The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Limmo on April 05, 2004, 09:08:38 pm

Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Limmo on April 05, 2004, 09:08:38 pm
So, this season has been one home run after another.  Is anyone else watching?
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 06, 2004, 12:39:37 am
I've seen 2 I think....we have HBO on demand and in this blessed time zone, the episodes air at like 6:00 pm....so we have to wait for the combination of kid asleep and us still awake enough. I'm loving Robert Loggia and Steve Buscemi though.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 06, 2004, 02:03:17 pm
I watch it when I'm at work (free HBO). I think it comes on at 7:00 pm, because we get a feed out of Denver for some reason. I guess it's those damn NSA satellites watching us. Anyway, the episode that dealt with the landscapers was crazy.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Gimpson on April 06, 2004, 03:45:57 pm
I was a bit disappointed with last season, but I held out hope for this season since they left so many threads dangling at the end of the last.  So far, this season has been excellent.  

Also, you CAN NOT go wrong adding Steve Buscemi to anything.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: AugustWest on April 06, 2004, 04:45:47 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"

Also, you CAN NOT go wrong adding Steve Buscemi to anything.


Yeah, he woulda been great in Mary Poppins.  I love that squirelly li'l guy.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 06, 2004, 06:33:58 pm
He's delicious in pancake batter, I can tell you that.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2004, 06:44:55 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
He's delicious in pancake batter, I can tell you that.

See now until this point only my cough was keeping me awake at night. Now I have this wonderful little mental image to keep me up.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: linnea on April 09, 2004, 03:08:58 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I watch it when I'm at work (free HBO).


Awesome. Where do you work? Watching the Sopranos and other fine HBO fare whilst working would frikkin' rule.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 09, 2004, 03:34:23 pm
Really quickly, cause everyone else has already heard it - I got to work for two weeks and stay there during that time. I don't actually watch HBO when I'm on the clock.
OT: Did anyone else notice Diamond Dave on the Sopranos the other night? Playing poker? I thought I was hallucinating.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: jay-ell on April 09, 2004, 05:52:40 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Also, you CAN NOT go wrong adding Steve Buscemi to anything.


I don't watch the Sopranos, but I am Steve Buscemi's little sister.  

Not really, but doesn't this picture look creepily like him?  

(http://www.x-omega.com/jamie/gimmie.jpg)  (http://www.x-omega.com/jamie/buscemi1.jpg)
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Limmo on April 09, 2004, 06:07:51 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

OT: Did anyone else notice Diamond Dave on the Sopranos the other night? Playing poker? I thought I was hallucinating.


Yeah.  I thought he looked only marginally younger than Robert Loggia, and Loggia's hair at least looked natural.   I hate like hell to admit it, but Van Halen chose the right singer for their 2004 reunion.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Gimpson on April 09, 2004, 06:28:48 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

OT: Did anyone else notice Diamond Dave on the Sopranos the other night? Playing poker? I thought I was hallucinating.


Yeah.  I thought he looked only marginally younger than Robert Loggia, and Loggia's hair at least looked natural.   I hate like hell to admit it, but Van Halen chose the right singer for their 2004 reunion.


It went right over my head, but when I saw his name in the credits I had to rewind and look again.  

The years have not been good to David.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 09, 2004, 06:31:17 pm
My sweetie and I saw a guy on the bus yesterday who resembled a young(ish) DLR. He got off at our stop, so we got to see his domicile. I was sad for him, but also amused. She thought he was a pro wrestler, but I maintain that he was a beer truck driver until he got that DUI, and now he works in the warehouse.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2004, 07:48:04 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
My sweetie and I saw a guy on the bus yesterday who resembled a young(ish) DLR. He got off at our stop, so we got to see his domicile. I was sad for him, but also amused. She thought he was a pro wrestler, but I maintain that he was a beer truck driver until he got that DUI, and now he works in the warehouse.

OT: Around Christmas I was at a concert and asked a guy if he was Leviathan/Batista. Apparently it was his brother. I felt quite the Shemp.
Title: Anyone watching The Sopranos?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 11, 2004, 06:01:29 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I felt quite the Shemp.

OK, but remember, feeling Shemp is good!