The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AugustWest on May 14, 2004, 02:54:17 am

Title: Entomological update
Post by: AugustWest on May 14, 2004, 02:54:17 am
Just saw my first lightning bug of the year!  Ain't that special?
Title: Entomological update
Post by: CortJstr on May 14, 2004, 03:03:44 am
cicadas are "teh suck"
Title: Entomological update
Post by: V-Adore on May 14, 2004, 03:43:47 am
A friend of mine posted baby-cicada pictures. I was forced to "eeee" piteously at them.

I like insects, really. They're remarkable.
Title: Entomological update
Post by: Bozack on May 14, 2004, 04:22:17 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
cicadas are "teh suck"

Me walking to my car this morning:
CRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCH.
......
Fuck!!!! MY SHOES!


I was only 1 when the last locust summer came: it's only May, and already there are literally hundreds per every couple square feet. What June will hold, God only knows.
Title: Entomological update
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 14, 2004, 05:51:10 am
I've been eaten by mosquitos almost nonstop since July, 2002.

One thing that makes me want to move somewhere snowy: the bugs here.
Title: Entomological update
Post by: slink on May 14, 2004, 01:54:34 pm
And this is one huge, festering, reasong why I don't live in the States!
Title: Entomological update
Post by: Nabubrush on May 14, 2004, 02:56:32 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I've been eaten by mosquitos almost nonstop since July, 2002.

One thing that makes me want to move somewhere snowy: the bugs here.

Hey, somewhere snowy like Alaska? Because the mosquitos in Alaska will leave you a dried-up husk. If you want to avoid mosquitos, it has to basically be snowy year-round. The only real way is to go somewhere that never has standing water - like the Sahara.
Title: Entomological update
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 14, 2004, 07:19:34 pm
Instead of towels, toilet paper and napkins here, we just use OFF! wipes for everything.