The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on April 23, 2004, 11:36:56 am

Title: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: V-Adore on April 23, 2004, 11:36:56 am
A bit of an anticlimax, really, but I still enjoyed this strip.

The real question in my mind: is Ray being honest, or is this a cover for having been so totally destroyed by Beef and/or spending all his money on currywurst?
Title: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: CortJstr on April 23, 2004, 01:13:46 pm
Lamb burgers or visiting the Berlin Wall. That is a tough call.
Title: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: Mantonio on April 23, 2004, 02:11:01 pm
Hey, I thought Lyle got a mouth for Christmas. Maybe he pawned it for booze.  Also, think he'll keep his promise about looking at cathedrals in a library book the next time he get's a chance?
Title: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: Nabubrush on April 23, 2004, 02:17:44 pm
Todd absolutely would have a GG Allin concert on VHS (and I'm somewhat surprised that wasn't the inflight entertainment) and I think this disturbs me more than anything else about Todd.
Title: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: V-Adore on April 23, 2004, 02:51:15 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Hey, I thought Lyle got a mouth for Christmas. Maybe he pawned it for booze.  Also, think he'll keep his promise about looking at cathedrals in a library book the next time he get's a chance?

He inexplicably is half-mouthed in this strip. It's very odd, really, and frankly off-putting.
Title: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: jough on April 23, 2004, 04:33:10 pm
It's funny - when I first read this strip I guess I didn't notice that it was RAY in the shower - I thought it was Beef, and I was about to post something here about how I like Beef's newfound sense of self - but then its' Ray... so...

I think what through me off was the Beefesque all lower case in the first panel.
Title: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: andalucia on April 23, 2004, 08:14:08 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Todd absolutely would have a GG Allin concert on VHS (and I'm somewhat surprised that wasn't the inflight entertainment) and I think this disturbs me more than anything else about Todd.


That was the point that stood out for me too.  Excellent character reinforcement.
Title: Re: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
Post by: sailor on April 23, 2004, 09:22:31 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
A bit of an anticlimax, really, but I still enjoyed this strip.

The real question in my mind: is Ray being honest, or is this a cover for having been so totally destroyed by Beef and/or spending all his money on currywurst?


I think it's pretty obvious that Ray's all tryin to get back on top of his game after all that humiliation.

and who cares if Lyle's got a mouth or no, at least he's gettin' a few damn lines for fook's sake.