The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: wombat on April 07, 2004, 10:21:01 pm

Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: wombat on April 07, 2004, 10:21:01 pm
No, it's no challenge to find him, he's not going anywhere.  I'd like to think I'm a much better stalker than that.  

However, there is a Poe-Wombat connection: he and I have the same birthday, although it's wrong on his tombstone.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2004, 04:41:21 am
Quote from: "wombat"
However, there is a Poe-Wombat connection: he and I have the same birthday, although it's wrong on his tombstone.


I share a birthday with Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. and Jonathon Winters.  So there.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Choop on April 08, 2004, 04:49:24 am
Someday my name will be on this list (http://www.famousbirthdays.net/september28.htm).

edit: how is it i'm a professional programmer yet can't wrap my head around all this bbCode crap?
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2004, 01:44:25 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Someday my name will be on this list (http://www.famousbirthdays.net/september28.htm).



Wow!  Jerry Clower, Moon Zappa and Arnold Stang!
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2004, 01:46:01 pm
According to that list, Calista Flockhart is a year older than me.  I also share a birthday with Gen. George Patton and (yikes) Charles Manson.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: jough on April 08, 2004, 02:49:28 pm
This site is a little more comprehensive:

On-This-Day.com (http://born-on-this-day.com/cgi-bin/sql_search3botd.cgi?keyword=-Apr+26-&boolean=phrase&field=all&frank=all&case=&boundary=&database=all)

What it doesn't mention is that Chernobyl blew up on my birthday back in 1986.  I was having kind of a crummy birthday and felt responsible.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: jay-ell on April 08, 2004, 05:47:13 pm
Wow!  Ronald Reagan, Aaron Burr, Babe Ruth, and Zsa Zsa Gabor I knew about -- but Rick Astley?  Sonny Bono?  Axl Rose?  Johnny Cash?  Fats Domino?  Bob Marley?  Tom Brokaw?  King Wenceslas?  Mr. Jefferson, the first cloned calf?  Buffalo Bill?  Levi and Johann Strauss?  

LeVar Burton?  LeVar Burton!?!

My mind is blown.  

Blown, I tell you!  
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Bozack on April 08, 2004, 09:33:34 pm
Damn it, I just got John Oates, Nikita Kruschev, the dude from the Buzzcocks, and then about a billion cricket players.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2004, 09:34:53 pm
HA HA!  John Oates!
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 08, 2004, 09:43:07 pm
Two interesting things that happened on the day of my birth:

First, the Chiefs beat the Vikings in Super Bowl IV.

Second, 150-175 false killer whales beached themselves in Florida and subsequently died.  No shit.
http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/pseucras.htm
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 09, 2004, 01:47:26 am
Mine was boring til I got to Diedrich Bader. Also Lemmy (Ian Kilminster), and Spanish poet Juan Ramon Jimenez.

Ironically enough, I can still recite a poem of his from memory since the 8th Grade.

Also, a xxx actress named Maile (Mei Lin) was apparently famous enough to be listed.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Choop on April 09, 2004, 02:05:44 am
Truly, no internet family is so blessed with the gift (?) of topic drift. Methinks it's time for this birthday stuff to be split into a separate thread; unfortunately, I lack that capacity in this forum.

And I apologize for abetting the drift.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2004, 02:13:44 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Also, a xxx actress named Maile (Mei Lin) was apparently famous enough to be listed.


Hyapatia Lee was on my list.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Bozack on April 09, 2004, 03:15:26 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Also Lemmy (Ian Kilminster)...


Did I ever tell you guys that my old boss used to live next door to Lenny? Also, if your REAL name is Kilminster, why not use that? Why not be Lenny Kill or Lenny Killminister or SOMETHING.

It is common sense fact.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 09, 2004, 04:07:57 am
Did your boss call him Lenny or Lemmy?

I found a site that refers to him as Lemmy Killmeister.

That's pretty cool!
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2004, 05:13:08 am
Some really cool people are born on my birthday. I got Dave Grohl, T Bone Burnett and Neil Diamond.  I thought those were the coolest until I got to Joan of Arc.

Honorable Mention-
Jack Jones- Singer of Love Boat Theme
William Bendix- Star of Life of Riley
Faye Dunaway- Actress, Bonnie and Clyde
Sydney Biddle Barrow- The Mayflower Madam

and Jason Bateman, whoo-hoo.

~Paul
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2004, 05:16:15 am
Lemmy is the coolest.

BTW, did he retire?  I heard he was gonna retire because someone stole the leather hat he's been wearing for the past 20 years or something.  This is not a joke.

~Paul
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2004, 01:06:04 pm
Nobody was born on my birthday but the baseball strike a few years back started on my b-day ::metal steve::

(Although now that I think about it, I remember reading on Yahoo that Sir Mix-A-Lot shares my birthday but he wasn't on the site listed above).
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 09, 2004, 02:27:07 pm
Well, Lemmy just recorded with Grohl for P***** - I'm not sure if he can be considered retired. Also, as for the porn stars sharing your birthday, I have a porn star who shares my name! Also, a guy who directed a Stephen Malkmus video.

My B-day:
Shirley Damn Booth!
R Sweet Christ Crumb!
Dick Martin!
David Paymer!
Mary Holy Moley Shelley!
Barbara Tuchman!
Sonny Boy Oh My Yes Williamson!

But:
Cameron Diaz.
Huey P. Long.
John Phillips.
Boaz (I don't know who this guy is, but it don't sound good) Rimmer.
Dr. Ruth.
One of those damn Zappa kids.

