The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on April 06, 2004, 02:44:11 pm

Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: V-Adore on April 06, 2004, 02:44:11 pm
This one is just like a critical overload of adorable. Probably because of actual Philippe narration -- can't you just picture him riding that bike through the streets?
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: jough on April 06, 2004, 03:17:25 pm
Philippe on a velocipede is indeed the cutest thing I've seen in weeks.

This is hardly a hiatus.  Great strip.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 06, 2004, 05:57:13 pm
I am reminded of Hi Monkey! (http://himonkey.net/).
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2004, 06:21:28 pm
Peter now thinks Americans are even crazier than he did before.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: Nabubrush on April 06, 2004, 06:32:23 pm
I guess it may be just me, but this just doesn't do it for me. That's all I'll say about it, to stem the tide of "if you can't say anything nice" and "fuck off, asshole".
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 06, 2004, 07:18:12 pm
I'm with Nabu. I don't begrudge Onstad a vacation but this content is outside my expectations. I think I have a personal problem with reality and cartoon mixing in some kind of strange way. I like funny cartoons better. On the other hand, a break from the cartooning sometimes results in funnier cartooning afterwards.

Send your nasty comments by private message to spare the rest of the board.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: andalucia on April 06, 2004, 08:19:22 pm
Pssst.... I didn't like it either.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2004, 08:42:57 pm
I have a personal weakness for pictures of stuffed creatures on vacation (using vast quantities of my own time and web-storage space on such, yet feeling I am unworthy to kiss Hi! Monkey's terrycloth feet) but I feel no need to send nasty comments to those who differ.  It is not for everyone.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: Nabubrush on April 06, 2004, 09:15:19 pm
Full circle! Full circle! I have pictures of my own stuffed animal from a massive road trip - but to save you delightful people, I did not post them here. That, and I don't have the wherewithal to do so.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: wombat on April 06, 2004, 09:53:04 pm
Want to send them to me and I will sneak them onto my web site?  (That no good lurker spouse of mine has a lot of nerve complaining about my use of our bandwidth.)
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: Nabubrush on April 06, 2004, 09:56:02 pm
I would love to, but I should tell you to begin with that it may take a couple of days.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: V-Adore on April 06, 2004, 10:13:03 pm
No worries, folks. I mean, this is cute filler, but it's still filler, and god only knows you are not required to like any given strip even when it's an actual strip.

(I wonder where Opus is right now. Sigh.)
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: sailor on April 07, 2004, 12:19:44 am
I'm not a big fan of this week either, but hey, he's still posting every day.

But there is no way Phillipe would ever say "kicking it". Even with quotation marks.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: Noah on April 07, 2004, 01:22:24 am
Yeah, I like it too. But yes, Phillipe would never say "kickin' it", what the hell.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: CortJstr on April 07, 2004, 02:24:01 am
Quote from: "sailor"
I'm not a big fan of this week either, but hey, he's still posting every day.

But there is no way Phillipe would ever say "kicking it". Even with quotation marks.

I bet Ray has been saying it and Philippe is trying to emulate him and be cool. Philippe doesn't yet understand that he shouldn't try to act like the other guys because that actually makes him less cool.
Title: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
Post by: slink on April 09, 2004, 05:00:42 pm
I'm just upset I wasn't in Leith that day. My bro was being smug in email since he is always there (lives along the road from the stadium).

And I didn't know they were going to be in London while I was.
Bah.