The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jough on April 21, 2004, 07:35:10 pm

Title: 4:20
Post by: jough on April 21, 2004, 07:35:10 pm
Okay, yesterday I was accosted by innumerable burnouts who were very interested if I had celebrated 4/20.

I figure at least one of you was/is a dirty hippie, so could you please explain the significance of 4:20 or 4/20 to smoking mary-ju-wanna?.

My best guess is that 420 is the police code for possession or something, but I can't find anything about the history of this number/date/time on the interweb (which in itself is unusual).
Title: 4:20
Post by: CortJstr on April 21, 2004, 07:39:58 pm
http://www.snopes.com/language/stories/420.htm
Title: 4:20
Post by: slink on April 21, 2004, 08:13:00 pm
I am, and was a dirty hippy.
Though I hate hippies. Tree hugging fuckers, and they just refuse to argue! Pisses me off royally.

But no I sat here high on 20/4 and thought, 'wow, the American's really don't get the whole day/month thing'.
Title: 4:20
Post by: misterhaan on April 21, 2004, 09:39:31 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
http://www.snopes.com/language/stories/420.htm


obviously, if you smoke pot, you must be celebrating hitler's birthday and are probably a nazi.
Title: 4:20
Post by: jough on April 21, 2004, 09:48:30 pm
Obviously.
Title: 4:20
Post by: andalucia on April 21, 2004, 10:43:10 pm
I was accosted by piles of burnouts yesterday too.  Most of my friends are hippies or members of other particularly marijuana-suffused subcultures.  So I swore not to get high, just to spite 'em!  

Of course, it happened anyways.
Title: 4:20
Post by: slink on April 21, 2004, 11:08:10 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"

Of course, it happened anyways.


I would usually have tried to avod smoking on a day so steeped in American stoner parlance, but it did signify the third day in a row I'd gotten high after what was pretty mucha six month break.
So no way was I trying sober out again that soon.
Title: 4:20
Post by: Nabubrush on April 22, 2004, 01:45:18 am
I quit smoking pot way before the whole 4:20 thing - but it cracks me up that stoners think it's so clever.
Title: 4:20
Post by: miles on June 27, 2004, 04:58:22 pm
It's an old thread, but I have to add...

I high school, I had a parking space my senior year.  It was 420.  I had hoped that it would make me popular, but no such luck.  My loser friends were amused by it, for a while anyway.  I never did light up on school grounds though.  That would have been bad news.

I would really like to right now, however.  Please?