The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on April 29, 2004, 09:34:46 am

Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: pmcd9 on April 29, 2004, 09:34:46 am
Did my abscessed tooth pain wake me up at 4:00 just so I could be the first to comment on this awesome strip?  Favorite part, Beef has fired up the Weber to grill a solitary wiener.

~Paul
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: pubdoggy on April 29, 2004, 10:28:11 am
From the very top drawer. Beef is having Ray's life at the moment - which has to be a good thing. Ray's contortions are beautifully visualised - that is EXACTLY the face I'd make if my secret Barbie Porn stash was rumbled.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: andalucia on April 29, 2004, 11:15:15 am
Quote from: "pubdoggy"
Ray's contortions are beautifully visualised.


Very very agreed.  In a world where mouths are intermittent, this is a fine one indeed.
Title: Re: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: arlucasinc on April 29, 2004, 12:37:54 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Did my abscessed tooth pain wake me up at 4:00 just so I could be the first to comment on this awesome strip?  Favorite part, Beef has fired up the Weber to grill a solitary wiener.

~Paul


Absolutely. The best. Just him, a grill and a weiner.

But you know what adds even more to that? The fact that he's grilling in his shirt and tie.

Sometimes I wish that I could be Roast Beef. Minus getting shot all the damn time.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: miles on April 29, 2004, 02:21:55 pm
That last panel is just priceless.  That look on Ray's face.  Beautiful.  Today will be a good day after all.

Sounds like Ray needs a little help from his friend (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10192001).
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: miles on April 29, 2004, 02:30:42 pm
"I...I had to look a lotta stuff up for my advice column!"

And, man, isn't that just the classic excuse for naughtiness on the computer.  Umm, I was doing research, I swear!  My uncle told me once he needs to know what is out there so he can know what to protect his kids from.  Ha!
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 29, 2004, 02:51:29 pm
Quote from: "miles"
"I...I had to look a lotta stuff up for my advice column!"

And, man, isn't that just the classic excuse for naughtiness on the computer.  Umm, I was doing research, I swear!  My uncle told me once he needs to know what is out there so he can know what to protect his kids from.  Ha!


I've actually gotten a similar excuse from a friend before.  Kind of a weird guy to start with, but it gets deeper when you hear him say, "I need it for research for my book.  My anime book."

"Would that be your blue-haired teenager with boobs the size of kick-balls in horrible bondage being sexually assaulted by an octopus creature  anime book?"


"Yes, I'm self-publishing."
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: V-Adore on April 29, 2004, 02:52:28 pm
I love how this is a near-total inversion of the Porno (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002) strip. It's a sign that Ray and Beef's relationship is changing, to Beef's benefit.

And that is rad, yo.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Gimpson on April 29, 2004, 03:07:28 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love how this is a near-total inversion of the Porno (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002) strip. It's a sign that Ray and Beef's relationship is changing, to Beef's benefit.


Is Beef retaliating against Ray for shaming him earlier, even though it was only in Beef's dreams that he was called out by Ray?

Also, I was unable to locate any cake-smashing porn with a quick Google search this morning.  I'll have to try again sometime, because that sounds incredibly hot.  Maybe I could ask Ray to send me a link...
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: miles on April 29, 2004, 03:51:09 pm
Thanks for posting that link.  That strip is so beautiful!  Roast Beef!  That lady don't have no under##### on!

Is Ray getting dumber?  Or am I getting wiser to his dumbness?  If you remember the Simpsons from the first season and before, Homer wasn't that dumb of a guy.  He got dumber as the years passed, and some fans saw it as pandering to a dumber and younger audience.  Sometimes it seems to me that Ray gets dumber with each strip.  Not in a bad way, mind you, it's kind of a cute dumb.

I think Beef has just put up with Ray's crazy antics for too long, so he is beginning to get snappy with him.  I think he'll get over it soon.  It happens with a couple of my friends all the time.  I'll think I've had enough of their dumbass ways, but then I just get over it.  And I'm sure they are that way with me too.

