I hate it when peopel say "on accident."

That is all.
Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: jay-ell on March 12, 2004, 02:17:47 pm
Oh, man, do I hate that.  So annoying.  

I love how Lazarus is totally the most passive-agressive shoe ever.  All pretending to be just like his dad, but secretly hating him.  

All pushing a right-wing agenda.  

All symbiotically linking himself with an idiot playa cat.
Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: V-Adore on March 12, 2004, 03:15:50 pm
At first I thought that Ray totally eating half the piece of paper was a sign of his being woozy from pseudo-possession by Lazarus, but then I realized it was really just Ray.

GUYS LIKE BACH USED TO DO STUFF LIKE THIS, MAN (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09272002)
Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: Bozack on March 12, 2004, 03:44:40 pm
Ha, I actually really liked this one, just because of the whole juxtaposition of "deep shoes/silly cat."
OR MAYBE I LIKES IT WHEN THE AMINALS TALK, GEORGE.
Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: sailor on March 12, 2004, 10:57:10 pm
very happy this storyline will be ending soon, evem if this is the funniest strip in it so far.
Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: andalucia on March 12, 2004, 11:29:16 pm
Ee.  Agreed.
Title: about half this piece of paper - mar 12
Post by: V-Adore on March 13, 2004, 12:01:14 am
I hold out hope for a pleasant denouement, especially once Lazarus and Leopold's father shows up. I picture his deathbed being a sad, dilapidated shoebox, still filled with the tissue-paper detritus of the family's genesis.

Then again, this really should have stopped after the first strip. Give us Lazarus, and then Ray tripping out, and never refer to it again. Comedy gold!