The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on March 18, 2004, 04:43:50 pm

Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2004, 04:43:50 pm
This is fascinating. (http://xroads.virginia.edu/%7EUG02/yeung/actioncomics/cover.html)  Superman is kind of thuggish.  He also has a sloping brow that makes him look like a neanderthal.
Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: Limmo on March 18, 2004, 06:07:56 pm
That was excellent.  I wish they'd have Superman putting the fear of g-d into current corrupt politicians.  Superman all running along electric wires with Donald Rumsfeld.
Title: Re: Action Comics #1
Post by: pmcd9 on March 19, 2004, 06:32:27 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
This is fascinating. (http://xroads.virginia.edu/%7EUG02/yeung/actioncomics/cover.html)  Superman is kind of thuggish.  He also has a sloping brow that makes him look like a neanderthal.


That was a car full of gansters was it not..

~Paul
Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: pmcd9 on March 19, 2004, 06:45:29 am
I just re-read the story, it's been a few years.  Oh yeah thuggish might be the right word, but I think those creeps got off easy.  Ol' Clark just had his balls handed to him by that cold hearted bitch Lois Lane.  So I say he acted with restraint.

~Paul
Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: andalucia on March 19, 2004, 04:51:54 pm
I'm a big fan of the guy on the cover who is JUST FREAKIN' OUT about yonder Ubermensch.
Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: Choop on March 19, 2004, 05:23:28 pm
I can't believe I read every page. Thank goodness they recognized the one quality story they had and dumped the rest. "Sticky Mitts Johnson" -- what the ...? &c.

Also, DAILY STAR. And "attendants," not "adoptive parents."
Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: V-Adore on March 19, 2004, 05:53:22 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm a big fan of the guy on the cover who is JUST FREAKIN' OUT about yonder Ubermensch.

I'm not entirely sure I can blame him. Also, I like how the governor is so certain he's being menaced by a madman, mostly because he's actually right -- it's a mark of something that we today can accept the idea of a square-jawed guy in a silly costume marching into the governor's mansion to enforce justice.
Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: AugustWest on March 19, 2004, 06:18:15 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm a big fan of the guy on the cover who is JUST FREAKIN' OUT about yonder Ubermensch.


Are you talking about the guy on his hands and knees gawkin' or the guy holding his head like it's gonna fall off?  'Cause they're both pretty cool.
Title: Action Comics #1
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 20, 2004, 07:10:24 am
I like the guy running away like a bitch. Ol Supe' laid a double-nut beatdown on the baddies in those early days.