The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Noah on May 04, 2004, 10:23:58 pm

Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Noah on May 04, 2004, 10:23:58 pm
Who are Communiqué, and what do they have to do with Achewood?
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 04, 2004, 10:25:29 pm
Is this a riddle like that part in the hobbit where the little hobbit guy ask and the lizardy guy ask each other all manner of obscure word-game riddles or is this basically like a real actual question?
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Noah on May 04, 2004, 10:32:13 pm
this is basically like a real actual question
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: V-Adore on May 04, 2004, 10:41:09 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Is this a riddle like that part in the hobbit where the little hobbit guy ask and the lizardy guy ask each other all manner of obscure word-game riddles or is this basically like a real actual question?

Man, what has 'stad got in his pockets?

Besides presumably a bottle of Ancient Situation for emergencies.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: V-Adore on May 04, 2004, 10:45:12 pm
Anyway, this is being moved to Achewood and the Media, because it's probably some dumb thing like that.

MODERATE'D
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: andalucia on May 04, 2004, 10:52:21 pm
I wasn't willing to risk the mp3s after the front-page foisted that synth-pop menace upon us.  Anyone have any reviews?
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Noah on May 04, 2004, 11:21:54 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, this is being moved to Achewood and the Media, because it's probably some dumb thing like that.

I thought Achewood in the Media was for when OTHER websites mentioned Achewood.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 04, 2004, 11:52:30 pm
No one is blaming you, Noah.

We all know that you did your best.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Noah on May 05, 2004, 12:10:06 am
god dammit, I did...no one reads this board! I want answers. I want the TRUTH.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Choop on May 05, 2004, 01:05:12 am
Jeez, who is this guy?
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Choop on May 05, 2004, 01:13:18 am
Noah, sorry. Didn't mean to enflame you further. Anyway, didn't you know most of us don't look at the site any more, just the comic?

Shamefully, I listened to the ...uh, thing linked to by the banner graphic and it's pretty terrible. Imagine this:


( (Loverboy+Journey)/2 - Van Halen + Phantom Planet ) / ZZ Top = Communiqué


Quote
The concept of the variable can take it in the pooper!
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: V-Adore on May 05, 2004, 02:09:38 am
Quote from: "Noah"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, this is being moved to Achewood and the Media, because it's probably some dumb thing like that.

I thought Achewood in the Media was for when OTHER websites mentioned Achewood.

Perhaps in explicit mission statement, but in the past it's been used for discussion of that, Achewood mentioning other things, merch discussion, and other intersections of Achewood and the world. In any event, it's certainly more appropriate here than it was in the forum devoted to discussion of daily strips.

Nothing personal. Everybody misposts sometimes.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: jay-ell on May 05, 2004, 02:38:59 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Everybody misposts sometimes.


Didn't Michael Stipe do that song?
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 05, 2004, 03:42:30 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
MODERATE'D


What, are you Trogdor now?

~Paul
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 05, 2004, 03:43:13 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Everybody misposts sometimes.


Didn't Michael Stipe do that song?


I thought it was Wang Chung.

~Paul
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Noah on May 05, 2004, 04:00:10 am
I'm not angry at all. I was just confused about where to post what. And with "I want the TRUTH." I just wanted to play "GREAT MOMENTS IN CINEMA BROUGHT TO YOU BY ROOMBA! THE *****IC FLOOR VAC." Oh, and yeah, the music does kind of...suck.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: AugustWest on May 05, 2004, 04:09:39 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"

( (Loverboy+Journey)/2 - Van Halen + Phantom Planet ) / ZZ Top = Communiqué


Quote
The concept of the variable can take it in the pooper!


I think your equation is missing The Hooters.  That or Night Ranger.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Choop on May 05, 2004, 04:11:34 am
Night Ranger would have fit in place of ZZ Top, but it would have left a general impression much cooler than Communiqué really deserved.


ZZ Top was cool, damnit, and these lice weren't.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 05, 2004, 05:28:42 am
I'd like to point out that despite his frustration and this boards residents general propensity to bust balls on a regular basis, Noah held his own quite well.
Title: Re: Communiqué?
Post by: arkabee on May 05, 2004, 01:01:12 pm
Quote from: "Noah"
Who are Communiqué, and what do they have to do with Achewood?


i dunno, their website doesn't seem to have any gleamable info on it to explain why their linked, either.

and now that everyone has said how crappy the mp3's are, i'm frightened of listening to them for fear that i'll post "me too", but without listening to them i can not try and discern the achewood connection.

what a conundrum.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: wombat on May 05, 2004, 01:36:22 pm
I am thinking that we complain about Onstad's musical taste because we hate the fact that he links to his friends' bands and not to our messageboard.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Nabubrush on May 05, 2004, 01:44:38 pm
I kind of like the fact that he doesn't link to the message board. It's less incestuous that way. I was always sort of split on the idea of having the artist right there in the room.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: V-Adore on May 05, 2004, 02:12:52 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'd like to point out that despite his frustration and this boards residents general propensity to bust balls on a regular basis, Noah held his own quite well.

Well, I personally wasn't having an argument with Noah. I've just been sort of moderatin'-happy lately, that's all.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: Nabubrush on May 05, 2004, 02:18:26 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'd like to point out that despite his frustration and this board's resident's general propensity to bust balls on a regular basis, Noah held his own quite well.

This won't do anyone any good if they end up in the trunk of his car.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: St_Zartan on May 17, 2004, 09:17:07 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
I am thinking that we complain about Onstad's musical taste because we hate the fact that he links to his friends' bands...


..."bands" like MYCC. Seriously, though, what do you say when a close friend has poured a great deal of themselves into a creative project that just isn't very good at all?

HERE READ THESE .DOC FILES I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS STORYLINE FOR MONTHS AND I THINK IT'S JUST ABOUT READY TO FEDEX

Why, force yourself to find a couple of highlights, point them out smilingly, and let that stand in place of actual commentary, of course. That and include them on your links page (http://www.jerkcity.com/jerkcity668.html).

Quote from: "wombat"
...and not to our messageboard.


Yeah, because what this message board really lacks in legitimacy it could make up with thousands of Expensive BitchTM one-post accounts.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: slink on May 17, 2004, 10:15:50 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Yeah, because what this message board really lacks in legitimacy it could make up with thousands of Expensive BitchTM one-post accounts.


And then we can start deleting posts made from said accounts as the accounts themselves are deleted, thus plunging the entire board into confusion.

I like the fact that we meet in the alley behind the bar to share handwarmed whisky from paper bags, while Onstad and his Californian high-roller young-elite friends sip expensive cocktails indoors. So we miss out on the lively debate of existentialism in cartoons of the 80's, but we don't have that weirdo hocking t-shirts by the toilet door.
Title: Communiqué?
Post by: V-Adore on May 17, 2004, 11:03:43 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
something about MYCC and sucking

Actually, I don't think MYCC is one of the sucky Stad's-Friends bands; I know they've done some decent stuff. Communique, on the other hand, appears to just totally blow all over the place.