The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jough on April 22, 2004, 02:40:18 am

Title: Server Outages
Post by: jough on April 22, 2004, 02:40:18 am
Hey kids,

If you've noticed the server's been slow or down over the past two days, that's due to the board's parent site (http://plagiarist.com) having a big site-wide redesign and inviting traffic by placing an advert or being featured in a story in a few magazines and online literary sites.

Meanwhile, as if the extra traffic didn't take its toll, I changed the layout of the URL strings throughout the site and search engine spiders noticed that there were now 250,000 "new" links on the site, and began banging the server like a back-room Thai whore.

Anyway, I think the initial wave is over, and things should be working much faster now.

Visitor traffic to the board is also up.  I guess the kids have nothing better to do now that final exams are coming up.

Please be courteous and genteel to our new guests - JL and I are the only ones who get to be harsh and cruel.
Title: Server Outages
Post by: CortJstr on April 22, 2004, 02:12:30 pm
I'm glad the problems are on your end. I thought my job finally decided to add the board to its censorware list.
Title: Server Outages
Post by: jough on April 22, 2004, 03:05:20 pm
Alas, no.
Title: Server Outages
Post by: slink on April 22, 2004, 04:08:10 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Alas, no.


Meow?
Title: Server Outages
Post by: CortJstr on April 22, 2004, 11:44:59 pm
Damn! He said I'm ugly and my breath stank.
Title: Server Outages
Post by: Nabubrush on April 23, 2004, 02:17:55 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Damn! He said I'm ugly and my breath stank.

I believe that word is spelled "bref".
Title: Server Outages
Post by: CortJstr on April 23, 2004, 01:03:24 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Damn! He said I'm ugly and my breath stank.

I believe that word is spelled "bref".

How's this: Day-amn!  He said I uglay and my bref stank.