The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Asherdan on April 13, 2004, 10:51:11 pm

Title: Littletrees
Post by: Asherdan on April 13, 2004, 10:51:11 pm
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
Title: Littletrees
Post by: andalucia on April 13, 2004, 11:57:08 pm
Oh man, that's gorgeous.

Many thanks for the heads-up.
Title: Littletrees
Post by: slink on April 14, 2004, 01:23:30 am
Oh yeah, hadn't got around to checking it again since I saw the first part!
Been waiting for new Weing for donkeys before this, and I sure do miss The Journal Comic!
Title: Littletrees
Post by: Choop on April 14, 2004, 01:30:54 am
Now, Pup is something that can inspire me to sign up for serializer. Drew's just got this great, oh, I don't know, what? Je ne sais quois, maybe? Whatever that means. --Not that Onstad doesn't, but Drew's strips all seem so different from each other, and maintain an artistic style across them - and then there's toothpastefordinner, totally unlike all the rest.

Onstad has basically the same style in his prose/advice/etc writing as he does in his imaging, and it's a totally different draw, but if I can get most of it for free, I'm not gonna pay for a little tiny bit of it. Maybe for my birthday I'll sign up and read every archived serializer strip.
Title: Littletrees
Post by: V-Adore on April 14, 2004, 02:43:43 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Now, Pup is something that can inspire me to sign up for serializer. Drew's just got this great, oh, I don't know, what? Je ne sais quois, maybe? Whatever that means. --Not that Onstad doesn't, but Drew's strips all seem so different from each other, and maintain an artistic style across them - and then there's toothpastefordinner, totally unlike all the rest.

Er, I was under the impression that toothpastefordinner Drew was an entirely different Drew from our esteemed Weing. If I'm wrong, the man has one hell of a range on him.

Anyway, this new project looks utterly fab. Perhaps I will sign up for Serializer for "Pup" (and, hell, read that Onstad mook's stuff while I'm there).
Title: Littletrees
Post by: slink on April 14, 2004, 11:44:01 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Er, I was under the impression that toothpastefordinner Drew was an entirely different Drew from our esteemed Weing.


He is.
Title: Littletrees
Post by: Choop on April 14, 2004, 12:16:50 pm
Whew! Sorry about that, I guess I was confused. Or high. Or just stupid, I don't know. I've been reading too much cheap fiction lately and people with the same name now just have to be the same people. It only works when that's the case.
Title: Littletrees
Post by: andalucia on April 14, 2004, 08:13:41 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Er, I was under the impression that toothpastefordinner Drew was an entirely different Drew from our esteemed Weing. If I'm wrong, the man has one hell of a range on him.


I had that problem too for a long time.  Not the one where I was an internet comic artist and kept getting confused with someone with the same given name and profession, but the Drew mixup itself.  Tricksy.