The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: sailor on April 01, 2004, 09:58:33 am

Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: sailor on April 01, 2004, 09:58:33 am
john?
deanster?
ray's c*ck?
beef's wheelchair?

what the hell, 'Stad?
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: slink on April 01, 2004, 11:08:46 am
Just what the doctor ordered.
To keep up with the old expressions and all!

After the morning I had this was highly expected I tell you. Well...
Title: Re: late at the alram clock company
Post by: Gimpson on April 01, 2004, 11:14:36 am
Quote from: "sailor"
ray's c*ck?


Gah!  It's obviously too early in the morning, as I didn't notice until I came here...
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: andalucia on April 01, 2004, 12:29:25 pm
I'm still trying to figure out if this is April Fools' Weird, or Look at Me, I Am Onstad, Your Creator-God, And I Can Do Whatever I Want Weird.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 01, 2004, 01:40:24 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm still trying to figure out if this is April Fools' Weird, or Look at Me, I Am Onstad, Your Creator-God, And I Can Do Whatever I Want Weird.


The latter of course. Onstad has always had a very low opinion of comics in general, and most webcomics in specific. The alt text says it all. Today, he is not the fairly successful and usually wildly hilarious Achewood. Today, he is Generic Webcomic #13531.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: AugustWest on April 01, 2004, 02:39:49 pm
That's some seriously roasted up and syndicated ding-dong.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: AugustWest on April 01, 2004, 04:05:34 pm
What the hell is an "alram" clock?
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: palm trees on April 01, 2004, 05:27:41 pm
best april fools ever
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 01, 2004, 06:48:09 pm
Syndication would be keen. Consistent bringing of the funny would be keener. Best of luck, 'O.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: CortJstr on April 01, 2004, 09:04:59 pm
He forgot to draw the barbs.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: V-Adore on April 02, 2004, 08:53:47 pm
I want an alRAM clock. It would come in handy.

Beef -- er, "Deanster" -- in a wheelchair is both sad and entirely appropriate.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: jough on April 02, 2004, 10:04:51 pm
Did anyone else notice that they're "John and Dean" - and Jan of Jan & Dean just died this week.

Also, the font he used is "Akbar" which is Matt Groening's handwriting (and of course the characters are also Groening-esque - it's those Bart Simpson eyes).
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2004, 11:28:20 pm
It's somewhere between Groening and the comics in any give college newspaper.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: pmcd9 on April 02, 2004, 11:35:14 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Did anyone else notice that they're "John and Dean" - and Jan of Jan & Dean just died this week.

Also, the font he used is "Akbar" which is Matt Groening's handwriting (and of course the characters are also Groening-esque - it's those Bart Simpson eyes).


So you are implying that this is in fact a new comic made to look like a primitive early "lost" strip, and not in fact what it actually is?

I couldn't decide, but your points have swayed me to thinking it's a new strip.

~Paul
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 03, 2004, 02:03:25 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
He forgot to draw the barbs.


What I find interesting is that I and others are clearly able to accept a world where cats walk bipedally and talk, but get worried about barbed c*ckes.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: andalucia on April 03, 2004, 06:58:32 am
It's a little something called PRIORITIES.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: CortJstr on April 03, 2004, 08:33:06 pm
I'm a sucker for a running joke.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: Noah on April 03, 2004, 10:04:45 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Did anyone else notice that they're "John and Dean" - and Jan of Jan & Dean just died this week.


No, but it was thinking of Gene and Dean Ween.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: side_show on April 03, 2004, 10:46:18 pm
http://www.callahanonline.com/index.html

I immediatly thought of John Callahan, who often draws men with genitals exposed and he's wheelchair bound and draws himself into is comics regularly.  The art style is totally different, but the content definitly references Callahan.
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: pmcd9 on April 03, 2004, 10:52:20 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
http://www.callahanonline.com/index.html


Satan tells his story on Oprah cracked me up.

~Paul
Title: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on April 04, 2004, 09:55:44 pm
Quote from: "Noah"
Quote from: "jough"
Did anyone else notice that they're "John and Dean" - and Jan of Jan & Dean just died this week.


No, but it was thinking of Gene and Dean Ween.

I was thinking of John Dean  . . .  you know, Watergate?