The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on March 15, 2004, 08:48:34 am

Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: jough on March 15, 2004, 08:48:34 am
Even I don't know what the hell Ray's saying in panel 2.

And V-Adore, so help me, if you're posting about this new strip right now there will be a paddling!
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: slink on March 15, 2004, 09:15:28 am
Wow. That is stunning.
I love Ray's little internal dialogue as he seems to think he's invented yet another fine new dance.

That and the soap opera stylings of the shoe's'es'* confrontation.

*Screw it, I got lost on that one.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: starlight on March 15, 2004, 10:50:13 am
..like I said in my email to someone about this strip just a bit ago:  feuding shoes confrontation, silly ray unaware

I love it!
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: pmcd9 on March 15, 2004, 12:51:09 pm
Oooh Paddling.

~Paul
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: V-Adore on March 15, 2004, 01:12:00 pm
Sadly, I was asleep when this was posted. (Well, not so sadly, as more sleep equals more academic not-dying and whatnot.) I AM SOMEHOW CURSED TO NEVER OPEN A THREAD, EVER

Anyway, this right here is gold -- Onstad's surprised me with his ability to turn around a dying storyline, and this is just classy. I'm not sure whether Ray is a much sillier drunk than I expected or exactly as silly a drunk as I expected.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: CortJstr on March 15, 2004, 01:49:11 pm
I sense an animated gif.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: Sulphagne on March 15, 2004, 02:16:32 pm
(http://excellent.the0rem.net/images/timetunl.gif)
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 15, 2004, 02:55:06 pm
This thread really should have been called "Ray's hella Shinto movements."
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: Bozack on March 15, 2004, 05:10:21 pm
Wow, this one was awesome. A quick list:
1. "five shots of Cuervo"
2. "Suit yourself, Stacky!"
3. "I'ma sugarfoot MY hella Shinto movements straight on back to the Time Tunnel!"
4. "Ray Smuckles, Professor of Doctorology"
5. That entire damn song he sings.
6. "YOU DISGUST ME."

Six awesome lines.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: Choop on March 16, 2004, 11:53:43 pm
CortJstr, you are SO right.

In my tradition of co-opting Onstad's artwork for dancing avatars, I would like to introduce my newest: (http://www.10mar2001.com/images/rayShoes.gif)

And yes, this has already been added to my rotating avatar script.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: CortJstr on March 17, 2004, 12:09:10 am
Word.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: jough on March 17, 2004, 12:29:57 am
Choop, you fuck*ng REPRESENT.

BIG TIME
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: AugustWest on March 17, 2004, 12:34:49 am
*weeps*
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: CortJstr on March 17, 2004, 01:00:55 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
*weeps*


jl's started hijacking our accounts!
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: V-Adore on March 17, 2004, 02:10:12 am
This is the best. Absolutely the best. Very tempting to make this into an LJ icon or some such.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: pmcd9 on March 17, 2004, 03:12:51 am
Awesome, Choop, awesome.

~Paul
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: Choop on March 17, 2004, 03:39:03 am
Cheers, everyone.

Shall I post the three, all dancing together?

(http://www.10mar2001.com/images/ray.gif)(http://www.10mar2001.com/images/teodor.gif)(http://www.10mar2001.com/images/rayShoes.gif)

Edit: By the by, that was like the best compliment I've ever gotten from so many people at once. Thanks.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: jay-ell on March 17, 2004, 03:46:58 am
::stands, claps, calls Spouse from other room::

Wonderful.  I knew my faith was not misplaced.  

Buddy icon, anyone?
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: V-Adore on March 17, 2004, 04:41:24 am
Huzzah!

In a non-Ren-Festy way, of course.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: slink on March 17, 2004, 05:32:03 am
w00t.

Sorry I was too late to jump on the early comments. Spoiled it now!
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: CortJstr on March 17, 2004, 02:05:57 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Cheers, everyone.

Shall I post the three, all dancing together?

[dancin' images]

Edit: By the by, that was like the best compliment I've ever gotten from so many people at once. Thanks.


Dang, that was quite Beef-like
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: wombat on March 17, 2004, 04:18:05 pm
I've had those three guys sitting on my monitor dancing all morning now and every once in a while I look up at them and smile.  Thanks, I needed that.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on March 17, 2004, 04:23:43 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Huzzah!

In a non-Ren-Festy way, of course.


BUSTED

Now we all know that you spend like all your free time all LARPin' around in the woods and steam tunnels and whatnot.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: ferocious j on March 17, 2004, 06:57:50 pm
Proper, Choop.  Proper.
Title: Suit Yourself, Stacky - 15 March 2004
Post by: V-Adore on March 17, 2004, 07:20:22 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Huzzah!

In a non-Ren-Festy way, of course.


BUSTED

Now we all know that you spend like all your free time all LARPin' around in the woods and steam tunnels and whatnot.

I am found out!

(Sadly, about the only thing keeping us from doing full on Mazes & Monsters on our weekends is the fact that we only have one steam tunnel on campus, and it's weaksauce. You can only do so much adventuring in the Treacherous Tunnel Between The Library And Humanities Building.)