The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on March 17, 2004, 12:06:19 pm

Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: slink on March 17, 2004, 12:06:19 pm
...

I mean, I laughed, but I am also somewhat confused. It seemed to feel like about three strips in one. Which I guess is a good thing, I just wasn't prepared.
Oh hell I have to go to sleep now.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: CortJstr on March 17, 2004, 02:11:27 pm
I think Ray and Beef are only different breeds to make it easier to tell them appart in silhouette.

It's also weird that Ray uses a "diary" while Beef has a "journal." I would've thought Ray would be bothered by the girlie connotations.

[Edit: I'm Ray now. Whoo!]
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: MSC on March 17, 2004, 03:07:07 pm
I would like to know about what constitutes a "good chat" with Todd.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: V-Adore on March 17, 2004, 03:28:27 pm
Quote from: "MSC"
I would like to know about what constitutes a "good chat" with Todd.

I think it would be difficult to have a conversation with Todd which was good on an absolute level, but he may also mean good relative to other chats with Todd. Or maybe it's just Beef's low standards again.

I rather like how Ray writes like Beef talks, while Beef himself has a much more civilized writing style.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: St_Zartan on March 17, 2004, 04:20:44 pm
oh uh listen uh so and um today I studied a microscope

This is Good.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: sjlimmer on March 17, 2004, 05:32:21 pm
This week is off to a far better start than should be allowed by law.*

Although, I must admit to feeling guilty about seeing the humor in Beef's hella depression.  But who else would find a discussion of Frankestien to be a reminder of their own mortaility?


* I have just jinxed the rest of the week, of course.  You're welcome
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Bozack on March 17, 2004, 05:37:32 pm
I just realized:
I'm friends with this dude, and my older brother is friends with this dude's sister. I was hanging out with my brother and the dude's sister, just havin' all sorts of fun, and she did an imitation of her brother, which was so spot on and perfect.
Not until I read today's strip did I realize that her impression of her brother was exactly like my mental impression of Beef.

"You guys play here too? WEIRD."
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: slink on March 17, 2004, 06:58:13 pm
Protracted sentence award of the week!

Took me a good few to fully get to grips with.
I can even see from the quote how it sounds Beeflike. But then I seem to hear everything as Beef right now. I think I may be about to turn into him overnight.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Paisley on March 17, 2004, 11:41:05 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore
I rather like how Ray writes like Beef talks, while Beef himself has a much more civilized writing style.


m3 2!!!1!!

Beef's style is not only civilized, but he uses intensely correct punctuation and rather complex sentences. I bet he touch-types as well, and never has to backspace--hence, his ability to type in the dark, his native catty eyesight notwithstanding.

Also, I like how Ray dons a shirt and tie when he sits down to the computer.  Can't tell from the masthead for Ray's Place whether he does this while dispensing advice, though.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Choop on March 18, 2004, 12:39:37 am
Paisley, I understand why you thought that, as I did as well; however, closer inspection reveals it's just his medallion hanging in front of his chest.

Sorry to burst your bubble, kid.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Paisley on March 18, 2004, 12:50:02 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
closer inspection reveals it's just his medallion hanging in front of his chest.


*Squints* You sure?

(Great dancing shoes gif)
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Choop on March 18, 2004, 01:38:51 am
I've taken the liberty of zooming and colorizing the image in question.

(http://www.10mar2001.com/images/rayColor.gif)

You can see that the medallion hangs front and center, and the left arm is crossed in front of Ray.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Paisley on March 18, 2004, 01:53:44 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
You can see that the medallion hangs front and center, and the left arm is crossed in front of Ray.


Awesome. I'm comparing the two images and ... I guess I need new glasses. I'm still seeing a collar and tie in the native version on my monitor's resolution, but then, I still think there was more than one shooter in the Zapruder film. Whatever. Gov. Connelly still has JFK's blood on his hands, and Ray is still a dork.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2004, 03:36:46 am
Quote from: "Paisley"
Gov. Connelly still has JFK's blood on his hands, and Ray is still a dork.


Quod erat demonstrandum.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Paisley on March 18, 2004, 04:50:35 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quod erat demonstrandum.


Honi soit qui mal y pense, dude.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: jough on March 18, 2004, 05:30:41 am
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Bozack on March 18, 2004, 05:46:53 am
Yo no soy marinero, yo no soy marinero, soy capitán, soy capitán, soy capitan. La, la bamba.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2004, 05:52:32 am
Mein Hundt Hat Keine Nase.
Wie Recht Er?
Schrechtlecht!
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Choop on March 18, 2004, 06:44:12 am
Ist das nicht ein stein auf bier?
Ya, das ist ein stein auf bier!
O Deschoerne, O Deschoerne, O Deschoerne
Schnitzelbank!
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: V-Adore on March 18, 2004, 06:50:27 am
Die Leben ist grausam und schrecklich gemein
Die Leben ist grausam, und Klaus ist ein Schwein
Die Leben ist grausam und schrecklich gemein
Die Leben ist grausam, und Gabi ist Schwein




ma ni au deshou ka?
ee, mada daijobu na hazu da kedo, isoide ikimashou!
Hai, so shimashou!
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Bozack on March 18, 2004, 07:38:31 am
Debout les damnés de la terre
Debout les forçats de la faim
La raison tonne en son cratère
C'est l'éruption de la fin
Du passe faisons table rase
Foules, esclaves, debout, debout
Le monde va changer de base
Nous ne sommes rien, soyons tout

C'est la lutte finale
Groupons-nous, et demain
L'Internationale
Sera le genre humain
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: slink on March 18, 2004, 08:02:04 am
con estas promesas prometedoras,
haremos de latinoamerica, el pais del futuro.
suprimiremos el vaso de leche escolar, ya que cada niño
tendra vaca propia en su casa o apartamento,
eliminare todos los semaforos, para acabar con el trafico,
creare veinte ministerios mas, para que todos robemos
juntos, y tambien se acabaran los ranchos, ya que estos
seran aceptados como cuota inicial de un apartamento.
mi gobierno sera el mas peor. el menos peor o todo lo
contrario!

Yo quisiera que los politicos fueran
!fueran! paraliticos,
Yo quisiera que los politicos fueran
!fueran! paraliticos.

Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2004, 03:12:55 pm
CHING CHONG WING WONG

--Blister
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: CortJstr on March 18, 2004, 03:26:42 pm
Donde esta la biblioteca?

</Jon Stewart>
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 18, 2004, 05:36:51 pm
Y menя ecть бoлшoй пивo.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: jough on March 18, 2004, 05:48:28 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Y menя ecть бoлшoй пивo.


Hey, let's keep it clean, people.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 18, 2004, 05:50:27 pm
Gefickende scheisse!  Fangula putani!  Chingaso!  Помёт!
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: misterhaan on March 18, 2004, 07:53:39 pm
alles klar, herr kommissar!
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: jay-ell on March 18, 2004, 08:19:09 pm
En passant par la Lorraine,
Avec mes sabots,
En passant par la Lorraine,
Avec mes sabots,
Rencontrai trois capitaines,
Avec mes sabots,
Dondaine, oh ! Oh ! Oh !
Avec mes sabots.
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 18, 2004, 11:44:55 pm
So did you all post this crapola before or after the todays strip with the plane to Frankfurt and the german alt text? Or dare I resurrect the whole 'Onstad on this board' argument again?
Title: Dr. Frankenstein was trained in anatomy - 17th March
Post by: AugustWest on March 19, 2004, 02:31:25 am
First foreign language post:  Last night, 10:36 pm EST.  Draw your own conclusions.