The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on March 24, 2004, 01:03:04 pm

Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: slink on March 24, 2004, 01:03:04 pm
Oh yea. He's good.
Doesn't even need to talk now to get a good response!
It's the evolution of *****ics.
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: pubdoggy on March 24, 2004, 01:09:27 pm
see - this is more like it. One Strip Wonders that work in isolation (OSWIS).
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 24, 2004, 02:15:55 pm
What's the deal with those shoes/boots?
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: CortJstr on March 24, 2004, 02:27:12 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
What's the deal with those shoes/boots?

Michael J. Fox (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10302001) gave them to him.

[edit: Unless you mean Philippe's shoes. But he's had those (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10312002) for a while.]

I've never seen Philippe use his standard phone greeting in real life. Although it seems that he is not actually all that happy to talk to Jesus.
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: arkabee on March 24, 2004, 02:46:27 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

I've never seen Philippe use his standard phone greeting in real life.


my brane assumed that was because he was being ultra-polite and all because he was a guest in another country, and guests should always be super ultra polite and all.
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: pubdoggy on March 24, 2004, 04:09:40 pm
Also - maybe Liebot is getting Phillipe's attention with a tap on the shoulder because PHILLIPE HAS NO EARS! :shock:
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: CortJstr on March 24, 2004, 04:32:35 pm
Quote from: "pubdoggy"
Also - maybe Liebot is getting Phillipe's attention with a tap on the shoulder because PHILLIPE HAS NO EARS! :shock:


I knew something looked weird. His torso:pants ratio seems off as well.
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 24, 2004, 06:37:07 pm
I did mean Philippe's shoes. Never noticed them before. They've got some heels.
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 24, 2004, 08:59:46 pm
New functionality for Lie Bot.  Cool.

I didn't like this strip, though.  One phantom tap on the shoulder, and it's Jesus coming to take him away?  That's pretty weak, even for Philippe.
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: Steve Hogan on March 24, 2004, 09:00:34 pm
Phillipe sure is fatalistic!
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: starlight on March 24, 2004, 11:56:31 pm
This strip disturbed me a bit.... didn't see it comin' that's for sure.
what happened to Philippe's suit..?
Title: Who's there? 24/03
Post by: V-Adore on March 27, 2004, 07:11:43 pm
I may be the only one who thinks so, but I found this a little lame. It was probably the Philippe -- he looks off-model in his art, and the whole gag is a little strained. (Of course, I haven't been satisfied with 'stad's treatment of Philippe for a while; he's been very off for a while, particularly strikingly so in the midst of strips where everyone else has been dead-on.)

.. I feel obliged to give someone a phone shaped like Mary Worth now.