The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on March 29, 2004, 08:06:18 am
-
All I really have to say is that Ray's newspaper suit is classy. Spiegel tie and all.
Also, Ray firing all other homeless people = comedy gold.
-
Oh, damn! ALMOST made first post! ALMOST!
Yeah, I think the last panel is simply amazing: I used to like the Scorpions too!
Didn't we all? Didn't we all?
Rock You Like a Hurricane
-
I am pretentious, so my first thought on seeing Ray's suit was "Heh. Hugo Ball (http://images.google.com/images?q=%22hugo+Ball%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search)."
-
Dang Ray! How can you spend something like 11 hours on the SkyMall catalog? Those things are good for 45 minutes, an hour tops! How many $199 watches, coiled hoses and inspirational prints can you look at, man?
-
Dang Ray! How can you spend something like 11 hours on the SkyMall catalog? Those things are good for 45 minutes, an hour tops! How many $199 watches, coiled hoses and inspirational prints can you look at, man?
i would assume that for Ray, looking at that sort of thing would be akin to deep spiritual meditation; deeply gazing at the picture of the watch, imagining more than the watch simply draped across his wrist but also the places he would be and go with the watch and the reactions of the people seeing it: "My, my Ray, that watch sure is classy", etc.
i'd imagine he would end up being asked to leave so they could close down for the night from a Sharper Image store.
-
Dang Ray! How can you spend something like 11 hours on the SkyMall catalog? Those things are good for 45 minutes, an hour tops! How many $199 watches, coiled hoses and inspirational prints can you look at, man?
Don't forget that they serve drinks on these flights. I'm sure Ray was getting his mad drink on so he was probably out-of-it or even passed out for much of the flight.
-
I am pretentious, so my first thought on seeing Ray's suit was "Heh. Hugo Ball (http://images.google.com/images?q=%22hugo+Ball%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search)."
I actually read the strip in a break from writing an essay on the influence of the first World War on the arts (so lots of Dadaism) and didn't even make that connection. Good call though.