The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on May 05, 2004, 11:20:04 am

Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: wombat on May 05, 2004, 11:20:04 am
I am not usually one to complain about my free entertainment, but lately I have been thinking about how I miss Philippe.

I know this is not really about today's strip.  Carry on.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 05, 2004, 12:54:16 pm
Beef all lettin' his out-of-work porn star creativity wander, and Teodor and Ray just letting him go.

Perhaps I'll drive to LA and trade the wife's Jetta for a convertible Mustang.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on May 05, 2004, 01:07:31 pm
It's supposed to be "all barrel for a suit". Peter North selling brushes door to door in a barrel and coconut outfit . . . actually, I think I've seen that porno.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: pierced lemur on May 05, 2004, 01:50:05 pm
"Some crude semblance of a business-like derby"

Beautiful.

I think this will be the next big trend.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: slink on May 05, 2004, 03:14:26 pm
It is some of Beef's finest dialogue today, though I can sympathise with you missing Philippe. Since now that you mention it...
But I am trying to be well behaved. He can do what he wants!
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: Pedro Picasso on May 05, 2004, 03:23:27 pm
Quote from: "slink"
But I am trying to be well behaved.


Sure you're being well behaved, Slink... if that is your real name!!
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: slink on May 05, 2004, 03:57:10 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

Sure you're being well behaved, Slink... if that is your real name!!


I told people I changed it to Bilbo Farnskworth for a few hours first, just to test the waters.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: CortJstr on May 05, 2004, 04:27:42 pm
I'm going to have to question my cousin about his '86 Mustang convertible now. Maybe his environment clean-up of Ft. Detreich is just a cover story for boning Bunny Love and Aurora Snow.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: Limmo on May 05, 2004, 04:29:56 pm
Further proof Onstad's never been to L.A.  Feel free to substitute "silver Porsche Boxster" for every Mustang reference in today's strip.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: V-Adore on May 05, 2004, 04:45:20 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

Sure you're being well behaved, Slink... if that is your real name!!


I told people I changed it to Bilbo Farnskworth for a few hours first, just to test the waters.

Bilbo Farnksworth is also a fabulous name, man. It's just... just glorious, really.

Beefly monologues are an automatic win in my book. I also like the general return to gag strips; it's a pleasant change from the Giant Plot What Onstad Won't Let Die And Eventually Fails to Resolve.
Title: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
Post by: linnea on May 06, 2004, 06:29:51 pm
Heh. The legacy of my fair city -- the Denver boot.

Beef is so awesome. I keep getting this hilarious mental picture of an angry porn star, hopped up on gak, pulling a Homer and trying to drive with the boot on his/her Late-Model Mustang Convertible. Heh. Classic.