The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: slink on March 22, 2004, 05:00:02 pm

Title: Just found this.
Post by: slink on March 22, 2004, 05:00:02 pm
The Crimson Room (http://www.datacraft.co.jp/takagism/index_e.html)
Which you may have come across, as it's quite well known.

But, saving the best for last, is a wonderful little game funded by ABC.
The Chasm (http://www.abc.net.au/gameon/chasm/chasmgame.htm)
Title: Re: Just found this.
Post by: sjlimmer on March 22, 2004, 07:57:23 pm
Quote from: "slink"
The Crimson Room (http://www.datacraft.co.jp/takagism/index_e.html)
Which you may have come across, as it's quite well known.


Damn you, slink.  I've spent the past 2 hours off and on in that damn crimson room, rather than working on my dissertation.  I always get hooked by games like that, but there's always one item I can never find...I keep going around in cicrles.

Still, it beats working...

Edit:  Moments later, I found the other item I was looking for.  Dammit.
Title: Just found this.
Post by: slink on March 22, 2004, 09:43:46 pm
I got stuck in a circle for ages, but got it in the end.
I'm still to manage The Chasm. I got to trying to climb the pipes, but the deluge keeps getting me. I haven't quite worked out whether it is about the order you hop through them or whether there's a switch somewhere for them.

Was something else to do besides real gaming.
Title: Just found this.
Post by: Mite on March 22, 2004, 11:47:57 pm
Jebus, people. It's a good thing I didn't have anything planned for tonight...

Oh, and thank you.
Title: Just found this.
Post by: AugustWest on March 23, 2004, 02:27:16 am
Quote from: "slink"
I got stuck in a circle for ages, but got it in the end.
I'm still to manage The Chasm. I got to trying to climb the pipes, but the deluge keeps getting me. I haven't quite worked out whether it is about the order you hop through them or whether there's a switch somewhere for them.

Was something else to do besides real gaming.


It's the order you go through them.  I spent an entire afternoon on the Chasm once.  As I recall, you have to start in one of the middle pipes, then keep going up and to the left until you hit a door.
Title: Just found this.
Post by: Choop on March 23, 2004, 04:04:09 am
Okay, yeah, I've played and beat Chasm... a while back. But have you played WorldBuilder (http://www.lego.com/eng/create/activities/worldbuilder/default.asp?x=x)??
Title: Just found this.
Post by: jough on March 23, 2004, 06:07:24 am
Just finally beat the Crimson Room - that damn battery was hard to find.  And it took me awhile to figure out how many times to click to find the safe.

fuck*ng Japanese people.
Title: Just found this.
Post by: slink on March 23, 2004, 10:14:20 am
Quote from: "jough"

fuck*ng Japanese people.


Not kidding.
It was the second ring that got me! Took me a while.
Now I just wish he'd hurry up with the other room.

As for World Builder, Choop, it's just loading (dialup and all) so I will see what it's all about in a moment. Although well, it's lego and that's always a good thing (attempts a trip to the attic to find big huge boxes of lego).
Title: Just found this.
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 25, 2004, 12:06:16 am
I kept starting the damn movie and getting called away from the Computer so it took 25 minutes just to see the end of it and know what to do from there.

It was frustrating and enjoyable once I got through it. It would be interesting to see the next room.

J
Title: Just found this.
Post by: CortJstr on March 27, 2004, 02:59:58 am
MOTAS (http://www.albartus.com/motas/) was way better.