The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on August 06, 2003, 03:46:32 am

Title: 'American Wedding' review (contains no spoilers or peanuts)
Post by: jough on August 06, 2003, 03:46:32 am
Hey kids,

Saw "American Wedding" tonight.  If you've seen the first two and have enjoyed them, I'm sure you'll enjoy this third installment.

Even though...

I lost my train of thought taking a carpal tunnel break.

I liked the movie.  I have a soft-spot in my heart for movies with likeable characters and lots of profanity and dick jokes.

So there.
Title: 'American Wedding' review (contains no spoilers or peanuts)
Post by: pmcd9 on August 06, 2003, 11:54:24 pm
Quote
Post subject: 'American Wedding' review (contains no spoilers or peanuts)


This is American Pie after all, I don't think it's really going to ruin it for anyone if they know beforehand what kind of pastry that dude sticks his junk in.

The American Pie series is this generations Porky's.  I liked Porky's better because they were allowed to show a lot more flesh back then.  As a fat 16 year old Tuba player, believe me, Porky's was an important part of my sex life.  I don't know where I might be now if Porky's had misled me into believing it's ok to hump a pie.

Oh yeah, spoilers I know, but what's a peanut?

~Paul
Title: 'American Wedding' review (contains no spoilers or peanuts)
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 12:18:06 am
A peanut is the nutlike oily seed of the southern Brazilian plant (Arachis hypogaea) widely cultivated in tropical and warm temperate regions.

Some people are allergic to peanuts, which is why this thread contains no nuts.
Title: 'American Wedding' review (contains no spoilers or peanuts)
Post by: pmcd9 on August 07, 2003, 02:37:13 am
Quote
This is American Pie after all, I don't think it's really going to ruin it for anyone if they know beforehand what kind of pastry that dude sticks his junk in.


I just thought of a better way to say that.

This is American Pie after all, I don't think it's really going to ruin it for anyone if they know beforehand what kind of dish that dude spices up with his rad chiles.

Quote
A peanut is the nutlike oily seed of the southern Brazilian plant (Arachis hypogaea) widely cultivated in tropical and warm temperate regions.


Ok, i'll refrain from the bad puns if you ease your finger off the smart aleck trigger.

~Paul
Title: 'American Wedding' review (contains no spoilers or peanuts)
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 02:44:35 am
Speaking of containing no nuts...

I don't think anyone put their kibbles 'n' bits in anything whatsoever, except into another human being, where they belong.

This may be a "raunchy movie" first.

And there wasn't nearly enough nudity.  They did have hot porn star strippers at the bachelor party, though.

-- Jough