The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on April 18, 2004, 07:28:11 pm

Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: pmcd9 on April 18, 2004, 07:28:11 pm
Or, I wore my new glasses to work and nobody noticed.

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOHAWK/DSCN8734-E500.jpg)
My Mother looks on in disgust.  Where did I go wrong she asks herself.

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOHAWK/DSCN8736-E500.jpg)

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOHAWK/DSCN8738-E500.jpg)

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOHAWK/DSCN8743-E500.jpg)
This is the same woman who gave me the mullet (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=874)

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOHAWK/DSCN8752-E500.jpg)
Also, I've now sold my motorcycle so Jough should have no beef with me posting this (http://www.paulmcrae.com/Miscellany/why_you_should_buy_this_triumph.htm)

~Paul
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: andalucia on April 18, 2004, 07:53:49 pm
Paul, you. are. rad.


I am not sure quite what else I can say about this besides that.  Congratulations though.
Title: Re: I got a Mohawk
Post by: jough on April 18, 2004, 08:03:58 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, I've now sold my motorcycle so Jough should have no beef with me posting this (http://www.paulmcrae.com/Miscellany/why_you_should_buy_this_triumph.htmrcycle)


Since "this" is a 404 Not Found error, I have no problem with you posting it.

Chacun à son goût.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: jough on April 18, 2004, 08:06:21 pm
So Paul, what do you do for a living?

And, as a corollary, what did your boss think of your new 'do?
Title: Re: I got a Mohawk
Post by: pmcd9 on April 18, 2004, 08:33:03 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, I've now sold my motorcycle so Jough should have no beef with me posting this (http://www.paulmcrae.com/Miscellany/why_you_should_buy_this_triumph.htmrcycle)


Since "this" is a 404 Not Found error, I have no problem with you posting it.

Chacun à son goût.


Not anymore.

~Paul
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: pmcd9 on April 18, 2004, 08:49:31 pm
Quote from: "jough"
So Paul, what do you do for a living?

And, as a corollary, what did your boss think of your new 'do?


I do pipe design and drafting.

I work here.

(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8638-ES500.jpg)

My boss hasn't seen my new do yet.  I'll let you know tomorrow how she reacts.  Should I be concerned?

~Paul
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: jay-ell on April 18, 2004, 09:51:30 pm
You win.  

No way are my cornrows gonna even try to compete with that...

Congrats.  Looks awesome.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: jough on April 18, 2004, 10:36:20 pm
The mohawk is the second most hardcore haircut that a man can have.

The first is total shaveness.

If you work around customers and such, you may be required to cut it or lose your job.  Otherwise, I can't imagine problems with a hairdo like that.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: V-Adore on April 19, 2004, 12:05:37 am
Goddamn. RIP, Paul's mullet.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: andalucia on April 19, 2004, 12:17:31 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
You win.  

No way are my cornrows gonna even try to compete with that...

Congrats.  Looks awesome.


I can only hope that this turns into some sort of board competition.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: slink on April 19, 2004, 01:32:41 am
Quote from: "andalucia"

I can only hope that this turns into some sort of board competition.


Wow. Well, I'm sure not getting involved. Finally I get to an equilibriun - short, but still purple.... Not about to fuck around with it.

Good to see the back of the mullet though Paul. Good work!
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 19, 2004, 01:57:05 am
You could have had a Mohawk-Mullet! Long in the back, the Mohawk that keeps on giving down to your belt. That would be awesome!

I am going the other way and growing my hair out and working on a goatee, Ever since I read that clean-shaven and short hair was in this year.

Gotta be me.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: Nabubrush on April 19, 2004, 01:57:42 am
Quote from: "jough"
The mohawk is the second most hardcore haircut that a man can have.

The first is total shaveness.


However, often total shaveness totally blows - for example, my brother.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: AugustWest on April 19, 2004, 02:00:49 am
I'm sticking to what works for me.  Goatee plus 1/4 inch all over.  

I gotta go upstairs and fire up the clippers now.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: pmcd9 on April 19, 2004, 02:25:46 am
Quote from: "jough"
The mohawk is the second most hardcore haircut that a man can have.

The first is total shaveness.


For me, this mohawk is a stepping stone to total shaveness.  But I disagree, the mohawk is much more hardcore than totally bald.  It's more imposing, not that i'm actually imposing in any way.  I just want to be a little different, see if I can get drug tested again.  Also, the bald look is much more common whereas the mohawk is rare and virtually non existant in my age group.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Goddamn. RIP, Paul's mullet.


I had to cut it so I could go back to making fun of them.

Quote from: "Andalucia"
I can only hope that this turns into some sort of board competition.


