The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ndpatel on April 14, 2004, 07:47:41 am

Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: ndpatel on April 14, 2004, 07:47:41 am
one day i'm going to write a slow jam called girl, i got that refresh action.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Ben-San on April 14, 2004, 10:27:47 am
So is the pot for consumption or do you put your ear to one leaf and talk into another to communicate with the angels?
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: pubdoggy on April 14, 2004, 11:20:53 am
Quote from: "Ben-San"
So is the pot for consumption or do you put your ear to one leaf and talk into another to communicate with the angels?


I think whatever you do with it, it'll still come out as unfunny.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: slink on April 14, 2004, 11:44:43 am
Quote from: "pubdoggy"

I think whatever you do with it, it'll still come out as unfunny.


Meow!

I don't always think they have to be funny though. I quite like this without it being funny.
I don't know.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 14, 2004, 12:05:39 pm
I mostly like how fiction is veering dangerously close to truth here. You just know that someone out there has actually written this diatribe, or something dangerously close to it.

Anyway, this isn't that funny in and of itself, but I'll keep waiting to see what Onstad's planning to do with it. All's well that ends well, eh?
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Choop on April 14, 2004, 12:15:28 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I mostly like how fiction is veering dangerously close to truth here. You just know that someone out there has actually written this diatribe, or something dangerously close to it.


Of course- for example, Dianetics, by L. Ron Hubbard.

Ray done gone all crazy on that fingernail schnapps.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 14, 2004, 02:10:47 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I mostly like how fiction is veering dangerously close to truth here. You just know that someone out there has actually written this diatribe, or something dangerously close to it.


Of course- for example, Dianetics, by L. Ron Hubbard.

I was thinking of the vast archives of alt.sci.physics.new-theories, myself, but anything goes.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: CortJstr on April 14, 2004, 04:26:46 pm
I'm normally one of those accused of fawning over anything he posts, but today gets a resounding "meh" from me.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: jay-ell on April 14, 2004, 04:38:48 pm
Ray's outfit reminds me of Brown Paper Pete.  You know the legend of Brown Paper Pete, right?  He was a notorious criminal who was eventually captured and hanged in the Old West.  They called him Brown Paper Pete because of his strange style of dress.  He wore a brown paper hat, a brown paper shirt, brown paper chaps, even brown paper shoes.  

Do you know what they hanged him for?  






Rustlin.'
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AugustWest on April 14, 2004, 04:45:02 pm
Boo to that!
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 14, 2004, 06:48:56 pm
JLD, you are my hero. I'm passing that bugger on.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Bozack on April 14, 2004, 06:50:41 pm
That reminds me of a time a pirate walked into my bar...with a STEERING WHEEL STICKING OUT OF HIS #####!
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 14, 2004, 06:52:35 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
That reminds me of a time a pirate walked into my bar...with a STEERING WHEEL STICKING OUT OF HIS *****!

Arrrrr, it be drivin' 'is nuts?

(I read that first as "steering wheel sticking out of his *****," which makes me just wonder how hard Chucklebot parties.)
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: andalucia on April 14, 2004, 08:09:42 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(I read that first as "steering wheel sticking out of his #####," which makes me just wonder how hard Chucklebot parties.)


Me too.  I like days when the threads quickly surpass the comic in humour.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 14, 2004, 08:29:44 pm
Arrrr! This wheel be drivin me nuts! I'll have to remember that one. I'm getting good mileage from  Brown Paper Pete, too.

I like both these jokes.

Also the answer to the cannabis leaf to the ear question:

First you have to shove the potato up your....

never mind.

two weeks off usually brings the funny. I'll be a little more patient. I mean, I lasted through the abduction of Phillippe, so I can take anything.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AugustWest on April 14, 2004, 08:46:53 pm
What did the giraffe say when it ran into a concrete wall?
















Damn!
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: andalucia on April 14, 2004, 09:14:56 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I mean, I lasted through the abduction of Phillippe, so I can take anything.