I love how I am analyzing Beef as if he isn't a cartoon character.  I do the same thing with the Simpsons.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love how this is a near-total inversion of the Porno (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002) strip. It's a sign that Ray and Beef's relationship is changing, to Beef's benefit.

And that is rad, yo.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: AugustWest on April 29, 2004, 04:01:01 pm
Quote from: "miles"

And, man, isn't that just the classic excuse for naughtiness on the computer.  Umm, I was doing research, I swear!  My uncle told me once he needs to know what is out there so he can know what to protect his kids from.  Ha!


I call that the "Pete Townshend" syndrome.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: CortJstr on April 29, 2004, 04:20:50 pm
How many other people here have had to do exactly what Beef is doing? I can't make it through a workday without at least one, "sigh, I'll be over in a minute."

But at least Ray is smart enough to know that he has spyware, which is more than I can say for most of my coworkers. Hell, I'm impressed he knows the term.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Gimpson on April 29, 2004, 05:54:53 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
How many other people here have had to do exactly what Beef is doing?


My coworkers here are mostly computer literate, though there was one woman who would always forward bogus virus warnings to the entire department.  She's a manager now.  

I did spend about a year and a half doing tech support for an ISP in Arkansas.  I'd guess the #2 most frequently asked question was "How do I erase my browser's history?"
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: jough on April 29, 2004, 05:58:37 pm
In 2004, I have no sympathy for anyone who surfs where they shouldn't surf while at work.

SAVE THE PORN VIEWING FOR HOME, LADIES
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: llimllib on April 29, 2004, 06:53:57 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I'd guess the #2 most frequently asked question was "How do I erase my browser's history?"

And the #1 was?
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Gimpson on April 29, 2004, 07:10:12 pm
Quote from: "llimllib"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I'd guess the #2 most frequently asked question was "How do I erase my browser's history?"

And the #1 was?


Q:  Why can't I log in?
A:  Your caps lock key is on.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: jough on April 29, 2004, 07:28:58 pm
Dan, is that a photo of you wearing an outfit resembling a giant piece of beef?
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 29, 2004, 08:24:33 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love how this is a near-total inversion of the Porno (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002) strip. It's a sign that Ray and Beef's relationship is changing, to Beef's benefit.


Is Beef retaliating against Ray for shaming him earlier, even though it was only in Beef's dreams that he was called out by Ray?

Also, I was unable to locate any cake-smashing porn with a quick Google search this morning.  I'll have to try again sometime, because that sounds incredibly hot.  Maybe I could ask Ray to send me a link...


Not that I subscribe, but there is this British magazine called  Splosh  (http://www.splosh.co.uk/home.htm) that is nothing but naked women sitting in or smearing themselves with food.
I thank HBO's REAL SEX 23 (who remembers the number, really) for giving me this information which I pass on to you. I would not suggest clicking at work.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: jough on April 29, 2004, 08:30:07 pm
No, sploshing doesn't have to be naked.  I first heard about it from John Waters, where he described it as something that HE found "weird."

Sploshing is about people becoming sexually aroused by people smushing around in food.  They don't have to be naked. In fact, in Splosh, they usually aren't.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 29, 2004, 08:47:05 pm
That sure wasn't the case on TV, though. And the dude in charge was definitely not the guy who would prefer they do this activity wearing wetsuits...or anything, for that matter.

Your defense of 'Sploshing' as an activity is unseemly....do I smell macaroni and cheese?
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 29, 2004, 09:12:50 pm
As Norm once said on Cheers, "It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing milk-bone underwear".
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: andalucia on April 29, 2004, 11:08:26 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Doug McKenzie


As a Canadian, DEAR GOD NO.
What's next, Stompin' Tom?
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Bozack on April 29, 2004, 11:40:53 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Doug McKenzie


As a Canadian, DEAR GOD NO.
What's next, Stompin' Tom?


