The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: doomglobe on August 06, 2003, 12:59:58 am
-
and continues to be awesome. He is like a cross between james bond and harry potter and the hardy boys. HOLY SHIZZLEMCFIZZLEOOPYDOOPYPIZZLE!
-
I only moderately enjoy the Nate Small stuff. I enjoyed this week's more than usual, though. The description of the message tubes was rockin'.
-
I continue not to subscribe to serializer, and *may* start if I hear there are COMICS being posted again.
If I want to read the Hardy Boys, I'll read the fuck*ng Hardy Boys.
Onstad is no Franklin W. Dixon, that's for sure.
-- Jough
-
how can you be sure if you dont read it? I think, from the small sample of Onstad's serious writing I have seen, that this story will achieve a much better climax than any hardy boys novel, although ther is no way to tell if Onstad will be able to create a good ending, or hold on to the suspense for long enough to really make it work as more than just a short story. Even the best authors often have trouble with endings.
-
Well, saying that Onstad is "no Franklin W. Dixon" is pretty easy, because FWD was fictitious. He was the fake name they put on the Hardy Boys novels - most of which were written by one of like, fifteen different people.
I don't think Onstad's a committee.
But you're right, I won't know until I read it. And I won't read it until it's finished. So I guess I could be waiting many, many weeks.
Which is fine.
-
I also feel it's best when I can't really afford it to wait til theres loads to get and then read it all in one go in a while. I have all of Drew Weing's Pup to read there too. Well most of, I tend to manage to read the new ones as they're posted since he does the current one for free.
-
Nate Small is not 256 times as colorful! And I believe we were promised Little Nephew and Vlad. (Which reminds me, did the cops ever notice Pat escaped and start, I dunno, looking for him?)
I guess I haven't really given NS a chance just because I don't find the idea that appealing, even the way Beef describes it.
-
(Which reminds me, did the cops ever notice Pat escaped and start, I dunno, looking for him?)
Well, I guess that's why Pat has not been around for ages. He and Nice Pete are away laying low til the heat is all off and shit.
-
Well, saying that Onstad is "no Franklin W. Dixon" is pretty easy, because FWD was fictitious. He was the fake name they put on the Hardy Boys novels - most of which were written by one of like, fifteen different people.
I don't think Onstad's a committee.
The author's name is J. John Carroway, except I am pretty sure that it was written by a large group of authors under that pen name.
the second quote is taken from one of the serializer strips before the nate small series began. There are other types of comics in the onstads serializer space besides nate small, and there are also a ton of really good other comics, for those of you who like comics in general and not just achewood.
ps. I am totally playing zork again, thanks to jough, he totally rocks.
-
The Serializer when Beef and Showbiz are kids is dope. Also, Gorilla sex videos and Teodor's stand-up routine. You may secretly think that by not subscribing and waiting you are cheating Onstad, but you are really only cheating yourself.
Damn, just pay the three bucks once every few months. If you don't every week you'll think "ahhh, one more week and each individual comic will cost me a penny less" and you'll never subscribe.