The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: miles on May 12, 2004, 10:13:05 am
-
Hmm. Funny? Or holy SHIT am I just tired? The paper is almost done, though.
Did Lyle do a good deed, or was it just a set-up for the horn gag?
-
Is that a loaf of bread?
-
I found this not terribly funny except for Todd's van.
-
jeez - tough audience.
I thought this was one of the funnier strips in recent memory.
-
Certainly better than usual lately.
I have to wonder how socially awkward the "Baby Animal Murder School" must be in a society of all animals (and a few *****s).
-
poor philippe. he's more worried about problems in the community than being seriously cussed on by lyle.
i would vote philippe.
-
Does that look like the Kool-Aid Man to anybody else? The horn, clearly, should say, "oh yeah!"
Next week: Lyle is a contestant on Underground Monster Garage.
-
Does that look like the Kool-Aid Man to anybody else?
That was certainly my first thought.
-
I know it's wrong, but "HERE COMES A HUGE FAG" made me laugh insanely.
Years ago, when Wayne's World was just a skit on SNL and actually funny, Wayne did a top ten list of Things Beev (Garth's dad?) says. Number one was "Hi, I'm Beev, I'm a big fag." That made me laugh too.
-
Back to wrenchin' again.
I didn't particularly find the last panel to be very funny, but "Here Comes a Huge Fag" was something we'd say when a guy who hung with my group but wasn't actually friends with anyone in it would try to hang out with us.
Ah, memories.
-
Todd's horn plays like a huge song.
-
I think the last four panels were completely unessessary. "Huge fag" works as a much better punchline than "baby animal murder school".
-
This is the first time we've seen Philippe out of his candidate outfit... Is he officially done with his run for President?
-
I thought his little car was so he could ride around and meet his constituency.
-
*Pending verification that a young otter can be called a 'pup'.
Indeed.
Although it conjures up images in my mind of Weing's Pup bimbling around in a bright little car.
Just because I wanted to say Weing's Pup in a serious sentence today.
-
Todd may be illiterate but he appears to be able to read minds. He is responding in speech to a thought bubble from Phillipe.
-
This raises an interesting theological/semiotic question. Blister is a squirrel who has died and gone to heaven, and occasionally returns to our world (OK, the Acheworld). As a result HE SPEAKS IN ALL CAPS. Todd is a squirrel who has died and gone to hell and has returned to our (Ache)world. Why doesn't Todd speak in all caps?
Is it a heaven versus hell thing? If so, why doesn't Beef speak in all caps. Granted, he's been to both heaven and hell. But he didn't SPEAK IN ALL CAPS during the period intervening between his visits to the afterlife extremes. Does the ALL CAPS ecclesiastic vocalization modification only affect squirrels? Would it affect other rodents? Is an otter a rodent, and if so, would Phillipe be affected if he went to heaven?
It is a mystery.
-
This raises an interesting theological/semiotic question. Blister is a squirrel who has died and gone to heaven, and occasionally returns to our world (OK, the Acheworld). As a result HE SPEAKS IN ALL CAPS. Todd is a squirrel who has died and gone to hell and has returned to our (Ache)world. Why doesn't Todd speak in all caps?
Is it a heaven versus hell thing? If so, why doesn't Beef speak in all caps. Granted, he's been to both heaven and hell. But he didn't SPEAK IN ALL CAPS during the period intervening between his visits to the afterlife extremes. Does the ALL CAPS ecclesiastic vocalization modification only affect squirrels? Would it affect other rodents? Is an otter a rodent, and if so, would Phillipe be affected if he went to heaven?
It is a mystery.
Sir, you are thinking too much about this and for this I deem thee a demidunce.
Blister is a GHOST. He can go through solid objects and is translucent and has a halo and all that jazz. He is not a soul in the afterlife, he is a GHOST that is on our plane. Hence the ghostly reverb talk as represented in SPOOKY CAPS.
Beef was in the afterlife and returned to life as a living creature. Likewise, Ray, Beef and Todd were all re-embodied after flushing themselves into reality. ergo, no caps.
-
Sir, you are thinking too much about this
Ah, but we know Blister has spent time in Heaven, sicne he hooked up with Beef when he was there. So it's a question of where the soul lies. Blister's soul still lies in death, in Heaven, whereas Todd had a full getout clause from Hell, and is now technically alive again.
So yes, Bobby is right, but don't forget that Blister is in/from Heaven still, not just a ghost.
-
"Fag" is one of those words that's funny not because of what it is, but who actually uses it. It just sounds hilarious if said in a dead-pan, caveman, slightly Southern tone of voice, like, I don't know, a high school football player from Louisville, Kentucky.
I ain't bitter or nothing.
-
It's OK Bozack, You. Are. Rad.
Even if you are a Fag.
-
I actually like Todd's horn.
Not only would it attract attention, it may also get them to move out of his way.
Two of the three basic functions of the horn.
The third being the mating call of the redneck bogan.
-
I wrote this in my lj before bed when I first saw this strip and even though I am no longer sleepy, I still find it amusing to think about:
At first I read it as 'HUG' which is way funnier considering Philippe and the huuugs! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10252001) it's like this is the tougher Philippe who runs people over in his car and bitterly calls it the new hug like 'here comes your hug, fag'.
-
It's OK Bozack, You. Are. Rad.
Even if you are a Fag.
Now I know what name my next donation to the tip jar is gonna buy me.
-
I actually like Todd's horn.
Fag.
-
'here comes your hug, fag'.
Now there's a new T-shirt idea.