The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on May 11, 2004, 05:29:04 am

Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: V-Adore on May 11, 2004, 05:29:04 am
Okay, now I officially have no goddamn idea what the hell is going on.

Did he just forget how to draw Ray?
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: ndpatel on May 11, 2004, 07:04:37 am
the dude's quitting smoking, man.

also: fuck that.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Acanthopagrus on May 11, 2004, 07:27:44 am
Quitting is something I do not recommend doing. It makes you feel so bad it can’t be good for you.

What the hell happened to tick tack?  
It looks like Ray is holding a starters pistol.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Noah on May 11, 2004, 08:16:14 am
Ah, it's explained in Ray's Place. Poor Ray...
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Gimpson on May 11, 2004, 12:40:59 pm
I was happy to see that Ray keeps a lucky in his pack...  I'm sure it'll be the last to be flushed.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: MSC on May 11, 2004, 01:02:30 pm
"Cancer cock."  

Fabulous.

They should start using that in those "quitplan" commercials.  If that don't get you to quit...
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Nabubrush on May 11, 2004, 01:28:09 pm
1) The concept of the lucky cigarette is just a bad idea. They are inherently unlucky, in that they will kill you.
2) Here's proof that Onstad reads these boards, in that I just quit smoking.
3) This is not really proof, in that I am more a Beef type guy, and Beef I guess still smokes.
4) I don't know the song in the alt-text, and when I looked it up on AMG, none of the results were even in the same galaxy.
5) I am operating this machinery under the influence of narcotics.

(Edit) #2 is not "prook" of anything.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: pierced lemur on May 11, 2004, 01:34:30 pm
Quote from: "Acanthopagrus"
What the hell happened to tick tack?  
It looks like Ray is holding a starters pistol.


It's a cap gun. See Ray's Place.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: V-Adore on May 11, 2004, 02:22:34 pm
I was aware of the general "quitting smoking" idea, but yeah, now that Ray's Place is up, we have context.

I still want to know why Ray looks so entirely megacephalic today, though.

Also, is this the first external shot we've gotten of the stately home of Raymond Foster Smuckles? It's a good one.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Nabubrush on May 11, 2004, 02:26:02 pm
If the inside of my toilet was normally black, I would have quit smoking a long time ago.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Pedro Picasso on May 11, 2004, 09:07:49 pm
It would be funnier if one began a joke that the other finished or in some way embellished.  Instead, the joke is just repeated in two media.  That's so 'almost cool'.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 11, 2004, 10:44:01 pm
This is not how I quit smoking, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Gotta love the one cap-gun salute for each burial at sewer. Awesome.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Mantonio on May 12, 2004, 02:03:22 am
For some reason, I'm a wee bit scepitcal about Ray actually being able to quit.  I bet he relapses before the last cigarette is flushed, even if he has to giraffe one of those bad boy's out of the toilet.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: jay-ell on May 12, 2004, 02:13:18 am
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I bet he relapses before the last cigarette is flushed, even if he has to giraffe one of those bad boy's out of the toilet.


Ha!  Ha ha ha!  

Hey Onstad!  I'd pay to see this!  

But I forgot, you don't read this board.   :lol:
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 12, 2004, 07:45:40 pm
I'd like to see Barry Bass still in BEEF's toilet, smoking Rays discarded cigarettes and bitching about not having a TV to watch his fear factor.
Title: So long, soldier -- 11 May
Post by: Mantonio on May 12, 2004, 07:49:44 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'd like to see Barry Bass still in BEEF's toilet, smoking Rays discarded cigarettes and bitching about not having a TV to watch his fear factor.


Barry Bass all complaining they aren't Camels, all telling Beef to go out and buy him a zippo lighter.