The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on May 06, 2004, 09:54:51 am
-
Hooray, it's Philippe! Thank you Mr Onstad who does not read this messageboard!
-
dammit man, beef is becoming an alcoholic.
i should have seen: first he's all "that beer that's like fwwwsh" then he's just living off guinness, bread and butter (anyone read down and out in paris and london)?
i worry. :(
-
This strip raises many questions:
Is Philippe turning into some kind of slacker?
What the hell is the deal with the fourth panel?
Is Beef drinking because he believes the Philippe campaign is going down the tubes?
There's something odd about this strip...
-
Yeah, Beef should just give up on this.
Philippe isn't a slacker, he's just too dopey to get anything done.
-
This is funny, but yeah, in some regards it seems "off" to me. Why is Philippe dressed, first of all? And why is he being nearly deliberately malicious to Beef? I can accept the idea that Beef drinks sometimes, albeit not as much as Ray, but... sigh. Please let this be from the Mirror Universe.
-
What the hell is the deal with the fourth panel?
Seconded. Exactly the same as panel two, with Yaaaay! right after he said Okay! - pretty much filler.
I do like panel five, and the appearance of Philippe's clothing in said panel.
-
Should I know who "Jackie D" is? Because I don't.
-
Apparently it is rad to be an alcoholic.
-
Should I know who "Jackie D" is? Because I don't.
I assume it's a Jack Daniels reference. I would have expected Beef to be drinking Ancient Situation or Liquid Banjo or something else, though.
-
I think it's kind of amusing. Onstad brought back this storyline from weeks ago, and Phillipe has forgotten/lost interest. I like his hat.
-
Onstad brought back this storyline from weeks ago, and Phillipe has forgotten/lost interest.
Actually, from that perspective it is kind of funny. I feel like Philippe does about his candidacy.
-
No, it is not rad. We need to intervene.
And yes, that is a bottle of Jack, I am sure.
I thought the strip was kinda funny. It started off with good potential--Philippe dressed in his Howard Dean costume, but this time with baseball cap on. He looks positively cute. The middle panels seem phoned in, as they say, but the last one is extremely awesome. Quite beautiful.
Apparently it is rad to be an alcoholic.
-
This is funny, but yeah, in some regards it seems "off" to me. Why is Philippe dressed, first of all? And why is he being nearly deliberately malicious to Beef? I can accept the idea that Beef drinks sometimes, albeit not as much as Ray, but... sigh. Please let this be from the Mirror Universe.
I don't think Philippe is being malicious I just think that he's 5. He's lost interest in the campaign "game" and he's ready for something else. That's why he didn't do his homework and is all sing-songy. Maybe he's ready for hide and seek.
-
Oh no. I realized I was assuming without evidence that Ancient Situation was a real product - but Google reveals no evidence of it. I am heartbroken. I really wanted to go out and buy some.
-
Did anyone else imagine Philippe swaying and moving his arms to the tune of "No Opinion"? If I get some free time, it will be my new avatar.
-
Oh no. I realized I was assuming without evidence that Ancient Situation was a real product - but Google reveals no evidence of it. I am heartbroken. I really wanted to go out and buy some.
I think it's a reference to the Bourbon "Ancient Age", which is made at a distillery I pass to and from work each day.
-
I think it's a reference to the Bourbon "Ancient Age", which is made at a distillery I pass to and from work each day.
This is a tragically less interesting name.
-
Oh no. I realized I was assuming without evidence that Ancient Situation was a real product - but Google reveals no evidence of it. I am heartbroken. I really wanted to go out and buy some.
I have dreams about strollin' into the liquor store and seeing a bottle of Ancient Situation. Until then, I want 'Stad to do a tshirt w/ the AS label. All black and rad.
oh yeah, and this strip sucked.
-
Did anyone else imagine Philippe swaying and moving his arms to the tune of "No Opinion"? If I get some free time, it will be my new avatar.
Oh yes. Oh yes indeed.
I do like Philippe with his little cap on. It really suits him.
-
ok, 2 questions:
>does anyone who saw this early share my sneaking suspicion that the "yayyy" panel wasn't there? i know onstad changed the alt-text, but i might just be imagining things.
>man, every time i come on this board, someone points out something wrong with a strip, and i notice it and it makes me sad.
-
Yeah, the alt text was different, but cannot remember what it said before. as for the 'Yaaaay' ..it was there as early as I wrote my email to mom ...might've been around 6 something in the morning. forget.
I'm just happy to see Philippe back.
-
The alt text used to say "Oh no roast beef is became an alcoholic" or something else respectless to his characters and audience.
-
Exactly the same as panel two, with Yaaaay! right after he said Okay!
My patented scientific method of comparing two very similar panels (put them side by side and cross my eyes and see what doesn't focus) reveals that they are in fact identical except for Philippe's right eyebrow, which is at a different angle.
Maybe that means something. I dunno.
-
Exactly the same as panel two, with Yaaaay! right after he said Okay!
My patented scientific method of comparing two very similar panels (put them side by side and cross my eyes and see what doesn't focus) reveals that they are in fact identical except for Philippe's right eyebrow, which is at a different angle.
Maybe that means something. I dunno.
It means that You. Are. Rad.