The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on April 28, 2004, 09:39:03 am

Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: V-Adore on April 28, 2004, 09:39:03 am
First detail that comes to mind: hey, it's Blister! And his voice retains its heavenly timbre when recorded!

Second: Uh... okay. Sorta funny, I guess.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: Ben-San on April 28, 2004, 10:44:18 am
It must be said of Todd that he does not let incapability prevent him from following his dreams.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: andalucia on April 28, 2004, 10:45:53 am
One of my friends has a strategy that when he says something that's slightly offensive or just not funny, he just keeps going with it until it becomes so ridiculous that everyone laughs.

I'm pretty sure that's the idea behind this romance novel story arc.  It's just not working all that well.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: V-Adore on April 28, 2004, 12:03:06 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
One of my friends has a strategy that when he says something that's slightly offensive or just not funny, he just keeps going with it until it becomes so ridiculous that everyone laughs.

I'm pretty sure that's the idea behind this romance novel story arc.  It's just not working all that well.

To be fair, I thought the original strip was funny; there were some good turns of phrase, and it was fun to see Mr. Bear again. These two, rather less so. Onstad needs to remember that sometimes a good one-shot strip should stay a one-shot strip, because that won't strain the joke.

At least he didn't devote two weeks to giving us "Danger At 2 1/2 Feet" in its entirety.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: jough on April 28, 2004, 03:00:17 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "andalucia"

At least he didn't devote two weeks to giving us "Danger At 2 1/2 Feet" in its entirety.


He's saving that for Serializer.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: CortJstr on April 28, 2004, 04:34:01 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
One of my friends has a strategy that when he says something that's slightly offensive or just not funny, he just keeps going with it until it becomes so ridiculous that everyone laughs.

This is known as the David Letterman Gambit. Witness his use of "Uma/Oprah" for years after the whole thing started.

So it's just Todd and Ron Jeremy alone right now? Dang, maybe his license plater holder really is accurate.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 28, 2004, 06:29:58 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"
One of my friends has a strategy that when he says something that's slightly offensive or just not funny, he just keeps going with it until it becomes so ridiculous that everyone laughs.

This is known as the David Letterman Gambit. Witness his use of "Uma/Oprah" for years after the whole thing started.

So it's just Todd and Ron Jeremy alone right now? Dang, maybe his license plater holder really is accurate.


I thought the same thing...the only element missing is the bumper sticker -maybe ol' Ron gives him that WITH the van.

It's like a twisted kind of Elvis giving away something different than Cadillacs.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: miles on April 28, 2004, 09:23:15 pm
So is today's strip not coming up for anyone else?  And then I had a brilliant idea.  I typed in the forlmula for the "permanent link" and up it came!  I thought you guys were hallucinating.  Ron Jeremy?  Heh!  You crazy bastards!

So anyway, why isn't the strip coming up when I bring up http://www.achewood.com?  It's still stuck on the 27th, even after I hit refresh.

Funny, though, I guess.  But, hell, what isn't funny when you are drunk at 3:30 in the afternoon.  Yesterday's was better.

Cheers!
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 28, 2004, 11:41:26 pm
I have had no such problem, and no such problem now.

I think you are under the influence of a controlled substance.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: Bozack on April 29, 2004, 01:22:38 am
He is all twisty on green.
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: miles on April 29, 2004, 01:46:58 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I have had no such problem, and no such problem now.

I think you are under the influence of a controlled substance.


Damn it!  I swear!  I'm not making this shit up!  Maybe I'm being targeted by the FBI, for my subersive behavior.  Yes, that's it.  Well, I won't quit!  Freedom!!!
Title: Why it is lucky that Ron Jeremy is there -- 28 April
Post by: Limmo on April 29, 2004, 05:43:16 am
No, you are not insane.  The only reason I was able to read today's strip was by going to the archives, accessing the 4/27 strip and hitting the red arrow to today.  The website is now not coming up for me either.