The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on April 07, 2004, 11:47:00 am

Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: andalucia on April 07, 2004, 11:47:00 am
This one I found much more endearing than its predecessors.  The part about the sign was pretty charming.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: V-Adore on April 07, 2004, 11:58:12 am
This did sound significantly more Philippe-ish, particularly the sign bit. (I can picture him waiting, being patient to a degree which is frightening even in an alive stuffed animal.)

The "Philippe in very old church" photos are sort of adorable too.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: palm trees on April 07, 2004, 12:20:35 pm
it HAS to be sheffield tomorrow, man. please.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: CortJstr on April 07, 2004, 01:12:27 pm
The sign bit is totally Philippe. But does anybody else think that in stuffed animal form he looks angry?

And who is Ali G?
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: revdj on April 07, 2004, 02:10:30 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The sign bit is totally Philippe. But does anybody else think that in stuffed animal form he looks angry?


I DID notice that!  Angry or petulant!

I agree with the above posters - this one really is endearing.  I loved every picture this time ... it felt like I was reading Achewood :)
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: V-Adore on April 07, 2004, 02:13:32 pm
I, too, have also always found "real" Philippe to be a touch disgruntled-looking. Maybe it's because he doesn't have his trousers or Speaker Sneakers.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: CortJstr on April 07, 2004, 02:43:42 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I, too, have also always found "real" Philippe to be a touch disgruntled-looking. Maybe it's because he doesn't have his trousers or Speaker Sneakers.

It's the way his eye-band dips in the middle combined with the frowny-looking mouth stitching. Stuffed Philippe looks angry and stuffed Lyle looks happy. It's all Bizarro and shit.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: Mantonio on April 07, 2004, 05:05:07 pm
Quote from: "revdj"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The sign bit is totally Philippe. But does anybody else think that in stuffed animal form he looks angry?


I DID notice that!  Angry or petulant!


Maybe the stuffed Philippe isn't the child version of the young otter.

Huh?  Whatever, fag
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: doomglobe on April 07, 2004, 06:11:27 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The sign bit is totally Philippe. But does anybody else think that in stuffed animal form he looks angry?

no. not in the least.
Quote from: "also cortjstr"

And who is Ali G?

http://www.bucktv.net/modules.php?name=EdonkeyLib&d_op=viewdownload&cid=123
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: Nabubrush on April 07, 2004, 07:58:50 pm
I thought this one was much better, thanks. Also, not sure what the link does, but Ali G is sort of a confrontational comic who has a show on HBO where he spouts non-sequiters to people who don't understand.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: Noah on April 07, 2004, 08:12:10 pm
Best break-strip yet, but why is the text so damn blurry/blocky/unreadable??
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: slink on April 09, 2004, 05:02:47 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
it HAS to be sheffield tomorrow, man. please.


Good god why would anyone holiday in Sheffield? I don't even drive through it!
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: V-Adore on April 09, 2004, 05:20:38 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "palm trees"
it HAS to be sheffield tomorrow, man. please.


Good god why would anyone holiday in Sheffield? I don't even drive through it!

It might be for the same reason that some people take road trips through the Midwest: to make you feel much, much better about living wherever you do.

(My grandparents have used this excuse several times to justify going to Fresno.)
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: Nabubrush on April 09, 2004, 05:40:43 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "palm trees"
it HAS to be sheffield tomorrow, man. please.


Good god why would anyone holiday in Sheffield? I don't even drive through it!

I feel exactly the same way about Alaska. Why on earth would anyone ever want to visit there? And yet people do, and spend lots of money doing it.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: V-Adore on April 09, 2004, 05:46:38 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "palm trees"
it HAS to be sheffield tomorrow, man. please.


Good god why would anyone holiday in Sheffield? I don't even drive through it!

I feel exactly the same way about Alaska. Why on earth would anyone ever want to visit there? And yet people do, and spend lots of money doing it.

The best part is when they take the laborious route up to Alaska in their RVs and then spend their vacation parked in the Fred Meyer parking lot. As a kid, we used to go wander the parking lots of Fred Meyer and Alaskaland to see how many different RV plates we could spot.
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: Nabubrush on April 09, 2004, 05:48:36 pm
Yeah, I used to hate it when we'd drive out to Girdwood for a party and there'd just be a clot of 'em blocking the road. We're all "I wanna get high" and they're all "look, I think that dark spot out there is a whale, Ethel!"
Title: Hiatus; Part the Third - April 7th
Post by: V-Adore on April 09, 2004, 05:51:38 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Yeah, I used to hate it when we'd drive out to Girdwood for a party and there'd just be a clot of 'em blocking the road. We're all "I wanna get high" and they're all "look, I think that dark spot out there is a whale, Ethel!"

Oh, god, and when they used to pile off of the tour buses in Fairbanks... they always looked like they expected to see Eskimos swarming around them in full snow gear, and some of them looked decidedly crestfallen at the sight of sullen white kids in T-shirts and shorts sitting there with sodas waiting to mock them. You could see it in their eyes: "we drove how far for this?"