The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on March 26, 2004, 01:52:24 pm

Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 26, 2004, 01:52:24 pm
I have nothing to say about this strip.  Just wanted to start the topic.

Um, lemmee think... I bought a white turtleneck in Berlin.  It was freakin' cold.

Is it that hard to buy something in a foreign country, particularly in a big city where the stores have cash registers?  You take the coat up to the register, and when they ring it up you look at the total on the display.  Of course, blowing your cash on 10 sodas at Herr Currywurst doesn't help.
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: CortJstr on March 26, 2004, 02:22:45 pm
So does Ray have a tiny pocket in there or use he just use the elastic to hold keys/money/etc against his side?
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: Mantonio on March 26, 2004, 05:23:32 pm
Ray is being atypically critical of himself here.  DOES THIS MEAN HE IS MORPHING INTO ROAST BEEF?!!!  If he learns how to turn on a computer, I guess we'll know.
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: CortJstr on March 26, 2004, 06:07:29 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Ray is being atypically critical of himself here.  DOES THIS MEAN HE IS MORPHING INTO ROAST BEEF?!!!  If he learns how to turn on a computer, I guess we'll know.

Ray is just thrown from his usual cool pearch by the awkward situation. Soon some crazy german fans will recognize him from his album and we'll have the normal confident Ray back.
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on March 26, 2004, 08:09:43 pm
Also why isn't Ray smoking? In fact none of the cats have been shown as smoking since January 13th (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01132004). Did the Nicorette man come to town/Handin' out fun gum all aroun'/Slap down a patch/Unhook your latch/Get that monkey offa your batch

Oooooh-

The nicorette man he cares for your lungs
So around his neck a satchel is slung
It's fulla good stuff
That you don't puff
P. Morris leavin' town all in a huff

The nicorette man he'll keep you on kilter
Take away the baccy, take away the filter
There's nothing left
Don't be bereft
His cheeks are chiseled, his chin is cleft

Who me? I don't sleep no more...
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: jough on March 26, 2004, 10:07:11 pm
I find it disturbing that you know when the last date that a character was smoking - did you keep going backwards in the archives until you saw a fag in one of their mouths?

I swear, people, if you don't have enough to do I have lots of work I can give you...
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: slink on March 26, 2004, 10:42:01 pm
I knew.
Just out of the compulsion I have to go smoke.
I swear, walking past shops is hell!
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 27, 2004, 12:08:40 am
Maybe the Chewlies gum guy got to them.
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: miles on March 27, 2004, 12:29:35 am
I fear that the cats may have been targets of a new type of hate (http://www.smokingparadise.net/News/anti-tobacco_violence.html) that is becoming more and more prevalent these days.

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Also why isn't Ray smoking? In fact none of the cats have been shown as smoking since January 13th (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01132004).
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: miles on March 27, 2004, 12:37:55 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm not sure I get the 'calories from Bert and Ernie' line.  I'ma little slow today.


Maybe those who are touched in the head eat sesame street dolls for nourishment.
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on March 27, 2004, 12:44:05 am
Quote from: "jough"
I find it disturbing that you know when the last date that a character was smoking - did you keep going backwards in the archives until you saw a fag in one of their mouths?


That is definitely not what I did, and as soon as I figure the way that I did do it which wasn't the ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC way that you suggest I did it (which I didn't) I'll tell you.
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: Noah on March 27, 2004, 03:20:34 am
haha, Chewlie's gum
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: Noah on March 27, 2004, 03:24:14 am
Huh. This is the first time I've used IE on this forum. I didn't realize that my avatar was shown as a broken image. On Opera it just pretends it isn't there. I'm going to fix that, now.
Title: Nipples!
Post by: foolio on March 27, 2004, 05:17:03 am
Why is one of Ray's nipples rectangular while the other is round?
Title: Re: Nipples!
Post by: AugustWest on March 27, 2004, 05:32:15 am
Quote from: "foolio"
Why is one of Ray's nipples rectangular while the other is round?


I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Pythagorean Theorem.  That or Pablo Neruda.
Title: Re: Nipples!
Post by: slink on March 27, 2004, 11:20:21 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Pythagorean Theorem.  That or Pablo Neruda.


It's just where Ernie's plastic nose is poking through his flesh.
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: Mite on March 27, 2004, 01:15:50 pm
Quote from: "miles"
I fear that the cats may have been targets of a new type of hate (http://www.smokingparadise.net/News/anti-tobacco_violence.html) that is becoming more and more prevalent these days.


Kee-rist! Thank god I live in the Old South: where smoking is not only a right, it's patriotic!
Title: Bert and Ernie dolls - 3/26
Post by: V-Adore on March 27, 2004, 07:02:48 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm not sure I get the 'calories from Bert and Ernie' line.  I'ma little slow today.


Maybe those who are touched in the head eat sesame street dolls for nourishment.

To come to this party embarrassingly late (and reeking of Louisiana, no less): I assumed it was a joke on his embarrassingly poor German, which might, say, cause him to accidentally request an Ernie doll when he actually desires a currywurst. But I may be wrong.