The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on April 21, 2004, 07:27:03 pm

Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: jough on April 21, 2004, 07:27:03 pm
Beef is harsh, but Ray's got a point.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: CortJstr on April 21, 2004, 07:37:09 pm
I'm confused. Are they back at the hotel? If so why is Ray still wearing newspaper? Where is Lyle and why isn't he mad ripping on Ray?
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: misterhaan on April 21, 2004, 07:38:33 pm
something about today's comic just feels like it's not real--like maybe ray or beef is imagining it?  maybe it's just going against the idea i had in my head of beef's character--he seems too introverted to ever actually do something like this.

even so "oh my goodness whoops is that your academic ranking in our senior class" is pretty hilarious!  also i think beef autographed the ray's-name-spelled-out-in-sriracha-chili-pepper-sauce-on-saltines, but maybe that's onstad's autograph
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: misterhaan on April 21, 2004, 07:40:16 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm confused. Are they back at the hotel? If so why is Ray still wearing newspaper? Where is Lyle and why isn't he mad ripping on Ray?


either today's strip is being imagined like i suggested, or theodore didn't approve of beef's fun and walked away.  lyle wasn't ever there as far as i know
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: Gimpson on April 21, 2004, 07:40:56 pm
I do not generally pack Sriracha chili pepper sauce when I travel.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2004, 07:41:51 pm
I personally would have called this thread "makin' whale noises," but that's me.

I find this -- well, entirely plausible, even respectable characterization. I like that Beef quoted Tori Amos in his salutatorian address, too.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: CortJstr on April 21, 2004, 07:42:38 pm
Quote from: "misterhaan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm confused. Are they back at the hotel? If so why is Ray still wearing newspaper? Where is Lyle and why isn't he mad ripping on Ray?


either today's strip is being imagined like i suggested, or theodore didn't approve of beef's fun and walked away.  lyle wasn't ever there as far as i know

It looks like panels 3 and 4 are in the hotel but the rest are still on the street. I know Lyle wasn't there I just think he'd make some funny jokes if he saw Ray like this. He's probably still out druink someplace. I guess Mr. Bear is watching Philippe.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: ferocious j on April 21, 2004, 07:44:41 pm
It is possible, you know, that Teodor is simply out-of-frame, as this particular conversation focuses on the Ray/Beef interplay.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: slink on April 21, 2004, 08:13:48 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

Now that's a phrase that's just gonna hang around in my vocabulary awaiting the most inappropriate time ever to leap out of me.


Likewise! Oh yes indeed.

And Cort, I'm pretty sure it was like an imagined kitchen, or panel splitting for the imagined bits of it or something.
But they're certainly still in the street.

This was as good if not better than yesterdays!
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: Bozack on April 21, 2004, 08:35:34 pm
Along with "makin' whale music," this comic has added another phrase to the parlance of our times, although not directly:
"So funny, a little pee came out."
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: AugustWest on April 21, 2004, 08:45:01 pm
Who is daddy's idiot?
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: AugustWest on April 21, 2004, 09:10:40 pm
Huh.  Apparently, I am.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: sailor on April 21, 2004, 10:18:38 pm
I didn't know ray was so old. but, hey maryanne was number 1! We all knew the cat had class.


FEMALE AGE GROUP:  40 - 44
Place   No. Name                Age City                    Time
===== ===== ==================  === =====================   =====
    1    34 Maryanne Feldman     44 Homewood           AL   59:57            
    2   226 Denise Martin        42 Brandon            MS 1:00:03            
    3   101 Jennifer Bentley     43 Trussville         AL 1:03:15            
    4   233 Nancy Blackwood      43 Gadsden            AL 1:04:31            
    5   188 Ginger Wallace       44 Dadeville          AL 1:04:41            
    6   189 Carolyn Sadler       44 Jacksons Gap       AL 1:04:57            
    7   186 Alesia Ridgeway      41 Fyffe              AL 1:09:41            
    8   172 Karen Williams       43 Trussville         AL 1:18:34  

yo reado dos math books!
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: andalucia on April 21, 2004, 10:30:43 pm
Yeah, the past few days have been pretty great in terms of isolated phrases*.  Therefore, I presume Onstad travels with a little notebook to write down his most cleverest of jests.  Not that there is any shame in that.





*And also as a whole, etc.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2004, 11:42:05 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Huh.  Apparently, I am.

I hate it when these things sort of ambush you.
Title: 346 out of 350 - 21 April 2004
Post by: palm trees on April 22, 2004, 12:29:54 am
i still don't quite understand what the fuck is going on with those plates. wtf? wtfingf?