The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jay-ell on April 02, 2004, 06:32:51 pm

Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: jay-ell on April 02, 2004, 06:32:51 pm
Gee whillikers, where is everyone today?  I was offline yesterday and expected a flood of messages to read this morning...what gives?
Title: Re: Deadsville, USA
Post by: sjlimmer on April 02, 2004, 06:33:44 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Gee whillikers, where is everyone today?  I was offline yesterday and expected a flood of messages to read this morning...what gives?


I can not imagine what could have happened.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: jough on April 02, 2004, 06:34:23 pm
Eh.  No new strip today, so nothing really to talk about.

Either that, or there's another sale at Arby's.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: jay-ell on April 02, 2004, 06:37:08 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Eh.  No new strip today, so nothing really to talk about.


That's never stopped us before...
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 02, 2004, 06:50:03 pm
I can't help it. I am a slave to the Beef N' Cheddar. And I loves me a Jamocha shake.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 02, 2004, 07:18:07 pm
*Sputter-growl-sputter*

How does one administer an indian burn over the internet?
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: slink on April 02, 2004, 07:46:11 pm
You broke my private message that I received last night. So whoever sent it me, can you resend it or something?

I'm just uber busy at the moment thus not around as much. Still keeping my eye out in the Conservatory though. I even ought to be able to while I'm at the conference this week.
Also I have to go and maybe buy a new car tomorrow. Which is nice.
I'll shut up now.

I saw the tiny writing though. So... Yea.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: V-Adore on April 02, 2004, 09:00:10 pm
I spent all day yesterday doing productive things and/or gossipping and buying Dungeons & Dragons CYOAs. It was quite the thing.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: Bozack on April 02, 2004, 09:02:59 pm
I spent all day weeping.

You...you...BASTARDS!

Just kidding. Wow, I feel like I've settled back into a comfy couch.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: pmcd9 on April 02, 2004, 11:26:19 pm
I spent the whole day thinking of uses for all the extra time I had.

~Paul
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2004, 11:26:37 pm
I've been sick so more than a few minutes at a time on the comp give me a headache. So I didn't really notice so much.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: wombat on April 02, 2004, 11:38:38 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
I spent the whole day thinking of uses for all the extra time I had.

~Paul


Me too.  I was gonna study my Japanese, and get an obedience title on my dog, and get the garden into shape, and cure cancer...

Now I guess if they offer me that job I wanted where I have to work a lot of overtime I'll just have to say no.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: pmcd9 on April 02, 2004, 11:49:25 pm
Here's a funny April Fools gag I saw yesterday.  President Bush wants to pass a Fetus rights bill.  Ain't that rich, he wants to take rights away from gay people and give them to the fetus.  Boy, some people have come up with some really funny gags this year.

~Paul
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: side_show on April 03, 2004, 05:28:40 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Here's a funny April Fools gag I saw yesterday.  President Bush wants to pass a Fetus rights bill.  Ain't that rich, he wants to take rights away from gay people and give them to the fetus.  Boy, some people have come up with some really funny gags this year.

~Paul


Even funnier, I've started a web catalogue for straitened out coat hangers for American women.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: andalucia on April 03, 2004, 07:02:18 am
Oh god how I fear for you Americans.

Though I live in Leftopia, I grew up in a rural area and got threats in the mail when I got a pro-abortion letter published in the local paper.

Things are scary.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: V-Adore on April 03, 2004, 09:25:59 pm
One wonders whether Bush would legalize late-term abortions if it could be proven, Gattaca-style, that the fetus would grow up to be poor and commit some capital crime in Texas.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: side_show on April 03, 2004, 10:52:41 pm
abortions for some, tiny American flags for others.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: Bozack on April 03, 2004, 11:10:42 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
abortions for some, tiny American flags for others.


Best. Simpsons. Quote. EVAR.

I dunno, man, abortion is one of those issues where I feel so strangely and at odds about I don't think I've had an actual conversation about it in several years.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: wombat on April 03, 2004, 11:45:06 pm
I think we should institute a weekly Most Wandering Topic award for threads.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: side_show on April 04, 2004, 01:32:55 am
I like the way the thread went from the totally inoffensive discussion of there being few posts on Friday to the extremely tense topic of abortion rights.  This could get ugly.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: wombat on April 04, 2004, 01:45:13 am
Perhaps it's the stress of Number One and Two's April Fool's prank that has gotten people on edge.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: andalucia on April 04, 2004, 09:04:14 pm
As long as we're keeping it on the level of Simpsons allusions and not actual debate, it's all cool.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: Bozack on April 04, 2004, 09:26:13 pm
Ha, yeah, years of Great Books and Art Appreciation classes have taught me that actual debate is the most pointless thing on Earth, because, at the end of the debate, each party still believes exactly what they believed in the begining, only now, they also believe that all of the other parties are jackasses, or morons, or misguided, etc.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: AugustWest on April 05, 2004, 02:35:02 am
Well personally, I've been gone.  I took a long weekend and went canoeing and giraffeing with my Dad, my brother and my two daughters at Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee.  Beautiful area that's both geologically and botanically unique.  We had fun.

Just got back.  Anything happen while I was gone?
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: jough on April 05, 2004, 06:09:45 am
Spending all of that Jeopardy winning money, August? ;)

And no, it's been pretty slow here until today.  Not that the lurkers and sign-up bots haven't been hitting the server pretty hard.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: arkabee on April 05, 2004, 01:14:48 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I took a long weekend and went canoeing and giraffeing with my Dad, my brother and my two daughters at Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee.  Beautiful area that's both geologically and botanically unique.


unique.   ya, that's a good word for Lake County....
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: AugustWest on April 05, 2004, 01:38:47 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Spending all of that Jeopardy winning money, August? ;)



No, actually my Dad paid for the whole trip, which was cool of him.  I did spend a little tax refund money, however.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: CortJstr on April 05, 2004, 01:57:21 pm
We could always switch over to requiring a log-in to even view the board. Or maybe add one of those "type what you see in this gif" fields to register.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: Nabubrush on April 05, 2004, 09:07:27 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
(A)ctual debate is the most pointless thing on Earth, because, at the end of the debate, each party still believes exactly what they believed in the begining, only now, they also believe that all of the other parties are jackasses, or morons, or misguided, etc.


This is not pointless; this is valuable information.
Title: Deadsville, USA
Post by: Bozack on April 05, 2004, 10:59:54 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
This is not pointless; this is valuable information.

Well, now I just take it as read.