The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: arlucasinc on April 20, 2004, 05:29:31 pm

Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: arlucasinc on April 20, 2004, 05:29:31 pm
Just when you think you've heard it all from Beef. It's so good to see that he's able to take advantage of those moments where he has the upper hand.

I also like the fact that he's basically telling Teodor to STFU.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: sjlimmer on April 20, 2004, 05:32:09 pm
Yeah, hearing Beef taunt Ray has made my morning.  I must work the phrase "hangover ham" into my lexicon.  Perhaps I'll try it out this weekend.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: miles on April 20, 2004, 05:34:30 pm
You smell like six asses.

Possibly the five funniest words I have read in as many days.  Ummm...
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: Bozack on April 20, 2004, 05:44:37 pm
Wow, yeah. This strip alone makes up for the entire interim stuff. Hot damn, funny stuff.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: wombat on April 20, 2004, 05:57:23 pm
Also mention something about the carrot.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: slink on April 20, 2004, 06:22:43 pm
This strip makes up for... most of the ills caused by mankind.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: AugustWest on April 20, 2004, 06:24:59 pm
Worth the set up, no doubt about it.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: AugustWest on April 20, 2004, 06:33:41 pm
Congrats on your new title, Slink!
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: Gimpson on April 20, 2004, 06:37:32 pm
Brain Cheeks.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: sailor on April 20, 2004, 06:50:27 pm
I'd think that Alka-Seltzer stuffed between yr brain cheeks would be a reasonably quick hangover cure route.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: V-Adore on April 20, 2004, 07:00:48 pm
I do have to agree with Beef: being Ray's friend probably is like watching a never-ending film loop of a kid riding his bike into a telephone pole.

Yes, this was worth the setup.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: arkabee on April 20, 2004, 07:14:46 pm
best strip ever?

"or are you just going to whine this one out" is phenomenal,
but,

when did beef get balls?
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: slink on April 20, 2004, 07:34:44 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Congrats on your new title, Slink!


Cripes. Jeepers.
Missed that!
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: CortJstr on April 20, 2004, 07:39:48 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
when did beef get balls?

When he realized there are no consequences. He knows Ray won't remember anything so he can fire away without worrying about it.

And does "small amount of carrot" imply to anybody else that it's actually several pieces or perhaps a mush?
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: ndpatel on April 20, 2004, 10:35:24 pm
i just realized that onstad doesn't know the words to jesse's girl.

or that he knows something about rick springfield the rest of us don't.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: jough on April 20, 2004, 11:04:47 pm
I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: andalucia on April 20, 2004, 11:06:34 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Also mention something about the carrot.


This was my favourite part as well.  I read it as him making a mental note.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 20, 2004, 11:20:25 pm
Beef being merciless is fabulous. This is one of my favorites.

Brain cheeks....hangover ham......too much gold to carry away at one time....
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 20, 2004, 11:59:37 pm
Look again at Ray's glasses. This strip is rad.
Title: today's strip
Post by: llimllib on April 21, 2004, 12:20:52 am
today's strip is so good that I almost registered to post about it here.
Title: Re: today's strip
Post by: AugustWest on April 21, 2004, 02:36:30 am
Quote from: "llimllib"
today's strip is so good that I almost registered to post about it here.


Well thank God you didn't!
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: side_show on April 21, 2004, 11:57:06 am
Quote from: "jough"
I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.


on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

More on topic: loved the "krink" effect of the paper suit.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2004, 12:05:14 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

Wow. Maybe I'm just terminally confused, but I'm not sure how poorly you have to be listening to "Lola" to conclude that it's a breakup song about anything except the Crying Game thing. That's epic.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: side_show on April 21, 2004, 12:35:12 pm
He thought the last line of the song was:

"I know what I am, I'm a man, I'm a man, and so does Lola"

rather than

"I know what I am, I'm a man, I'm a man, ans so is Lola"

one word, big difference.
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on April 21, 2004, 02:14:27 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "jough"
I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.


on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

More on topic: loved the "krink" effect of the paper suit.

Swet comic and everyonce covered what I like. However, "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" is a hell of a question to have to ask, isn't it?
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: jough on April 21, 2004, 02:32:11 pm
Around these parts we refer to all transsexuals as "lolas."

Like, a friend of mine will note that a particular chick is pretty hot, and I'll inform him "Dude, she's a Lola."
Title: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
Post by: side_show on April 21, 2004, 05:21:29 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "jough"
I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.


on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

More on topic: loved the "krink" effect of the paper suit.

Swet comic and everyonce covered what I like. However, "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" is a hell of a question to have to ask, isn't it?


Not if you know my friend or his ex-girlfriend.