The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on March 31, 2004, 12:49:48 pm

Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: andalucia on March 31, 2004, 12:49:48 pm
This I like.  But then again, I'm also a Timecube fan.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: Franc28 on March 31, 2004, 01:14:16 pm
To me, it sounds kindof like Scientology, if Hubbard was hopped on LSD instead of barbiturates.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: CortJstr on March 31, 2004, 02:37:29 pm
How did he get such nice underlines with a typewriter? (Ignoring the question of where said typewriter even came from).

That is some crazy capitalization.

Insert Tri-Lam joke here.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 31, 2004, 03:04:17 pm
Yes, we are all slaves to the Forbidden Dance.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: jough on March 31, 2004, 03:24:13 pm
I know Ray is wearing a news print suit, but where's his tin foil hat?
Title: Re: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: Gimpson on March 31, 2004, 04:26:21 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
This I like.  But then again, I'm also a Timecube fan.


Did you ever find video or audio of Gene Ray's talk at MIT?  I heard about it, but couldn't ever find video or a transcript.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 31, 2004, 07:44:44 pm
My cousin, achewood reader and aspiring mechanic, sent me this...

"Lambda," where I come from, is the Greek letter used to represent the international standards for air/fuel ratios in internal combustion engines.  For example, Lambda for a gasoline powered four cycle engine--almost all automobiles--is 14.7:1, or stochiometry.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: doomglobe on March 31, 2004, 08:12:04 pm
lambda is used for lots of things in math and science. LISP computer code uses it as a means of returning a functional argument. In phisics it is often used to represent wavelength variables or constants, such as the electron compton wavelength, which is 2.43x10^-12 meters. In linear algebra it is used for eigenvalues. basically it is just a letter.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: V-Adore on March 31, 2004, 08:31:36 pm
I always picked Pat for the "write ranty manifestos about angels and cosmic rays" type, not Ray, but let's see where this goes.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: AugustWest on March 31, 2004, 09:07:23 pm
Musta been something in the fingernail schnapps.
Title: Re: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: andalucia on March 31, 2004, 09:12:34 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Did you ever find video or audio of Gene Ray's talk at MIT?  I heard about it, but couldn't ever find video or a transcript.


Nah, everywhere that said that used to have it up had taken it down due to its apparent runaway popularity.  I find that restores a bit of my faith in humanity.
Title: A very different picture indeed (March 31st)
Post by: Noah on April 01, 2004, 07:10:14 am
This is awesome. I've known people with bizarre theories exactly like this.
Title: happy april fools, everyone!
Post by: doomglobe on April 01, 2004, 08:25:13 pm
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/aprilfool2.html

also,

http://www.yzzerdd.com/