The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: AugustWest on May 13, 2004, 05:35:55 pm

Title: What a deal!
Post by: AugustWest on May 13, 2004, 05:35:55 pm
Great bargains! (http://www.cadigital.com/cadigtl.htm)  Check out the modems.
Title: Re: What a deal!
Post by: sjlimmer on May 13, 2004, 06:30:10 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Check out the modems.


For a few weeks, in my younger days, I worked on an assembly line putting together those crappy Megahertz PCMCIA modems.  What a lovely memory (actually, it was the least-shitty temp job I ever had).
Title: What a deal!
Post by: jough on May 13, 2004, 06:55:43 pm
Check out the power supplies!  Gumby gives them his thumbs-up!

:up:
Title: What a deal!
Post by: jough on May 13, 2004, 07:00:49 pm
And they have a Pinnicle Micro 2x CD-R burner for only $2,359.

What a deal!
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Choop on May 13, 2004, 09:11:01 pm
Wow. (http://www.cadigital.com/poqetpc.htm)

Easily the most garish thing I have ever seen on the internet since Tubgirl.

Scrolling and blinking text. One isn't bad enough, let's use both!
Title: Re: What a deal!
Post by: arkabee on May 13, 2004, 10:14:49 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Great bargains! (http://www.cadigital.com/cadigtl.htm)  Check out the modems.


i can't tell if you are being sarcastic.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: CortJstr on May 13, 2004, 11:09:27 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Scrolling and blinking text. One isn't bad enough, let's use both!

Let's hear it for Firefox yet again! I'm so glad I turned off the blink tag.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: AugustWest on May 14, 2004, 02:44:30 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Wow. (http://www.cadigital.com/poqetpc.htm)

Easily the most garish thing I have ever seen on the internet since Tubgirl.

Scrolling and blinking text. One isn't bad enough, let's use both!


I would actually like one of those.  A pocketable computer that I could touch type on would be perfect for notetaking and scheduling.  I prefer to type whenever possible -- that's the big disadvantage to PDA's for me.
Title: Re: What a deal!
Post by: AugustWest on May 14, 2004, 02:45:22 am
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Great bargains! (http://www.cadigital.com/cadigtl.htm)  Check out the modems.


i can't tell if you are being sarcastic.


I am being sarcastic.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Choop on May 14, 2004, 03:52:38 am
Cort, I'm using Firefox. Where the frell do you turn off the blink tag? If it's a setting, I can't believe I missed it.

Oh - I looked at the source, and it's a scripting-based blinking. And scrolling. There's a marquee tag, but I can only assume it makes the scrolling happen even faster, which I don't know why.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Bozack on May 14, 2004, 04:25:03 am
Hahaha, LAZER DIVISION!

LAZER DIVISION ALPHA! CYBORG ASSAULT HAS REACHED THE BRIDGE! PROTECT THE STARGATE AT ALL COSTS! LAZER DIVISION BETA, WHERE ARE MY NACHOS?!!!
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Choop on May 14, 2004, 04:35:53 am
Bozack, you make me miss St. Zartan.

Really, for that I love you. Whatever happened to Zart?
Title: Re: What a deal!
Post by: arkabee on May 14, 2004, 01:25:55 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Great bargains! (http://www.cadigital.com/cadigtl.htm)  Check out the modems.


i can't tell if you are being sarcastic.


I am being sarcastic.


why?

i thought it was a nice resource for ridiculously difficult kit to find.  sure, it seems expensive, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to pay more for an out of date, old modem than to pay less for a brand new cheap modem that you have to TOTALLY redesign your infrastucture around.

also, that laptop/notebook/thing with the blink tags was the bomb.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: slink on May 14, 2004, 01:52:48 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"

Really, for that I love you. Whatever happened to Zart?


By christ yes. Whatever did happen to him?
Maybe you out Zart'ed him Bozack!
Title: What a deal!
Post by: CortJstr on May 14, 2004, 02:04:24 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Cort, I'm using Firefox. Where the frell do you turn off the blink tag? If it's a setting, I can't believe I missed it.

Oh - I looked at the source, and it's a scripting-based blinking. And scrolling. There's a marquee tag, but I can only assume it makes the scrolling happen even faster, which I don't know why.

There are two ways. You can edit your config file manually (http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html).

Or if you want the easy way like me. Type "about:config" in the location bar. Find "browser.blink_allowed" which is about 2 dozen lines down and double click it. Type "false" in the box and hit okay.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: V-Adore on May 14, 2004, 03:04:13 pm
See, now I'm wondering where the heck Zartan is. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone, indeed.

Did they pave St. Zartan and put in a parking lot?
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Nabubrush on May 14, 2004, 03:18:47 pm
Whatever happened to that thread that asked about those guys and . . . well, that didn't work. Back on topic, that website didn't look all ugly to me. There were no flashing things or anything like that. Have they changed it? Because I am using IE, and I haven't done anything to it, because I don't know how. It may be that it only looks horrible to people in the know.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Choop on May 14, 2004, 03:49:19 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
There are two ways. You can edit your config file manually (http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html).

Or if you want the easy way like me. Type "about:config" in the location bar. Find "browser.blink_allowed" which is about 2 dozen lines down and double click it. Type "false" in the box and hit okay.


Thanks - and I found in the source (with a second viewing) that the blink is assigned in the style attribute of the marquee tag. What really surprises me about this is that these people are so out-of-date with today's internet, yet they were using CSS back whenever the hell they wrote the page - which made them pretty cutting-edge.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: jough on May 14, 2004, 04:20:21 pm
Yeah, I think that site was last updated in mid-1995 - the equipment would have been cutting-edge at the time, and their prices reasonable.

Someone is still paying for hosting of that site.
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Bozack on May 14, 2004, 08:29:13 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Whatever happened to Zart?


BUUUURRRRRPPPPP.

....What?

rip the skin, eat the flesh, suck the bones, use the shirt as a bib
Title: What a deal!
Post by: St_Zartan on May 17, 2004, 09:29:36 pm
For a thread that ends with my being eaten and partially regurgitated (a long leisurely belch like that, you're bound to get a thimbleful or so of that Surprise Puke up with it, maybe a gritty bit too like a molar or the stiff plastic at the end of a shoelace) by Bozack, late of the LAZER DIVISION, this is all surprisingly low-key and tasteful.

THE ROLE OF BOZACK'S "...what?" FACE WILL BE PLAYED BY A PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE-ERA MARK HOLTON
Title: What a deal!
Post by: Bozack on May 17, 2004, 10:22:34 pm
(http://www.wasteoftechnology.com/motw/markholton/002.jpg)

...what?