Yeah, but those strips astounded me visually every day.  This... not so much.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: andalucia on April 14, 2004, 10:10:14 pm
Good call, Asherdan.  
I recall the first time I heard that joke.  I was sitting in a friend's tiny smoky apartement and he put down his guitar, looked up thoughtfully, and recited what I thought then to be the most clever thing ever.  I was sorely disappointed a while later when I learned that he hadn't invented it, but it remains one of my faves.  I wish I knew jokes.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: jay-ell on April 14, 2004, 10:27:20 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

This made him a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.


 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

::stands, cheers::
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: CortJstr on April 14, 2004, 10:54:14 pm
This kind of makes me wish I knew some good (read: bad) ones. I only know those we've all heard a million times.

Like a magician was walking down the street and he turned into a restaurant.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: sailor on April 14, 2004, 11:32:39 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm normally one of those accused of fawning over anything he posts, but today gets a resounding "meh" from me.


Well, shit, I thought it was funny.
Back in high school, i had eaten some shrooms one day and frantically drew a diagram that explained the relationship between the physical and astral planes and how your postion on the astral plain between lives determined your place of birth and astrological sign in the next life.


I'm not kidding, I still have it.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Formica on April 15, 2004, 12:12:30 am
Ray's starting to sound like a Cubic thinker (http://www.timecube.com) crossed with some of those free energy (http://www.free-energy.cc/) people and "Bob." (http://www.subgenius.com)

Hook me up with some of that schnapps, yo.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 15, 2004, 01:23:43 am
Quote from: "sailor"

Back in high school, i had eaten some shrooms one day and frantically drew a diagram that explained the relationship between the physical and astral planes and how your postion on the astral plain between lives determined your place of birth and astrological sign in the next life.

See, I had a friend in high school who believed something like that without shrooms being involved -- she and two of her friends were the "soul-daughters" of the goddess Kali and were better people because their souls were unique and not mass-produced like everyone else's. My friend was a guardian dragon on the Astral Plane as her power, apparently.

(I think she gave this up after six months or so, but I haven't asked her lately, so who knows?)
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 15, 2004, 04:39:18 am
A dragon guardian and daughter of Kali was in NEBRASKA?
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 15, 2004, 04:41:41 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
A dragon guardian and daughter of Kali was in NEBRASKA?

Yes. Three soul-daughters of Kali were in Nebraska, in fact, along with a young man they claimed to be a reincarnation of the Marquis de Sade. There may have been a causal relationship there, albeit not the one that they first imagined.

(Later, they explained to me that one of my past lives had been a Victorian-era alchemist. This struck me as possibly being the saddest thing.)
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: andalucia on April 15, 2004, 04:45:13 am
Would you really really rather be a former dragon-guardian?  Turning stuff into other more valuable stuff isn't so shabby.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 15, 2004, 04:47:28 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Would you really really rather be a former dragon-guardian?  Turning stuff into other more valuable stuff isn't so shabby.

Well, the image I have of a Victorian-era alchemist is this little guy in his lab, hunched over a primitive burner, energetically giving himself heavy-metal poisoning and God only knows what else -- while, meanwhile, guys like Mendeleev are actually doing chemistry.

Maybe I'm just bitter because, according to them, my two past lives were both alchemists and I still didn't manage that Philosopher's Stone shit.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AugustWest on April 15, 2004, 04:49:53 am
Sometimes I am astounded by the lengths that people (myself included) will go to in order to avoid admitting that we have pathetically boring lives.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Mantonio on April 15, 2004, 06:34:29 am
Whaddaya call a skunk that can fly?







A smellicopter!
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Gimpson on April 15, 2004, 01:23:32 pm
What did the number 0 say to the number 8?


Nice Belt!
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: pubdoggy on April 15, 2004, 01:28:52 pm
How does Bob Marley like his Donuts?
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 15, 2004, 08:32:57 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Sometimes I am astounded by the lengths that people (myself included) will go to in order to avoid admitting that we have pathetically boring lives.


