The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: pmcd9 on April 13, 2004, 04:20:56 am

Title: Onstad's Rib Recipe
Post by: pmcd9 on April 13, 2004, 04:20:56 am
The one that appeared in the Variety Hour.  I made this last year and never got around to posting my results.

So here goes...

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7154-E500.jpg)
Start with good good ingredients

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7156-E500.jpg)
Must follow the directions very carefully

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7155-E500.jpg)
Mixing up the sauce

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7157-E500.jpg)
Ok, add the chili sauce now.

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7159-E500.jpg)
Basting

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7163-E500.jpg)
And into the refrigerator til tomorrow

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7164-E500.jpg)
Co-starring Kevin

Day Two:

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7186-E500.jpg)
Building the fire

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7189-E500.jpg)
Kevin likes to kick it up a notch

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7200-E500.jpg)
More basting

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7204-E500.jpg)
Goldie waits for an opportunity

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7207-E500.jpg)
And off the grill

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7201-E500.jpg)
This smells as good as it looks

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7203-E500.jpg)
Dad gives his approval

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7210-E500.jpg)
The cooking is done, it's time to eat

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Ribs/DSCN7211-E500.jpg)
Sucess

~Paul
Title: Onstad's Rib Recipe
Post by: jough on April 13, 2004, 05:32:45 am
Dude, what are you doing with that half-naked young boy?

Paul Paul Paul... you KNOW what happens if you violate your parole one more time...
Title: Onstad's Rib Recipe
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 13, 2004, 06:59:45 am
I had to make sure he was in all the pictures up to the end....I mean, he has ribs too, right?

Seriously, those came out looking VERY good. I imagine they tasted awesome too. And now I'm thinking I need to buy a rack or two...definitely not a specialty of the house here, but dang they look good.
Title: Onstad's Rib Recipe
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2004, 11:43:24 am
That's beautiful.  And heartwarming.
Title: Onstad's Rib Recipe
Post by: V-Adore on April 13, 2004, 02:30:58 pm
I'm not even going to comment on the half-naked towheaded youth, but hell, those look like fine ribs.