Also, in case you couldn't tell I quit smoking (again) yesterday.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: sjlimmer on April 09, 2004, 04:02:09 pm
I share a birthday with Andrea Dworkin and Pope Paul VI.  I'm not quite sure what to make of that.  And when you throw Olivia Newton-John and Serena Williams, it just gets strange.

But I really don't remember the first episode of Knight Rider airing on my birthday.


The things I'll do to avoid writing my thesis.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Bozack on April 10, 2004, 03:59:19 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Did you boss call him Lenny or Lemmy?


Sigh.
He called him Lemmy, as God intended; I just have problems.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: andalucia on April 10, 2004, 04:16:04 pm
You guys and your birthdays SUCK.

Of the ones that I got, Hector Berlioz, Max Born, and Alexander Solzhenitsyn were the only ones that meant anything to me.

Oh, and Nicki Sixx.  I guess all is well.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 11, 2004, 06:15:10 pm
(Pedant alert)

It's Nikki.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: slink on April 11, 2004, 07:05:28 pm
I've not  really checked mine out yet. I tried to but I was too tired.
I will though. Then I'll discover no one even remotely interesting shares it. Although that wouldn't make sense since I knew a family (my best friend's when I was ten) whose contingents birthdays fell on the same as mine. 4 of them at least.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: andalucia on April 11, 2004, 11:29:32 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
(Pedant alert)

It's Nikki.


I'd actually thought so too, but that was how the site spelt it.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Ben-San on April 12, 2004, 12:58:06 am
My most interesting results, skimming over, are Russian novelist Maxim Gorky and yakuza boss Taoka Kazuo. Also Gavin MacLeod.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 12, 2004, 06:44:35 pm
Quote from: "Ben-San"
My most interesting results, skimming over, are Russian novelist Maxim Gorky and yakuza boss Taoka Kazuo. Also Gavin MacLeod.

My Sweetie shares your birthday - and Alf Clausen's!! (music for The Simpsons) Marcel Duchamp, Engels, Ann-Margret, Martin Milner, Raphael, and Vince Vaughn. Lots of sports folks, if you like that, and many amusing people that I won't get into here. But Alf Clausen!!
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: slink on April 12, 2004, 07:17:36 pm
Looks like I share a birthday with:
Fairuza Balk
Leon Bourgeois
Raymond fuck*ng Burr
Gustave-Gaspard Coriolis
Albrecht Dürer
Elizabeth Fry
Terry Lightfoot
Barry Norman
Pobedonostsev
Leo Sayer
Mr T (Lawrence Tero)

And only motherfuck*ng Plato.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: V-Adore on April 12, 2004, 08:10:31 pm
I finally gave into boredom and searched on mine. The results: two separate cast members from "Joanie Loves Chachi" (Art Metrano and Scott Baio), an odd assortment of musicians ("ooh, Nick Cave! ... oh. Debby Boone"), about four prominent botanists, Tommy Lasorda, and Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel.

It's the Baio connection that gets me the most, I think. Ew.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 12, 2004, 08:41:52 pm
Dostoevsky, Grace Slick, Ezra Pound, and the Fonz. I don't know what to think. Oh, and Charles Atlas (thanks to whom I am now two separate gorillas).
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: jough on April 12, 2004, 08:57:01 pm
I never did post mine:

26 April
Marcus Aurelius (Emperor of Rome)
Carol Burnett (actress)
Daniel Defoe (author of "Robinson Crusoe")
Eugene Delacroix (painter)
Duane Eddy (musician)
Giancarlo Esposito (actor)
Robert Herrick (poet)
Rudolf Hess (Hitler's deputy as Nazi party leader)
Giorgio Moroder (composer, sports car designer)
I.M. Pei (architect)
Ma Rainey (blues singer)
Charles Francis Richter (seismologist - the "richter scale" guy)
Bobby Rydell (singer)
Douglas Sirk (director)
Gary Wright ('musician' - "Dream Weaver")
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 12, 2004, 10:53:28 pm
Quote from: "slink"
And only motherfuck*ng Plato.


Daaaam, that's the coolest one yet.  

~Paul
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Nabubrush on April 13, 2004, 01:00:23 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "slink"
And only motherfuck*ng Plato.


Daaaam, that's the coolest one yet.  

~Paul

Hey now, be fair - Jough got Giorgio Moroder.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: slink on April 13, 2004, 02:28:36 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"

Daaaam, that's the coolest one yet.  

~Paul


I have this image in my head of if I invited all these people to a dinner (a la that thing where you invite dead people to dinner). Just to see the conversation between Plato and Mr T.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: andalucia on April 13, 2004, 03:19:02 am
Quote from: "slink"
Just to see the conversation between Plato and Mr T.


My puny human mind cannot even BEGIN to process that idea.
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AugustWest on April 13, 2004, 04:35:45 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "slink"
Just to see the conversation between Plato and Mr T.


My puny human mind cannot even BEGIN to process that idea.


I pity the foo' who don't realize that perception is but shadows on a cave wall!
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2004, 11:52:57 am
August, have I mentioned lately that I love you?
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: CortJstr on April 13, 2004, 01:14:21 pm
I long to be at a formal event where Mr T is present just for the introduction.

"Presenting Mr. and Mrs. Mr T"
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: AugustWest on April 13, 2004, 01:55:47 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
August, have I mentioned lately that I love you?


Aw, shucks...
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Limmo on April 13, 2004, 06:30:06 pm
Elvis Presley
David Bowie
Stephen Hawking
Soupy Sales
Title: You say it's your birthday?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 13, 2004, 07:26:20 pm
That sounds like one hell of a dinner party.