I just like how far we walk away from the strips that offer us less to talk about.

So, PubDoggy, how does Bob Marley like his donuts?
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Gimpson on April 15, 2004, 09:05:41 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
So, PubDoggy, how does Bob Marley like his donuts?


Is it Wi' Jam In?
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: TALKYdude on April 15, 2004, 09:13:57 pm
My first post evar!
Update from Onstad:
Quote
hold on, I'm doing "aim" with a friend in Argentina

Man is this guy TALKY!

Jesus dude SHUT UP ALREADY
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 15, 2004, 10:04:34 pm
Dunston, tell your husband to leave Onstad alone so he can write a comic today.

Thanks.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: jay-ell on April 15, 2004, 10:55:01 pm
It's not my man.  Must be his grandfather.  

Gooooordio!  Attende!
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: CortJstr on April 15, 2004, 10:57:36 pm
Ooo, last time I checked the Jesus part wasn't there.

It's nice to have updates.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 15, 2004, 11:35:10 pm
I think I'd rather have content. There was talk of syndication a week or two back; content will be something of a requirement if that happens.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Bozack on April 16, 2004, 03:26:31 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I think I'd rather have content. There was talk of syndication a week or two back; content will be something of a requirement if that happens.


....Dude, have you ever READ Cathy?
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: pubdoggy on April 16, 2004, 08:07:31 am
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
So, PubDoggy, how does Bob Marley like his donuts?


Is it Wi' Jam In?


bingo. everyone's a winner.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: V-Adore on April 16, 2004, 12:13:56 pm
And now he's exclaiming to us about how jet lag is a furtive mistress. Funny and all, but goddammit, write a comic already. At this point I'd settle for a Naked Teodor "thanks for reading my comic!" strip.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Nabubrush on April 16, 2004, 02:26:30 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm normally one of those accused of fawning over anything he posts, but today gets a resounding "meh" from me.


Well, shit, I thought it was funny.
Back in high school, i had eaten some shrooms one day and frantically drew a diagram that explained the relationship between the physical and astral planes and how your postion on the astral plain between lives determined your place of birth and astrological sign in the next life.


I'm not kidding, I still have it.

Scan and post plz thx. I think I may need this information.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: Mite on April 16, 2004, 08:47:43 pm
I've been AWOL a while, so this is a bit late in coming. But I gotta say, Onstad did his research. Ray's theories sound a whole lot like the stuff that got sent to my uni's physics club (in which I was, of course, an officer) by people whose theories were so powerful they were being deliberately ignored by the physics establishment. Or something like that. How sending their shit to a bunch of drunken nerds was gonna change the status quo, I can't say.

Also, I'd heard the Gandhi joke as "...plagued with halitosis", but "hexed by" is so much better! It's one of my favorites!
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 19, 2004, 01:30:49 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I think I'd rather have content. There was talk of syndication a week or two back; content will be something of a requirement if that happens.


....Dude, have you ever READ Cathy?


Um, no. But the newspaper never ran reruns of it or photos of stuffed animals in it's place either. Shitty content is better than no content, and Cathy had that going for her.
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: pmcd9 on April 19, 2004, 01:47:49 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Shitty content is better than no content


Actually, no.  I'll take a weeks worth of pictures of Phillipe over a years worth of ACK!!!

~Paul
Title: potato power is untraceable power (4.16.04)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 19, 2004, 02:04:47 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Shitty content is better than no content

Actually, no.  I'll take a weeks worth of pictures of Phillipe over a years worth of ACK!!!


True dat...I meant within it's own context, though. Shitty Cathy content is NOT better than pictures of Phillippe. But shitty Achewood content is...
Title: Donald trump
Post by: Acanthopagrus on April 19, 2004, 04:06:05 am
what's with all this Donald Trump talk.

Ray is dressed as the Donald Trump of the Bum world and T' is mouthing off calling him a douchebag.

could there be a guest appearance by the man himself?
Or has Chris just been watching too much reality TV.