The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2004, 05:10:00 am

Title: Rancid Anyone?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2004, 05:10:00 am
While searching for something to entice my 13 year old nephew further over to the dark side I rediscovered Rancid.  I had forgotten how enjoyable they are.

~Paul
Title: Rancid Anyone?
Post by: andalucia on March 29, 2004, 12:35:01 pm
Rightly so!  Rancid and I go way back.  I progressed from them back to the Sex Pistols, the Damned,  the Buzzcocks, and the X-Ray Spex, and then through to Bikini Kill, then to full-on indie.  And I must have been 13 or a tiny bit younger when I got into them, so they're probably a very good call for yonder nephew.
There was a time when I didn't like talking about my "punk phase", but I still enjoy Rancid in small quantities, particularly 'And Out Come the Wolves', but also their "eponymous début".  Besides, they'll always have that thing where Matt Freedman is indisputably some sort of bass god.
Title: Rancid Anyone?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 29, 2004, 03:08:48 pm
Rancid = good times.
Title: Rancid Anyone?
Post by: slink on March 29, 2004, 03:28:41 pm
Ungh.

Have I just missed their good phase?
Title: Rancid Anyone?
Post by: andalucia on March 29, 2004, 10:16:24 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Ungh.

Have I just missed their good phase?


Oh Christ yes, Slink, don't try to listen to their new stuff.  I find it embarassing.
Title: Rancid Anyone?
Post by: Nabubrush on March 30, 2004, 03:58:10 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
'And Out Come the Wolves', but also their "eponymous début

These two albums are the bookends of their listenable phase.
Title: Rancid Anyone?
Post by: slink on March 30, 2004, 08:26:51 am
I will try seeking souls later on after todays dose of bullshit.