That, my dear girl, is exactly the point.  But I think JL is right.  The only way you'll give me any competition is if one of you girls gets a Mr. T cut or one of the dudes goes for a Marge Simpson beehive.

I returned to the barber and traded my tradional Mohican for a punk mohawk.
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MOHAWK/DSCN8754-5-ES.jpg)

Next week i'll return and have it trimmed short into a Travis Bickle (http://campushook.com/?pg=profile&u=5273) mohawk.

~Paul
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: pmcd9 on April 19, 2004, 02:32:12 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

However, often total shaveness totally blows - for example, my brother.


I always think i'm gonna be looking like Yul Brenner when I shave my head, but I always wind up looking more like Uncle Fester instead.

~Paul
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: AugustWest on April 19, 2004, 02:39:52 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
I always think i'm gonna be looking like Yul Brenner when I shave my head, but I always wind up looking more like Uncle Fester instead.

~Paul


Um, no comment.

No matter who you look like, you sir, are a hoot.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: Bozack on April 19, 2004, 05:29:11 am
Did I ever post my mohawk picture?
(http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/haircut.jpg)
That's one. This was around for like 5 days, in between shaving it all. I had fun with it, I may regain it when I go to Bonnaroo this summer. Nothing says, I hate damn dirty hippies than the good ol' Bickle.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: V-Adore on April 19, 2004, 05:45:29 am
Wow, I am abruptly shamed by my relatively normal human hair. At the rate we're going, I may have to post my Anime Boston cosplaying pictures just to recoup a certain amount of board indie cred.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: andalucia on April 19, 2004, 11:53:14 am
Bozack, that's a very charming photo.
I've been growing my hair out for a while now trying to escape an era of Bad Hair- first, when it was very short and caused me to get mistaken for a boy, and then when I grew it out and it was exactly the same as boyfriend-of-the-time's hair.  So I'm not going to sacrifice my progress for Internet Hubris, even if I am egging the competition on.
But by way of I USED TO BE HARD CORE [for my age], here's a photo of my mum and me (aged 9) that shows the hairstyle I wore for my of my late-childhood, with my bangs usually either red or blue with manic panic (http://www.manicpanic.com/).  Verily, I was an odd kid.

(http://www.zippyimages.com/files/19103/rad-core.jpg)
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: V-Adore on April 19, 2004, 02:12:09 pm
Wow. That's classy.

(Although I understand that Manic Panic is a definite step up, I still am reminded of my friend in seventh grade who dyed her hair green using Kool-Aid and thus shed a fine green film everywhere for about three weeks. I still wonder how angry her mom must have been.)
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: Nabubrush on April 19, 2004, 02:21:18 pm
I never had crazy hair, except for a stretch of time in 1988 or so when I had a very inadvisable mullet with those crazy stripes shaved into the side of it. There are, thankfully, no pictures extant.

I am growing some off the hook sideburns which I'm going to turn into muttonchops at the rate I'm going.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: Bozack on April 19, 2004, 10:51:04 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
...when I had a very inadvisable mullet with those crazy stripes shaved into the side of it.


Awesome. AWESOME.
Yeah, I'm thinking about shaving it back, but I can't until after (sigh) prom.
Oh, and this thread has got me thinking: when I (maybe) get my cock pierced tomorrow....should I start a thread called "I Got a Hole In My Dick," complete with pictures?
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 19, 2004, 11:26:54 pm
Seconded. Don't mention it again. Although, it does definitely give new life to an old phone prank:

"Did you put Prince Albert in someone's can?"
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: CortJstr on April 19, 2004, 11:54:54 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anime Boston cosplaying pictures

I hereby step down as dorkiest person here. Long life the Queen!
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: jough on April 20, 2004, 12:07:01 am
If anyone ever mentions penile piercing again they will be banned from this board.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: Limmo on April 20, 2004, 01:06:54 am
I'll see if I can dig up my old UMASS ID card with me sans hair.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: V-Adore on April 20, 2004, 01:26:11 am
Man, I totally don't think I needed to know at all about any given board regular getting a hole in their secret junk.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: Nabubrush on April 20, 2004, 03:57:15 am
Piercing can be a somewhat sketchy subject of discussion - unlike giraffe placenta.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: Bozack on April 20, 2004, 04:17:29 am
Hmmmm, I see. This needs to go into the FAQ:

Giraffe placenta- Fine.
Gential Piercing- NOT ALLOWED.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: andalucia on April 20, 2004, 11:27:59 am
I still think placenta is is a way way more repellant "bit" to be talking about than any run-of-the-mill genitalia and its adornments.
Title: I got a Mohawk
Post by: CortJstr on April 20, 2004, 02:02:02 pm
And you just know giraffe placenta's going to be a theme ingredient for Iron Chef America this weekend.

Also, 64 slices of America cheese!