The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Lane on March 15, 2004, 06:51:37 pm

Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: Lane on March 15, 2004, 06:51:37 pm
My girlfriend has very kindly offered to make me an iron-on Tshirt out of one panel of Achewood.  Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time picking one out, since most of the jokes require the context of at least one preceding panel in order to avoid being a complete non sequitur.

I really like this last panel (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042002) but am shying away from a Tshirt with an extended middle finger or any profanity on it.  That includes pictures of cats wearing a basketball jersey and knee-high striped socks but nothing "down there."  I already have a "Here Comes a Special Boy" Tshirt and everyone (meaning members of the public who are not Achewood readers) thinks Phillippe is a c*ck.

Basically, I am asking for suggestions, because you guys love the Achewood possibly more than anyone.  Apologies to the mods if this thread is in the wrong place or somehow otherwise violates the rules and regulations.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: sailor on March 15, 2004, 07:49:01 pm
<------------ this one.
Title: Re: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: andalucia on March 15, 2004, 09:07:00 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
everyone (meaning members of the public who are not Achewood readers) thinks Phillippe is a c*ck.


Amen to having had that problem.  As for best out-of-context panel, I put the "giant apocalyptic machinery" one on the cover of one of my old sketchbooks.

Edit after a long time in the archives:  link (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05142002)
Title: Re: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: misterhaan on March 15, 2004, 11:01:48 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
everyone (meaning members of the public who are not Achewood readers) thinks Phillippe is a c*ck.


they only think philippe is a c*ck because they want to think philippe is a c*ck.  he really looks much less like a c*ck than a random dude with a bowl cut would--seriously.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: V-Adore on March 16, 2004, 12:27:17 am
I've never had the Philippe on my special-boy shirt confused with a c*ck. Overall, though, my shirt seems to attract much less hilarity than the average; the only really funny thing I can think of connected with it was the conversation with my mother wherein she was confused as to why I owned a "special boy" shirt and assumed I'd accidentally brought my boyfriend's shirt home for the summer.

Anyway, this is a hard question to answer, since most of the panels I like I like in context. Why not just troll the archive and figure out what you dig?
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: Bozack on March 16, 2004, 12:58:09 am
The only time I've had anyone notice a c*ck on my "Special Boy" tshirt is from the time I took a picture of my own c*ck, cut it out, and taped it on my shirt. Then people were all like, WHAT UP WITH c*ck?
I'm partial to the "Huggggggssss" panel.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: Lane on March 21, 2004, 10:06:08 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
<------------ this one.


Thanks, sailor.  You were correct, that is the best panel for a shirt.  And I am happy to report it looks awesome, made entirely from iron-on transfer paper bought in the printer section of Target and a little application of the "Posterize" filter in Photoshop to thicken up the lines on a blown-up Roast Beef.

P.S.  Mr. Onstad, I bought two real shirts and three books, I promise I am not trying to bankrupt or get you in more "trouble with the government."
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: V-Adore on March 22, 2004, 02:16:19 am
Quote from: "Lane"

P.S.  Mr. Onstad, I bought two real shirts and three books, I promise I am not trying to bankrupt or get you in more "trouble with the government."

I copy you. I've bought tons of this stuff, but I may or may not end up bootlegging a shirt; if my Sanryobuki shirt continues its slow process of cracking and degradation, I will bootleg myself a replacement.

(I've only worn it maybe six times since acquiring it, and I always wash it inside-out, yet the design is already hella cracked. Strangely, the Rabbit Ambulance shirt I acquired at the same time and wear about as often is pristine.)
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: Lane on March 22, 2004, 07:27:17 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
if my Sanryobuki shirt continues its slow process of cracking and degradation, I will bootleg myself a replacement.

(I've only worn it maybe six times since acquiring it, and I always wash it inside-out, yet the design is already hella cracked. Strangely, the Rabbit Ambulance shirt I acquired at the same time and wear about as often is pristine.)


Yea, that is strange, my "Special Boy" and "More Science" shirts have survived numerous washings without any trouble at all.  He must have switched decal vendors when he sold the strip to the Japanese.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: sailor on March 22, 2004, 10:13:50 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
Quote from: "sailor"
<------------ this one.


Thanks, sailor.  You were correct, that is the best panel for a shirt.  And I am happy to report it looks awesome, made entirely from iron-on transfer paper bought in the printer section of Target and a little application of the "Posterize" filter in Photoshop to thicken up the lines on a blown-up Roast Beef.

P.S.  Mr. Onstad, I bought two real shirts and three books, I promise I am not trying to bankrupt or get you in more "trouble with the government."


you hell of owe me a shirt right about now.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: St_Zartan on March 23, 2004, 07:11:57 am
A shirt is a weird debt.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: sailor on March 25, 2004, 02:54:04 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
A shirt is a weird debt.


YOU'RE a weird debt!
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: V-Adore on March 27, 2004, 07:15:15 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
if my Sanryobuki shirt continues its slow process of cracking and degradation, I will bootleg myself a replacement.

Yea, that is strange, my "Special Boy" and "More Science" shirts have survived numerous washings without any trouble at all.  He must have switched decal vendors when he sold the strip to the Japanese.

Yeah, same here -- I've got a "Special Boy" shirt from the first run, as well as a "Science" baseball T from one of the early runs, and both of them are in good shape for their age and frequency of wear. I guess my "Sanryobuki" shirt just sucks.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: palm trees on March 28, 2004, 02:45:25 am
in case no-one already mentioned it, i think last panel here (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032004) is superlative in its stand-alone-yet-happy-geeky-injoke mightiness.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: sensate on March 29, 2004, 07:10:04 pm
Last panel on this one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232004) is a pretty good non sequitur.

And the last panel of  this one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232004) is also kinda wunnerful.[/url]
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: palm trees on March 29, 2004, 08:04:26 pm
Quote from: "sensate"
Last panel on this one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232004) is a pretty good non sequitur.

And the last panel of  this one (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232004) is also kinda wunnerful.[/url]


they are both exactly as wonderful as each other
heh guess why
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: andalucia on March 29, 2004, 10:28:38 pm
Touché.
Title: Favorite panel for use on a Tshirt?
Post by: pubdoggy on March 30, 2004, 08:48:51 am
well, my Special Boy T-Shirt has survived countless escapades, none less worthy than the Reading Half Marathon. It was Horizontal Snowing at the end. That isn't flash-glare on my face - it's a frikking glacier.
(http://www.pubdoggy.com/images/reading.jpg)