Excuse me? Hoser?
How about you, umm, you know. TAKE OFF.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Ben-San on April 30, 2004, 12:12:31 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
But at least Ray is smart enough to know that he has spyware, which is more than I can say for most of my coworkers. Hell, I'm impressed he knows the term.


I dunno. If I had to hazard a guess (which I will declare myself to have to do right now) it would be that Ray saw a popup ad saying something to the effect of "YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH SPYWARE! DOWNLOAD SPYWARE-SLAUGHTERER NOW!", downloaded Spyware-Slaughterer, got the popup again regardless, and realized that this spy-ware business was beyond his power to combat.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: andalucia on April 30, 2004, 12:49:10 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Excuse me? Hoser?
How about you, umm, you know. TAKE OFF.


I've had friends who thought it was funny to put on a Bob and Doug McKenzie record in the middle of a productive eve of lying around stoned.  There is nothing at all ok about that.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: CortJstr on April 30, 2004, 12:49:38 am
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "llimllib"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I'd guess the #2 most frequently asked question was "How do I erase my browser's history?"

And the #1 was?


Q:  Why can't I log in?
A:  Your caps lock key is on.

Okay in my own defense the Caps Lock light on my work keyboard had just burned out. I didn't know!
Title: Paul
Post by: pmcd9 on April 30, 2004, 01:29:23 am
With regards to Splooshing, I can't see the apeal personally, but at least it didn't make me want to gouge out my eyes.

Also, god bless vicodin.

~Paul
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: miles on April 30, 2004, 04:49:31 am
Oh my god those photographs are not arousing what is Ray thinking

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Not that I subscribe, but there is this British magazine called  Splosh  (http://www.splosh.co.uk/home.htm) that is nothing but naked women sitting in or smearing themselves with food.
I thank HBO's REAL SEX 23 (who remembers the number, really) for giving me this information which I pass on to you. I would not suggest clicking at work.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: slink on April 30, 2004, 12:46:25 pm
Sorry to derail ever so slightly (onto on topicness no less), but I was saving catching up til today.
Wow.
They've been good but this one had some fine moments. I am amused by the corporate sponsorship, as well as Ray's disgruntled face. How superb!

I was also impressed the day before that Todd can refer to 'Todd's romance novel' but then to 'T-T-Todd'.
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 01, 2004, 01:42:50 am
Oh, the good old hockey game
It's the best game you can name
And the best game you can name
Is the good old hockey game.


Up next:  The Tragically Hip, "Fifty Mission Cap."
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: Nabubrush on May 01, 2004, 04:12:52 pm
Sing "Helmet Head" by Great Big Sea for us after that, ok?
Title: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
Post by: andalucia on May 01, 2004, 05:00:37 pm
*tears of shame*
Title: withnail and I, on hot dogs...
Post by: doomglobe on May 02, 2004, 11:16:12 pm
Danny:
You're looking very beautiful man. Have you been away? St. Peter preached the
epistles to the apostles looking like that. Have you got any food.

Marwood:
Mmm, As a matter of fact, got a savaloy.

Danny:
How much is it?

Marwood:
You can have it for nothing.


*Danny sniffs the sausage. Withnail enters from the kitchen gluing the sole
back on his shoe. He is wearing a rather expensive looking suit.*
Title: Re: withnail and I, on hot dogs...
Post by: Acanthopagrus on May 03, 2004, 08:52:14 am
Quote from: "doomglobe"
Danny:
You're looking very beautiful man. Have you been away? St. Peter preached the
epistles to the apostles looking like that. Have you got any food.

Marwood:
Mmm, As a matter of fact, got a savaloy.

Danny:
How much is it?

Marwood:
You can have it for nothing.


*Danny sniffs the sausage. Withnail enters from the kitchen gluing the sole
back on his shoe. He is wearing a rather expensive looking suit.*



Danny:
I see you're wearing a suit.