The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on May 11, 2004, 10:34:48 am

Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: andalucia on May 11, 2004, 10:34:48 am
I am pretty sure this is my favourite Ray's Place ever.  Very hard to pick a line for the title.  
I like the cancer scare motif.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: wombat on May 11, 2004, 12:12:36 pm
Oh yes.  I was so tickled by this one, by the end I had an overwhelming urge to email someone and tell him that I loved him.  Fortunately I was spared the embarrassment of actually doing so by my weak grasp of the line between fantasy and reality - I wasn't sure whether I meant to say it to Ray or to Onstad.

Ray and all his products vs Beef and his Ivory soap and nail clippers is priceless.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: Nabubrush on May 11, 2004, 01:23:19 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Oh yes.  I was so tickled by this one, by the end I had an overwhelming urge to email someone and tell him that I loved him.  Fortunately I was spared the embarrassment of actually doing so by my weak grasp of the line between fantasy and reality - I wasn't sure whether I meant to say it to Ray or to Onstad.

Or me.

"Beef for god sakes just lathers his whole coat up with damn Ivory soap like he was in prison." This I like quite a bit, for some reason. I also kind of like the tie-in to the comic, though it was a bit throwaway. It's probably discussed there, but I came here first.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: pierced lemur on May 11, 2004, 01:38:59 pm
I really liked the bit about the "really slammin’ stretch-fit Calvin clubbin’ shirt". You have to admit, Ray looks damn fine in that shirt.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: V-Adore on May 11, 2004, 02:27:12 pm
Okay, this is fairly good stuff. I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but it's certainly solid.

The "cancer scare" bit would have been better if he'd not repeated the joke twice more, to increasingly diminishing humor returns. But still.

I'm still trying to figure out the whole "polar bear/walrus" letter thing. What the sam hell?
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: CortJstr on May 11, 2004, 04:11:10 pm
If Todd can't read why does he have an e-mail account (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01222002)? Do people just send him pictures?
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: Nabubrush on May 11, 2004, 04:28:55 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Ray in todays column"
...'57 Chevy Apache pickups and blow your brains out.


For some reason this imagery strongly reminds me of some dangity dang movie.  I'm betting Ray pulled it from his late night TNT watching.

Ermmm, Easy Rider?
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: jay-ell on May 11, 2004, 07:45:40 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
If Todd can't read why does he have an e-mail account (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01222002)? Do people just send him pictures?


http://www.readplease.com/
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: AugustWest on May 11, 2004, 07:50:42 pm
That's just sooo Hal9000.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: andalucia on May 11, 2004, 08:16:50 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
That's just sooo Hal9000.


There is absolutely no shame in that.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: Nabubrush on May 11, 2004, 08:54:37 pm
"Open the motherfuckin' pod bay doors, bitch."

"I can't do that, Todd."
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 11, 2004, 10:44:54 pm
Gah! Nabu, that is awesome.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 12, 2004, 02:10:57 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm still trying to figure out the whole "polar bear/walrus" letter thing. What the sam hell?


I thought maybe this was someone's attempt to reframe "My white parents don't like my black boyfriend" or "My Jewish parents don't like my goyishe boyfriend" in Underground terms.

Or it could just be some freakin' goofball.  Who knows.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: wombat on May 12, 2004, 04:50:26 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm still trying to figure out the whole "polar bear/walrus" letter thing. What the sam hell?


Someone else is going to have to answer this question.  It is decidedly not my role on this board to be the one who knows about weird sexual fetishes.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: Bozack on May 13, 2004, 02:32:57 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
That's just sooo Hal9000.


DAMMIT, DAVE (http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0101/anagram5/)
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: slink on May 13, 2004, 03:17:42 am
Quote from: "Bozack"

DAMMIT, DAVE (http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0101/anagram5/)


I kind of read Hal as Master Shake.

Is that wrong?
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 13, 2004, 04:48:51 am
Thanks, Slink, for making me read that hearing Master Shake and Frylock having a discussion.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: arkabee on May 13, 2004, 01:11:11 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bozack"

DAMMIT, DAVE (http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0101/anagram5/)


I kind of read Hal as Master Shake.

Is that wrong?


man, if that's wrong, then, well, i don't wanna know what right is.
Title: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th
Post by: slink on May 13, 2004, 04:13:03 pm
My pleasure AD. My job here is done.

And that's what I was kind of figuring Arkabee. My level 4 subquest is also done.